Hyatt Regency/Vancouver

pbk917

Thanks for all the help with this. I looked for our dates late August. 5* (golf nearby) was $141 and 4* was $100, 3.5* was $96 and oddly enought 2* was $144. I know this is prime time so I will have to pay the premium.

RandS....the 5* with golf nearby is the Sutton Place....a very nice hotel if you want to pay the $141. If Hotwire has the 4*'s for $100 you might try a $90 bid on Priceline and if that doen't work you could try upping to $93. If that doesn't work Priceline probably doesn't have availability and you could go with Hotwire or make a cancellable back up reservation some place and try waiting it out and rebidding 3 or 4 weeks in advance of your dates (personally I am not sure that would work this summer....but if you are a gambler at heart go for it!!!.)

I have been trying Priceline for several weeks for 3 nights prior to June 12 cruise. For years we have been successful in using Priceline for great 4star inexpensive hotel stays in major cities, including Vancouver. I just coudn't get anything. Bid up to $95. I was getting nervous as I really wanted something in the downtown area.

I checked Hotwire this morning and either the Marriott Pinnacle or Hyatt (identical amenities according to www.betterbidding.com methods) was going for $93. When I went back to Hotwire to book this afternoon, it was up to $96. So, we have the Hyatt on the nights I want, and it looks like a deal to me. :)

Hi all I just got the Hyatt Regency - however my bid was rejected when I just put in Vancouver 4* - however it was excepted when I went back and put in Vancouver & Delta 4* (I knew this was safe as Delta does not have a 4* hotel (neither does Surrey or langley)). Try this alterntion to your bid and see if it helps. It was a tip i got.

Archived