Hotels in Miami near cruise port

Ginger Pop

we've stayed twice at the Holiday, quite acceptable. Have stayed at two others, through Priceline (can't remember names, would take research). One was a few blocks more away, the other about a mile away from the same area. Both were at least as good, maybe a bit better, and cost considerably less. Think I'll do Priceline again in Jan.

This will be first time for us in Miami.

We are also looking to stay close to Bayside, maybe Intercontinental.

Can someone give some advice on what to do with rental car, i.e. are there agencies close to hotel to return car and then take cab to ship, or can cars be returned at ship port ? Or do certain car rentals offer shuttles to ship port ?

Thanks for your tips.

Lastminute travel dot com is an excellent source to get the Intercontinental. We were able to get it for $84 for December 10, 2010. When you go to this website put in 5 stars for your search criteria and it's usually the first hotel that will pop up. Here's the information on the detail page:

General Description

5 star accommodations

Close proximity to business district

Close proximity to shopping district

Elegant design and décor

Great combination for business and pleasure

Centrally located next to Bayside Market Place

Conveniently located in Biscayne Bay

Hotel within walking distance of Miami Business District

Local Attractions

South Beach - 5 miles

Vizcaya Museum & Gardens - 2.5 miles

Miami Seaquarium - 2.75 miles

Miami Beach - 3 miles

Recreation

Fully equipped fitness center

Outdoor swimming pool

Kids

Babysitting services at nominal fees

Restaurants & Lounges

Onsite restaurant

Full service bar/lounge

Services

24 hr front desk service

Concierge services

Business services available at front desk

Elevators

Valet dry cleaning and laundry services

Full service salon/spa

24 hour room service

Meeting Facilities

Fully equipped business center

30 Event facilities

66,000 –sq ft of event space for business meetings, conferences , and special occasions

Accommodation

34 floors

Luxury guest rooms

Elegant guest rooms

Air conditioning

Cable/satellite television channels

Pay movies

Desk

Hair dryer

Internet access (surcharge)

Voice mail

644 guestrooms

Parking

On site parking available

Parking fee: $34

Also, if you click on bird's eye view at the bottom of the information page you can see the hotel and it says Chopin Plaza where it's located. :D

As far rental cars, there are only 4 companies that have an agreement with the port. Dollar/Thrifty (same company), Hertz and Alamo. None of them are close to the pier, but downtown and I believe they have a free shuttle to the pier that leaves their office every 15 minutes. They will also pick you up after the cruise and take you to their location if you have a car booked. We haven't been to Miami before either so we are renting a car for the convenience and it will be cheaper than paying for all those cabs, even paying the parking fee at this hotel.

Lastminute travel dot com is an excellent source to get the Intercontinental. We were able to get it for $84 for December 10, 2010. When you go to this website put in 5 stars for your search criteria and it's usually the first hotel that will pop up. Here's the information on the detail page:

General Description

5 star accommodations

Close proximity to business district

Close proximity to shopping district

Elegant design and décor

Great combination for business and pleasure

Centrally located next to Bayside Market Place

Conveniently located in Biscayne Bay

Hotel within walking distance of Miami Business District

Local Attractions

South Beach - 5 miles

Vizcaya Museum & Gardens - 2.5 miles

Miami Seaquarium - 2.75 miles

Miami Beach - 3 miles

Recreation

Fully equipped fitness center

Outdoor swimming pool

Kids

Babysitting services at nominal fees

Restaurants & Lounges

Onsite restaurant

Full service bar/lounge

Services

24 hr front desk service

Concierge services

Business services available at front desk

Elevators

Valet dry cleaning and laundry services

Full service salon/spa

24 hour room service

Meeting Facilities

Fully equipped business center

30 Event facilities

66,000 –sq ft of event space for business meetings, conferences , and special occasions

Accommodation

34 floors

Luxury guest rooms

Elegant guest rooms

Air conditioning

Cable/satellite television channels

Pay movies

Desk

Hair dryer

Internet access (surcharge)

Voice mail

644 guestrooms

Parking

On site parking available

Parking fee: $34

Also, if you click on bird's eye view at the bottom of the information page you can see the hotel and it says Chopin Plaza where it's located. :D

As far rental cars, there are only 4 companies that have an agreement with the port. Dollar/Thrifty (same company), Hertz and Alamo. None of them are close to the pier, but downtown and I believe they have a free shuttle to the pier that leaves their office every 15 minutes. They will also pick you up after the cruise and take you to their location if you have a car booked. We haven't been to Miami before either so we are renting a car for the convenience and it will be cheaper than paying for all those cabs, even paying the parking fee at this hotel.

I know there is one car rental car right by the IC. I am trying to remember which on it is. But my mind is failing me today. Can someone help us out?

Laura

It looks like Hertz is about a 1/4 mile away at 354 SE 1st St.; Avis is 99 SE 2nd is less than a mile. However, I don't think Avis is under contract with the port from what I've read on the boards. You could take a cab to the port from there though.

Kathy, thanks for the info.

Laura

I stay at the Epic whenever I am in Miami. It is located downtown on the river and next to the Knight Center. It is a boutique hotel with a great spa, restaurant (named one of the top Restaurants of 2009), and walking distance from Bayside. One nice thing is they offer "Tall" rooms, which have extra long beds and hgiher showerheads.

Laura I also read on trip adviser that the Intercontinental has a Enterprise office in the hotel. I don't know if this is correct or not as I couldn't find anything doing a search.

Your welcome. :D

Kathy, I just called the IC and they do have a Enterprise office in the hotel. But I did decide to go with Hertz instead. Thanks for all your help.

Laura

I stay at the Epic whenever I am in Miami. It is located downtown on the river and next to the Knight Center. It is a boutique hotel with a great spa, restaurant (named one of the top Restaurants of 2009), and walking distance from Bayside. One nice thing is they offer "Tall" rooms, which have extra long beds and higher shower heads.

Is Epic a Kimpton hotel?? I do like Kimptons.

Laura

Archived