Transportation reccomendation Orlando to port

DandyTwister

Hi,

We were on a cruise in September. We did Disney first and I had to figure out transportation from there to the port and then from the port to Universal after the cruise. We weren't renting a car since we were staying on Disney property, but thought about renting one to get to the port. I didn't like the idea, however, of taking time away from Disney to go get a car, then figure out driving etc. I found a company called Executive VIP Limousine and Sedan Service (VIPLIMO@SCREENSTAR.COM) that was really GREAT!!! They picked us up at Disney in a really nice sedan (I'm not good with cars so I can't tell you a make or model - just that it was black and really nice). Our driver, Micheal, was great at managing to fit our 5 pieces of luggage and 3 carry on's in the car somehow and still leave ample room for the 3 of us. He was really friendly and pointed out the sights as we drove to the port...like an extra excursion if you haven't been to Orlando before!

After the cruise he was there as soon as we got off the ship. They had accidentally double booked him for that day, so after a short drive to a local hotels parking lot we got out of the sedan and settled into a white stretch limo to take us to Universal!! What a great little treat - our son was extremely impressed!! Our limo driver, Marlene was also really friendly and helpful.

I can't say enough about this company...and they only charged us $79.00 each way - I couldn't have rented a car, filled up with gas and paid the insurance and taxes for that amount!!

Just thought I'd pass it on since trying to figure out transportation was a huge headache for me.

Hi,

We were on a cruise in September. We did Disney first and I had to figure out transportation from there to the port and then from the port to Universal after the cruise. We weren't renting a car since we were staying on Disney property, but thought about renting one to get to the port. I didn't like the idea, however, of taking time away from Disney to go get a car, then figure out driving etc. I found a company called Executive VIP Limousine and Sedan Service (VIPLIMO@SCREENSTAR.COM) that was really GREAT!!! They picked us up at Disney in a really nice sedan (I'm not good with cars so I can't tell you a make or model - just that it was black and really nice). Our driver, Micheal, was great at managing to fit our 5 pieces of luggage and 3 carry on's in the car somehow and still leave ample room for the 3 of us. He was really friendly and pointed out the sights as we drove to the port...like an extra excursion if you haven't been to Orlando before!

After the cruise he was there as soon as we got off the ship. They had accidentally double booked him for that day, so after a short drive to a local hotels parking lot we got out of the sedan and settled into a white stretch limo to take us to Universal!! What a great little treat - our son was extremely impressed!! Our limo driver, Marlene was also really friendly and helpful.

I can't say enough about this company...and they only charged us $79.00 each way - I couldn't have rented a car, filled up with gas and paid the insurance and taxes for that amount!!

Just thought I'd pass it on since trying to figure out transportation was a huge headache for me.

I am very glad your experience here went so well and enjoyed for that is our goal with our visitors that come and go to have the best time yet and without any hassles.

Come back anytime for the City leaves its lights on all night for you :)

It was only an excuse, I meen the double booking. The sedan he picked you up in from the port was'nt permitted, as I'll bet you he picked you up across the little street from the terminal with the other personal vehicles, not where the other town cars and limos pick up. He took you out to a local hotel because they (the port) wont let him in with the limo since it or Michael isn't permitted nor can be. My point is this. Its like recomending a cotractor to remodel your home. Would you, if they were'nt state sanctioned i.e permits? If they are'nt permited you have to wonder why right? Even if there pretty good at what they do. If a transportation company does'nt have the proper permits, who's to say they have the proper insurance, lets say. I personally would'nt recomend a service that operates under such questionable guidelines. I meen how would snelsonbrown feel if some got hurt and the company she recomends did'nt have the proper insurance? Lets go one step further. I'll bet executive vip limo and mihael don't have Orlando airport permits either. Those of you with experience of this company. Does he pick you up in a sedan just outside baggage claim with the other normal vehicles? Transportation companies that are permitted legally with the Orlando Int. are required to pick up one level below baggage claim at ground transportation. You would know this cause the only other vehicles around are other town cars, limos, busses and vans. Some people might say I'm just causing trouble. But in reality I'm looking out for our tourist, making sure that they are riding in a properly permitted and insured vehicle. God forbid something went wrong.

So Zac98, who would you recommend then since you seem to have such an issue with Michael? If you actually read who is recommended, you will see there are many names floating around like Travelynx, Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Happy Limo, Florida Towncar, to name a few.

I can also list some that have gone out of business if you like. I can also give you a list of people drive anything from a little beat up toyota or a nice SUV who also run people back in forth to the airport.

So, who would you recommend? Since you claim you are "looking out for our tourist", why don't you offer us a few names.

It was only an excuse, I meen the double booking. The sedan he picked you up in from the port was'nt permitted, as I'll bet you he picked you up across the little street from the terminal with the other personal vehicles, not where the other town cars and limos pick up. He took you out to a local hotel because they (the port) wont let him in with the limo since it or Michael isn't permitted nor can be. My point is this. Its like recomending a cotractor to remodel your home. Would you, if they were'nt state sanctioned i.e permits? If they are'nt permited you have to wonder why right? Even if there pretty good at what they do. If a transportation company does'nt have the proper permits, who's to say they have the proper insurance, lets say. I personally would'nt recomend a service that operates under such questionable guidelines. I meen how would snelsonbrown feel if some got hurt and the company she recomends did'nt have the proper insurance? Lets go one step further. I'll bet executive vip limo and mihael don't have Orlando airport permits either. Those of you with experience of this company. Does he pick you up in a sedan just outside baggage claim with the other normal vehicles? Transportation companies that are permitted legally with the Orlando Int. are required to pick up one level below baggage claim at ground transportation. You would know this cause the only other vehicles around are other town cars, limos, busses and vans. Some people might say I'm just causing trouble. But in reality I'm looking out for our tourist, making sure that they are riding in a properly permitted and insured vehicle. God forbid something went wrong.

When we used VIPLimo a few weeks ago... he picked us up right outside of baggage claim at the airport (same as other car service companies we saw there). And he picked up from the cruiseport at the same place the other shuttle busses/car services were waiting!

I'm not certain what your particular grudge is against Michael or VIPLimo... but, obviously, people have had very favorable experiences with him and therefore are recommending him!!!

You know what...you must be a disgruntled employee or po'd by something that either Micheal or Shirley did to you.

Why don't you step up to the plate and direct your issues to them personally, since it appears as though you're from the area. Stop using these boards as your personal grounds for whining...

Nobody's interested, since you have nothing of importance to add...

I want to sincerely thank everyone for protecting not only the thread of "I Work In Port Canaveral" and my intergrity for I am concern that I will be blocked on this poster's input - I, again repeat, am in no way associated with anyone or benefit in any way.

This was my last answer a couple days ago to this gentleman and if he has any concern and is here, then he should address the companies/people he is pointing a finger at since surely he/she knows where all those that are being spoken of are here locate and have email address and phone numbers. Mine is all over the place and I do not use an alias for my posting name

BTW zac yes I have cruised out of Port Canaveral for many many years - back when the Port first started with cruise ships.

Thanks again and this will be the last time I take my time to comment for the issue is with the poster and not us.

Originally Posted by zac98

Once again why is Snelsonbrown recomending certain companies for transportation? I would understand if snelsonbrown were a cruiser, But my understanding is that she lives near and has a business near Port Canaveral. Has she used these companies? Whats the conection here?

I have lived here for over 47 years and I do NOT recommend anyone in particular except those that I know have a good reputation for not leaving their guest without even one contact as to what happened to their ride - if you have been here for sometime, do you remember when a well known transportation company here was seized and none of the cruisers knew what had happened to their rides - many didn't make it to the airport in time and had to stay over at THEIR expense - I was in Key West at the time and many had my cell phone number and I felt so helpless - I was able to call a number of rental car places to get some help and then some shuttle service so that is why I put more than just a few that do have a good reputation and if you have a problem, you know how to contact me and we can address the issue - AGAIN there isn't anything in this for me except I happen to care about our visitors

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to clarify something. Ms snelsonbrown does this community a great service I think? My issue is someone with such influence pointing out certain people to do business with. I wish someone with such great influnce would only do her homework. I understand executive vip and Michael does have good reviews and appreciate them and their service to our community. My concern is the legality and safety of our cruisers. Ports and airports have certain procedures and rules in effect to keep the public safe and in compliance of safety procedures. If someone wants to try to skip over the rules there's generally a reason. Maybe there vehicles don't pass inspections, they don't have proper insurance or their drivers or company owners can't get the proper permits. Once Ms snelsonbrown can verify to all of us that the before mentioned company and Michael that she seems to recomend in every post, has the proper permits for the Orlando International Airport and Port Canaveral I personally will leave this alone. Just to let you know, I do work in Port Canaveral and will be watching.

I'll say this once, I work for no perticular company nor orginazation. I work and live in the Canaveral area and have certain knowledge and opinions of the people who do business in this area. I just beleave in the right way of doing things. I'm wondering why you seem to be taking this so personal? No need to respond unless you have nothing better to do with yourself. Do you have the means to prove that the before mentioned company is properly permitted and or will back them wth your word?

/

Do you have means to prove they are properly permitted? I won't ask you to back them with "your word" because what weight does the word of an anonymous person on the internet carry anyway?

As far as taking any of this personally, you are mistaken. I do my own research. I read what others have to say here but I form my own opinions. The I work at Port Canaveral thread has a lot of good information but should just be a starting point for people looking for information. They should use the links provided to then research the companies they are going to use.

The "right way of doing things" would be to handle the situation like a professional and contact the chamber of commerce if you feel there is a real issue. The petty way to handle it is to post vague threats on an internet forum under an anonymous screen name.

• 1 month later...

Well...I started this thread to give a good review to a company that gave me great service. I wanted other travelers to know that this company offered me and my family excellent customer service, met or exceeded all our needs, met all their commitments to us and helped make our trip memorable.

Now, as to all the hullabaloo over proper licenses and such. One poster here seems to think that I, from Alberta, not Orlando, would be aware of exactly where properly licensed cars should be picking me up from. Why the heck do you think I would know that?? I do know I got picked up from the door of my Disney Hotel and delivered to the port right out front and picked up from there. I do know that the drivers were friendly, informative and professional.

I wonder if the disgruntled poster checks on the licensed and permits of the taxi's he jumps into? Does VIP have all the proper licenses? I assume so unless "PROOF" is given to show me other wise. Until then I will continue to recommend them to other travelers.

(and just as my personal "guess"...if they do not have the proper license...and I am NOT saying that they don't...maybe it isn't because they aren't qualified or safe in some way...but because Carnival would charge them so much they could no longer offer such good value to their customers? Just a thought...I love Carnival...but compare one of their excursions to the price you can pay privately...and in many ports they won't "allow" private vendors to pick up in the port in order to try to monopolize the excursions. Just a thought...not "proof" of anything...just a personal, random thought).

Well...I started this thread to give a good review to a company that gave me great service. I wanted other travelers to know that this company offered me and my family excellent customer service, met or exceeded all our needs, met all their commitments to us and helped make our trip memorable.

Now, as to all the hullabaloo over proper licenses and such. One poster here seems to think that I, from Alberta, not Orlando, would be aware of exactly where properly licensed cars should be picking me up from. Why the heck do you think I would know that?? I do know I got picked up from the door of my Disney Hotel and delivered to the port right out front and picked up from there. I do know that the drivers were friendly, informative and professional.

I wonder if the disgruntled poster checks on the licensed and permits of the taxi's he jumps into? Does VIP have all the proper licenses? I assume so unless "PROOF" is given to show me other wise. Until then I will continue to recommend them to other travelers.

(and just as my personal "guess"...if they do not have the proper license...and I am NOT saying that they don't...maybe it isn't because they aren't qualified or safe in some way...but because Carnival would charge them so much they could no longer offer such good value to their customers? Just a thought...I love Carnival...but compare one of their excursions to the price you can pay privately...and in many ports they won't "allow" private vendors to pick up in the port in order to try to monopolize the excursions. Just a thought...not "proof" of anything...just a personal, random thought).

Thank you for your review of VIP Services....do you have contact information for them????? I would like to make reservations for our May 1st cruise....

Angela

Archived