Captains on P&O?

happy cruisin

I never get a Portunis mag sent to me now and wonder do they still post them out?

I can't be bothered with the online thing - it's just not the same.

Caryl

The ex-OV'ers don't get a copy of the Portunis mag until they have booked their first P&O cruise. Would be nice to know who was on Ventura or Oceana next year. Maybe its the lovely Ian Hutley who we've managed to miss every time. ;) Gixxer said he was DDDG.....

The ex-OV'ers don't get a copy of the Portunis mag until they have booked their first P&O cruise. Would be nice to know who was on Ventura or Oceana next year. Maybe its the lovely Ian Hutley who we've managed to miss every time. ;) Gixxer said he was DDDG.....

I agree with Gixxer - sigh :o He's on Oriana at the moment. Bet the photo shop does well on there!;)

Last week on Azura, the Captain was Dowd - an Irishman. Never heard anything from him, except when we were leaving each port. Had a wonderful Captain on Artemis who gave us lovely commentaries as we went up the Bosphorus. They're all different!

Our Cd was Neil Oliver - never saw him either, except to introduce the shows each night. On Artemis we had Christine Noble. She was always out and about in the ship, chatting with people.

Doesn't actually matter one bit, just an observation.

We've never been on a ship with Captain Dowds before. Is he one of the nice captains who you always see around the ship? I remember when we were on Ventura - I don't think we ever saw the captain.

CAryl

Yes, he is often around the ship and i can confirm he - and his wife - are delightful.

We spent a whole cruise dining with them on Arcadia and a year later he not only remembered us by name, but made several generous gestures towards us too.

A thoroughly nice couple.

We've never been on a ship with Captain Dowds before. Is he one of the nice captains who you always see around the ship? I remember when we were on Ventura - I don't think we ever saw the captain.

CAryl

Caryl

It was probably Keith Dowds as he was Captain on Ventura for quite a while as well. I think the only time we saw him was at the Welcome Aboard party.

Still, he got us into and out of every port safely which I suppose is what you want from a Captain.

Debbie:)

Jean

He was the same on Ventura - no comments or broadcasts from him. However, you can also get the other extreme as on our Oriana cruise earlier this year when Capt. Burgess did a broadcast every morning at 7.45am to 8am whether in port or at sea - he was like your own personal alarm clock!

Debbie:)

Hee hee, the guy on Artemis was a bit like that - not quite though. He really did give a wonderful talk as we were going up the Bosphorus. Really made our day.

It was just the same when I was flying. Some Captains said nothing to the passengers, others either chatted away or even came out into the cabin and got in the way whilst we were serving food! LOL

Archived