Extra passenger to a room with a single passenger

ukitr

Sailing on the Grandeur in October and now my friend wants to come along sharing my room. I have paid in full with usual single supplements (approx 150%). Contacted my TA who is now contacting RC. Will I get my extra costs back?

Sailing on the Grandeur in October and now my friend wants to come along sharing my room. I have paid in full with usual single supplements (approx 150%). Contacted my TA who is now contacting RC. Will I get my extra costs back?

I have a "friend" who has booked single for a trans-Atlantic in October 2011. She is hoping to get a roommate. She is 75 years old and her potential roommates are a little cautious about buying green bananas at this point in their life and don't want to commit to a cruise that far out.

I asked Royal Caribbean if she gets a roommate, would the roommate pay the going price of the cabin at the time she added her (which is $250 more than my friend booked it at) or the price my friend booked at. They told me that the roommate would pay the price that my friend booked at even though the fare has increased. Of course, it could go the other way and go down and her roommate would be stuck at her price.

She said that the fare for my friend would be adjusted to the price of a double at the same "code" that she booked at.

I thought this was interesting.

My next question would be if the roommate buys insurance from a third party, would she get pre-existing if she bought it at the time she made her deposit or would she be out of luck since the initial deposit on the cabin was made several months prior. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Tucker in Texas

Archived