Pinnacle Food

lidorose

OK all you Pinnacle foodies, what's not to be missed when you eat there? I know the volcano cake is a must-try, and I've read so much about the steak, but which do you prefer: Porterhouse or filet? How about the soups? Starters? Sides?

All culinary comments most welcome!

Last year on the Rotterdam, we ate at the Pinnacle for the first time. I had the bone-in delmonico steak, INCREDIBLE. The dungeness crab cakes for an appetizer was wonderful, the asparagus(sp) and the scalloped potatoes. I enjoyed this so much last year, that this year on the Zuiderdam and Volendam, I plan on having the same thing again and cannot wait.

Enjoy!!

I had the bone-in delmonico steak, INCREDIBLE.

I read somewhere on these boards that the menu for the Pinnacle stays the same. The menus I have seen list filet and porterhouse as the steak choices. Do the menu selections vary slightly?

The menus will vary slightly from ship to ship in our experience. I had the petit filet with lobster tail on the Maasdam and it was excellent. I was really surprised that the lobster tasted so fresh - it did not taste as if it had been frozen, a plus in my book.

DH had the Ribeye and he loved it. We did not care for our Volcano Cake, I don't think it was done properly, next time we are trying something different.

We have two nights already booked on our upcoming cruise, so we'll have enough opportunity to try something new.

I thought you could only book the Pinnacle for the first night prior to cruise? I didn't know you could set up a week's worth of reservations? Does my TA do that? Phone Number? Website? Thanks!

Amy - You can call Ship Services and book as many nights as you wish. Have your credit card handy, you will be pre-paying... I don't have the number with me - I am at work, but someone here will have it and your TA should have it.

The menus will vary slightly from ship to ship in our experience. I had the petit filet with lobster tail on the Maasdam and it was excellent. I was really surprised that the lobster tasted so fresh - it did not taste as if it had been frozen, a plus in my book.

DH had the Ribeye and he loved it. We did not care for our Volcano Cake, I don't think it was done properly, next time we are trying something different.

We have two nights already booked on our upcoming cruise, so we'll have enough opportunity to try something new.

Laura, we too plan to do 2 nights this next time. I already paid for the first night and plan to do Pinnacle again on Friday night. I actually loved the Creme Brulee' Trio but was so stuff by the time I got to it. It might of been that second bottle of champagne we drank:eek: I want to retry the Volcano Cake and have the Creme Brulee' when I am not that stuff so I can really enjoy it.

Hmmmm... my TA gives me credits to use onboard, I've chosen two bottles of wine, a photo credit AND two tickets to the Pinnacle. So, I suppose I am then exempt from reserving ahead of time as I'll end up paying and not utilizing the freebies. Rats. Do suite passenger get any kind of preferential booking via the concierge for the Pinnacle?

Amy - The concierge will make your reservations for you if you are in a Suite. You may still be able to use your vouchers from your TA to book in advance - I'd call and check. The most difficult time to book is the first night because it's 1/2 price - that is why we always avoid it.

Lisa - I am so looking forward to the Creme Brulee trio - our friends had it on the Maasdam and raved. We may even add another night, depend on how we like our dining room experience. DH had me change us at the last minute to Main, lower level - table for 8-10, so we'll see! We had so much fun at our large table on the Noordam, we decided to try and make some new friends on this cruise.

Lisa - I am so looking forward to the Creme Brulee trio - our friends had it on the Maasdam and raved.

Both DW and I were underwhelmed by the Creme Brulee in the Pinnacle. It wasn't bad, just not particularly memorable, especially compared to the appetizers and main courses. WE didn't think any of the desserts were appreciably better than those in the DR. But we'd still go back for ther rest of the meal, anytime. :)

Both DW and I were underwhelmed by the Creme Brulee in the Pinnacle. It wasn't bad, just not particularly memorable, especially compared to the appetizers and main courses. WE didn't think any of the desserts were appreciably better than those in the DR. But we'd still go back for ther rest of the meal, anytime. :)

I am looking forward to trying it - I wonder if it will live up to the high praise received by so many... I will let you know. ;)

I am looking forward to trying it - I wonder if it will live up to the high praise received by so many... I will let you know. ;)

Laura, I think just like the Volcano Cake and all the food it can vary from ship to ship. We were extremely impressed with the Ryndam. Yet in 2003 we were not impressed at all with the Zuirderdam Pinnacle. It might of just been an off night.

Creme Brulee' is always my dessert of choice, I have been eating it for years before it was even as popular as it is now. I have been in 5 star establishments and had terrible creme brulee' runny, no taste and not that burnt on the top. Yet, just a few weeks ago in San Diego I ordered it at Black Angus and it was really good. One thing about the Pinnacle's Creme Brulee it was not overly burnt on the top but the flavors were extremely good especially the coffee one :p

Laura, I think just like the Volcano Cake and all the food it can vary from ship to ship. We were extremely impressed with the Ryndam. Yet in 2003 we were not impressed at all with the Zuirderdam Pinnacle. It might of just been an off night.

I agree 100% - we had a great dinner on the Maasdam, on the Zuiderdam we didn't care for it at all. Looking forward to trying the Volendam. :)

Gosh, I don't recall anything bad in the Pinnacle...

...'cept maybe the Wine Bill!:rolleyes:

But that Porterhouse was HUGE!!!

- I sure wished I could have had a doggy-bag for that one...

Cow. Definately liked the cow. Lamb was good too.

:D

Archived