New Ship in N.O. in Fall 2011

I would love to know why RCCL is not having another ship take the place of the Mariner's when it leaves in early 2011. Does anyone know of the reasoning why RCCL is not having another ship take its place???

Werent filling up the ship enough which means no money so they bothered not to replace her

Werent filling up the ship enough which means no money so they bothered not to replace her

Guess you're right, that would make sense. Wish they were though, because I now am forced to go back and cruise Carnival out of San Diego. I am still thinking that RCCL will regret taking ships out of California, just my opinion.

Guess you're right, that would make sense. Wish they were though, because I now am forced to go back and cruise Carnival out of San Diego. I am still thinking that RCCL will regret taking ships out of California, just my opinion.

Hopefully once the economy picks up then they will probably return

It appears that the Mariner fell victim to a poor economy in California as well as the people riding the ship were not spending much money on board. Galveston ran afoul of that last one several years ago and is still paying the price with RCI. At least the economy is still ginning along across much of the south.

She is almost 11 years old at this point. Has she ever been refurbished?

She had a lot of things done in the Spring of 09 when she was in drydock. We did the Winter repositioning Transatlantic on her last November/December and she was looking lovely.

I will be doing my 5th Voyager cruise in early January, so I'll report back on her condition.

Voyager is a great ship with a wonderful crew. I am going to miss her in Galveston.

Archived