Souvenir Question

Yankee Couple

Greetings... On our first voyage on the QM2, I wanted to purchase a Cunard or QM2 thimble as a souvenir. Alas, no shop on board had one. Upon our return, I successfully cut through cyber red-tape and actually found the supplier of such things but was told that they could only deal with on-board sales. If we were to sail again, they would try their best to have stock on board. I have since, lost the contact.

The good news is that we are sailing aboard QM2 again in January! Does anyone have information on how to get in touch with the company that supplies the shops on board? I know this may sound like a silly request but I have a nice collection of thimbles -- Staffordshire, Meissen, etc. -- from our travels and would love one from the Queen.

Happy sailing!

That was the company! Thank you so much.

It's an odd thing to collect, but they are small and don't take up too much space. Let's hope they will have them in stock this time. Otherwise, we may just have to book another cruise. :)

Thanks again for your post.

It's an odd thing to collect, but they are small and don't take up too much space. Let's hope they will have them in stock this time. Otherwise, we may just have to book another cruise. :)

It would be such a terrible shame having to keep booking cruises till you got your thimble:D:D:D

p.s. I would make sure that you couldn't get one, that way you could keep trying!

Anything Meissen is worth collecting.

Interesting comments! I am most certainly looking forward to the cruise more than a souvenir. Can't believe it but Harding Brothers will not be supplying thimbles for the January cruise or any cruise in the near future. Can't really blame them -- we collectors are rare, I think.

I have seen some thimbles on eBay but not in the last couple of years. Patience ... one will turn up when I least expect it.

Thanks for the great comments. Every one made me smile.

Archived