Woman Fell on Rocks at Peggys Cove 9/14/10

Melady

:confused: An older woman violently fell on the rocks at Peggy's Cove in Halifax on Tuesday September 14th. She appeared to have broken a hip and/or an arm, as she was unable to stand up. I've been praying for her ever since I saw her fall. I don't know what cruiseline she was on. If anyone knows of her condition, please post information here.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe she was from RCI's Enchantment of the Seas. I know our ship was there at that date and later heard passengers asking at Guest Relations about a woman falling. Apparently her hip was broken and she would have to remain in a hospital in Halifax.

My husband and I were there on an excursion from the Norwegian Jewel and saw the accident. She was just across the road from the gift shop. not on the wet rocks. It looked like she lost her balance and fell. We were sitting at one of the picnic tables and my husband tried to get to her before she went down but couldn't get there in time. She wasn't able to get up and said she thought it was her hip. We knew she was on one of the tour buses because the people she was with were getting things off the bus before the ambulance arrived. We wondered about her as well, and felt so sorry for her and the people she was traveling with.

That is such a dangerous area, people unsteady on their feet should remain in the giftshop area! I don't think our tour guide made any reference to being cautious, especially for those with limited mobility and there were many!

Archived