Quick thoughts on our recent Majesty trip

DanieleBelle

Sailed 9/13, 4 night to Key West, Nassau, skipped CocoCay.

Beer cooler is a great deal. Initial cooler is $41.76, 8 beers, choices are Mich Ultra, Bud, Bud Light, BudLite Lime. Refills are $29.33. Prices include gratuities.

No french fries in Windjammer all cruise. Fries came with steak sandwich on room service menu, but were limp and only about 6 of them. Must have been a shortage.

We skipped CocoCay due to high seas and stayed in Nassau for 28 hours. Captain informed us well ahead of time so we could make arrangements. We were refunded port charges of $1.35 each.

Compass Deli is a nice place to eat, but they ran out of crapes on day 3. We thought this was strange since they make them to order, perhaps they only mix up a certain amount of batter each day??

Food was so-so. Italian night in MDR was the best with Lamb, and eggplant tomato bake being the best entrees.

Express Depature was so easy, we were off the ship, through customs and in the car by 7:49am. Line never stopped.

Sailed 9/13, 4 night to Key West, Nassau, skipped CocoCay.

Beer cooler is a great deal. Initial cooler is $41.76, 8 beers, choices are Mich Ultra, Bud, Bud Light, BudLite Lime. Refills are $29.33. Prices include gratuities.

No french fries in Windjammer all cruise. Fries came with steak sandwich on room service menu, but were limp and only about 6 of them. Must have been a shortage.

We skipped CocoCay due to high seas and stayed in Nassau for 28 hours. Captain informed us well ahead of time so we could make arrangements. We were refunded port charges of $1.35 each.

Compass Deli is a nice place to eat, but they ran out of crapes on day 3. We thought this was strange since they make them to order, perhaps they only mix up a certain amount of batter each day??

Food was so-so. Italian night in MDR was the best with Lamb, and eggplant tomato bake being the best entrees.

Express Depature was so easy, we were off the ship, through customs and in the car by 7:49am. Line never stopped.

Glad to hear your trip was pleasant. Sorry to hear about some of the food being low or out, thank you for telling about the beer special. Seems like that will be something I will be using a lot of on my upcoming cruise in december if they have the deal going on then.

In all the times CocoCay was skipped,I have NEVER gotten port charges refunded...............granted $1.35 is no big deal,but this is the second time I have heard of this in the past month(and the other one got a bit more):confused::confused:

In all the times CocoCay was skipped,I have NEVER gotten port charges refunded...............granted $1.35 is no big deal,but this is the second time I have heard of this in the past month(and the other one got a bit more):confused::confused:

Maybe that was the money they use to buy the crêpe batter, and that's the reason that they ran out of crêpes.

:D

We were on this same cruise, and I'm glad to hear somebody got off the boat quickly. We were in the Boleros lounge at 8:30, and they didn't ever call anyone to head out. Eventually the Captain came on and said that there were some issues with the border patrol/immigration...and they had stopped the disembarkation process. Around 10 they announced that ALL groups were to head to deck 4 to disembark. What a nightmare that was. It was after 11 before we finally made it off the ship.

Overall it was a great cruise. I couldn't believe it when the Captain pulled back in to the dock to pick up the passengers that missed the boat in Nassau.

The beer cooler is a soft sided bag with shoulder strap, and the RCCL logo on it. It holds about 8 beers and ice and has a built in bottle opener. FYI it never leaked and folded flat for packing.

Oh, and I had a 8 pack of water in my checked bag and it made it just fine.

I just returned off the 3 day 9/17 sailing and we never went to Cococay either.

However, I don't recall ever hearing an announcement or reading anything anywhere as to why. I assume it was weather related, but never hear anything official from anyone as to why.

What do you mean Beer Cooler?

The beer cooler is a soft sided bag with shoulder strap, and the RCCL logo on it. It holds about 8 beers and ice and has a built in bottle opener. FYI it never leaked and folded flat for packing.

2172148580077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2286020930077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

No French Fries :eek::eek::eek:

Now THAT would be a tragedy!

Mine did leak after three days but they had no problem giving me a replacement.

Archived