Chef's Talbe sigh up

ittlfly

I have been reading a lot of posts about the "Chef Table" and the fact it is not to be missed. We have cruised many times (''diamond ''status on Celebrity) but we had never thought of signing up for this.

We are sailing on the Sea Princess in Oct. Once aboard, can someone provide information as to who to call to get signed up?

Thanks in advance

Sorry for the misspelling in the title...I went to Catholic school :D

I have been reading a lot of posts about the "Chef Table" and the fact it is not to be missed. We have cruised many times (''diamond ''status on Celebrity) but we had never thought of signing up for this.

We are sailing on the Sea Princess in Oct. Once aboard, can someone provide information as to who to call to get signed up?

Thanks in advance

Sorry for the misspelling in the title...I went to Catholic school :D

On our Sea Princess voyage in July, we got to our cabin and then dialed the DINE line and gave our names. Our voyage had enough for three separate tables.

Just off CB where I did my 3rd C/T which was fabulous!!! Yes, first priority when on board is to call Dine Line...which was not being answered by a real person but was a recording to leave number & you'd be called back...I didn't trust that much...went to MDR for lunch and spoke to maitre'd on duty and asked him to please put us (4) on the list for C/T...next day we were notified that we'd made it! So giving names to the

maitre'd in MDR did work!

Have previously gone to see THE maitre'd when everyone's trying to change tables and put names in and that worked too...

It's an experience not to be missed and worth every penny:D:D:D...(if you don't drink, the charge is only $60 pp)

Barbara

I have done Chef's table twice, a d if you board early you can go to the area outside the Crown Grille or Sabatini's where there is a waiter captain taking reservations. You can request that they put down your request for Chef's Table and mark the time of your request. They are usually there about an hour before the DINE line answers the phone.

We got onboard pretty early and called the dine line as soon as we got to our cabin both times. One person at our chef's table did not even wait to get to their cabin, but found the first house phone and called the dine line. I think it also depends on the cruise as well. On our Panama Canal cruise, we only had 8 people at our Chef's Table (which was the second of the cruise) On our S. Caribbean, I think folks tend to board a little later since the ship does not leave till 11pm.

How many times is Chef's Table offered per cruise?

Are there more on longer (14 day) cruises?

I think it depends on how many sign up, how many sea days (I believe they'd rather hold it on a sea day) and most importantly, what the head chef and maitre d' want to do. On our 10-day cruise in July, they had three Chef's Table. Last year on a 9-day cruise, there was only one.

I also have a question...

We likely won't be boarding until after 2:00... Does this mean we'll be too late to sign up? :eek:

Possibly... try to meet with the maitre d' and see what he can do.

We have done it twice on the Coral, and it sign up for the table was different. The first time we phoned as soon as we boarded, and the head waiter saw us at dinner to tell us that we did not make it. I told him that we were doing a B2B, so could he put us down for that, he agreed.

Forward to the next B2B on Coral, we signed up this time, no problem, with the same HW. On the second leg our HW came up to see if we would like to do it again! We declined.

Just for the record the book that we got on the second cruise was different from the first, a different Chef.

john

On two different cruises we called the DINE line after boarding around noon but got no answer, not even a recording. We were able to sign up at a table near the Crown Grille a bit later in the first cruise. The second

time we asked several different crew what to do and where to go and were given different info by each one. We finally went to the Maitre D in the dining room that was open for lunch and he put us on the list. I think this is the best way to go and do it immediately.

Archived