Carnival canceled Bannister Beach Break

650cs

I was just getting ready to print out my final documents since our cruise leaves this weekend; Triumph departing 9/25. I didn't understand why the Bannister Beach Break excursion didn't show up. After doing some checking, I noticed that the charge was on my credit card statement and then on the same statement, the amount was refunded. Carnival didn't tell me anything and when I called no one knew anything about it. That excursion doesn't show up on their website anymore. If I had already printed out my paperwork, I wouldn't have known anything until I was on the ship!

650cs...you'll have to contact Carnival on this. Either before you sail or once you get n board go to the excursions desk. Bannister Island is a private venture and at times they and various crusie ship lines cannot agree on costs or other terms. It may also be that there is a deadline for signing up prior to departure due to difficulties in communicating with the local vendors in a timely fashion. Ifnot enough cruisers on a ship have signed up in advance, the cruise line will cancel the excursion and so inform the vendor. There may not be a way for the crusie ship itself to contact the vendor after sail away or even the day before arrival in Belize. Everything on Bannister Island is brought in and must be procured prior to the day of your excursion. Lots ot coordinate here.

The customer service agent talked to the excursions dept and said Bannister Island is closed for Renovations. I think that they should have at least sent me an email to inform me of the change. I notice that other vendors are still going to the island so the excuse sounds a bit weak. Whatever, even if it is just canceled for lack of interest, they should have told me.

We received the email that they canceled the Bannister Island Excursion and was refunding the $. :( We are dissappointed but will now have to look for something else to do. We have already done cave tubing and ziplining and don't want to do that again. Anyone has any ideas?

I am also interested in visiting Bannister Island in mid-February. I noticed that Coral Breeze Tours offers an excursion there with 2 different prices. One price includes diving & beach & manatee watch...and the other is for beach & manatee watch. Has anyone used this company or been on this excursion? I was going to book through Carnival as I wanted just the beach break. If anyone see's that Carnival opens this back up, please post. :-)

After reading more on cruisecritic, I found a tour company that will do just the beach break (and more if you want it). The website is ecotoursbelize.com. If carnival does not reinstate their excursion, I will probably use this outside tour company. The prices are $35.00 for adults, and $25 for children. Their departure times are at 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00.

This kind of sucks. I guess I'll be booking thru Eco Tours. We also just want the beach. There's only a $5.00 difference. Kind of sucks to have to go to the pier first and then board for the trip to Bannister.

Oh well, I'm noticing the tour is only 4 hrs long. They stop at the beach first and then whoever wants to snorkel gets fitted and head over to the snorkel spot.

Hopefully we'll get at least 3 hrs of beach time.

Below is the email we received:

Dear Guest,

We are sorry to inform you, we have just been notified by the Tour Operator, their excursion, Bannister Island Beach Break, is currently closed for island renovations and not scheduled to re-open until sometime in November, and therefore will not be available for your upcoming sailing.

You will find you will have been refunded in full for any Bannister Island Beach Break tickets already booked. Please allow 5-7 business days for the credit to be reflected back to your original credit card used account.

Please re-visit Carnival.com at your convenience to choose another Belizeselection. May we suggest Barrier Reef Snorkel with Beach Break as a fun alternative?

How can the other tour groups offer this as an excursion if they are closed for renovations?

Any suggestions on what else to do , we are so disappointed

book bannister through coralbreeze tours. just spoke to their representative and was informed Carnival is trying to buy half the island. tour is still a go for our upcoming cruise and trip to Banister next week!

We are still considering which tours to book for our upcoming cruise...our two top picks are Lamanai and the cave tubing...Not sure is bannister island is nice, but it seems some of my other ports, like cozumel, are better beach break spots.

have you already been to the ruins? If so, can you give me some feedback. How did you book, and which ruins did you see?

Our last trip to Belize was some years ago. The Ruins we went to I forget the name. I want to say Altun Ha, but not sure It was booked thru Carnival. Forget the name of the excursion.

It was 79.00 per person I believe. It was a 2 hr bus ride. During the ride we were given a narrative on Belize. Once off the bus. We got into a powerboat and that was nice. Saw monkeys, a crocodile and different species of birds.

Finally arrived and were given a Belizean lunch, which consisted of chicken, rice and some other offerings. There was also a Museum on the Ruins at the site. After that, our tour guide walked us thru the jungle. The Ruins were something to see. We had nothing to compare it to, so we were amazed. Monkeys jumping from tree to tree over our heads. Different critters on the ground. I had on sandals. Recommend hiking boots.

It rained a little which made the limestone very slippery. Had to use the buddy system and hold hands with others so no one would fall. Terrain was very uneven in some spots.

After touring the Ruins we headed back, same way we came.

It was a nice trip.

If anyone has been on this trip, please let the OP know which ruins we were looking at.

From what I'm reading here on the boards, Lamanai Ruins is very impressive. You'll enjoy your day whichever Ruins you choose.

I just wanted a Carnival excursion. Because we were so far away from the ship and I knew they wouldn't leave without us if something happened. It gave me a peace of mind.

Hubby is thinking about staying on the ship. He doesn't want to travel to see any more Ruins. He said the bus ride was too long for him.which is why I was banking on Bannister Island. We love the beach and like our drinks. I for one don't want to stay on the ship.

Will give Coral Breezes a try.

book bannister through coralbreeze tours. just spoke to their representative and was informed Carnival is trying to buy half the island. tour is still a go for our upcoming cruise and trip to Banister next week!

We are also on the 925/2010 cruise out of Nola. Just found out Carnival did cancel out beach break thru them.

We are also on the 925/2010 cruise out of Nola. Just found out Carnival did cancel out beach break thru them.

Coral breezes sent us an email that we were the only one that had booked and they couldn't do the tour for just us. They told us that we were the only 4 people booked on it. After we called last night to confirm after we read about Carnival cancelling their excursion. Very disappointing. Now we are looking at doing the ruins at Altun Ha with the river boat ride (through the ship).

Coral breezes sent us an email that we were the only one that had booked and they couldn't do the tour for just us. They told us that we were the only 4 people booked on it. After we called last night to confirm after we read about Carnival cancelling their excursion. Very disappointing. Now we are looking at doing the ruins at Altun Ha with the river boat ride (through the ship).

Carnival did not notify me about the cancelation. I noticed on my charge card that the money was put back on it. Called them and they said that whomever they had a contract with in Belize had canceled them. I tried to look up Bannister Island on the interenet and it would not pull up. Which is strange as I have looked at there site before.:cool:

I'm looking at Coral Breezes. They want you to pay up front with a credit card. Really did not want to do that, for fear of bad weather.

Would prefer to pay upon arrival. :rolleyes:

Since I saw there was another storm called 95, I am hesitant about booking a excursion and especially paying ahead of time. They are showing if it turns into something, it might head our way. I am keeping my fingers crossed it will just go away. I also will check on arrival.

Myself I trust Carnival with this one .Im disappointed too but why would I book through an independant tour operator and have to dispute charges on my cc and fight the charges.

Do you think Carnival would not love to take all of our money for this excursion?

Thats whats great about cruise critic everyone was warned and now have to make your chioces .

GL Mike

Archived