Radiance, Suites and Teens????

You and the teens will have "reserved" seating for shows and perhaps, around the pool area. (I doubt teens will be too impressed with the pool seating, unless all the "hot bodies" are in suites along with you!..Teens will go where the opposite sex is!)

They can use the concierge lounge until "cocktail" hours,....at that point, they must be of drinking age.

Thanks,

I've taken them on Carnival before. And they love Carnival, but wanted something different this year.

This time, I think they will appreciate concierge service (they are older). But one of the reps I spoke with said things like "the concierge will schedule their rock climbing time" so they don't have to wait in line. Since this part is not in writing on their website, I am hoping someone who has been can confirm that.

To me, that really is the only benefit a teenager will appreciate. Now I just want to see if it is true. I've dealt with many customer service reps over the years, and sometimes they embellish a bit. That's why I want to see if anyone has had this perk.

Thanks,

I've taken them on Carnival before. And they love Carnival, but wanted something different this year.

This time, I think they will appreciate concierge service (they are older). But one of the reps I spoke with said things like "the concierge will schedule their rock climbing time" so they don't have to wait in line. Since this part is not in writing on their website, I am hoping someone who has been can confirm that.

To me, that really is the only benefit a teenager will appreciate. Now I just want to see if it is true. I've dealt with many customer service reps over the years, and sometimes they embellish a bit. That's why I want to see if anyone has had this perk.

Good luck with that:eek:I have no ideas where some of these reps come off with stuff like that:rolleyes:....in all honesty if you are expecting things like that you are most likely setting yourself up for a disappointment;) I would lower the bar a bit on the suite perks for teens....there simply aren't many they will appreciate....best suite perk is the CL for evening cocktails...and they can't even enter the CL during that time.

Book a suite for the SUITE itself....if you are booking for the PERKS then I think you will be disappointed...especially on Radiance class.

Good luck with that:eek:I have no ideas where some of these reps come off with stuff like that:rolleyes:....in all honesty if you are expecting things like that you are most likely setting yourself up for a disappointment;) I would lower the bar a bit on the suite perks for teens....there simply aren't many they will appreciate....best suite perk is the CL for evening cocktails...and they can't even enter the CL during that time.

Book a suite for the SUITE itself....if you are booking for the PERKS then I think you will be disappointed...especially on Radiance class.

You got it! RCI has the lamest SuitePerks of any cruise line..but we still enjoy cruising with them . The RFS are a good size for us, has 2 bathrooms and we can all be together. The perks are not an issue for us...and some RCI ships do not even have a concierge...I know Grandeur just added on in late spring or early summer..

Radiance class does no have reserved pool seating, either.

Thanks everyone. This helps alot. I actually booked it for the room size and the location, but perks are always a plus.

That's why i asked about the scheduling for rock climbing,,, I thought that sounded too good to be true, but if it is available, what a perk!!

If I ever get a written reply from RCCL about this matter, I will post it for all of you who have teens. I believe in things in writing, it's the only way to guarantee things from the cruiselines.

Thanks everyone. This helps alot. I actually booked it for the room size and the location, but perks are always a plus.

That's why i asked about the scheduling for rock climbing,,, I thought that sounded too good to be true, but if it is available, what a perk!!

If I ever get a written reply from RCCL about this matter, I will post it for all of you who have teens. I believe in things in writing, it's the only way to guarantee things from the cruiselines.

YOu have to get lucky with the reps...we once last-minute booked a cruise, a site was available...the rep gave me the whole list of the Concierge benefits, etc...

but the ship did not even have concierge services!

Oh well...

If the size is right, that is what counts! And we always get treats, champagne and flowers...

• 3 weeks later...

Patience and persistence is worth so much. I finally got a response in writing from RCCL about concierge perks for my teens!!!!

Since I am booked in a GS, the concierge will book my teens times for rock climbing on the ship instead of them waiting in line.

For those of you who have teens, this may be the swaying factor for a balcony or jr suite vs Grand, owner's or penthouse suites.

Believe me, I am printing this response and taking it with me. My teens will be so happy when I tell them this great news.

Thanks for all of everyone's help.

Oh, by the way, there are a lot of perks most people do not know about on the ship. Did you know, you can arrange true private and unique excursions that are not offered to others. You can create what you want, not the cookie cutter excursions... but it will cost. RCCL will arrange everything you want to your specifications.

An example of unusual possibilities:

Take a helicopter ride from Costa Maya to Kuhanlich to be able to check out the bio reserve in Campeche state. This will enable you to enjoy the ruins for a longer period of time, and, since it is booked through RCCL, they know where you are and have accommodated for your time needed to return prior to embarkatin from the port.

Namaste,

Deborah

Patience and persistence is worth so much. I finally got a response in writing from RCCL about concierge perks for my teens!!!!

Since I am booked in a GS, the concierge will book my teens times for rock climbing on the ship instead of them waiting in line.

For those of you who have teens, this may be the swaying factor for a balcony or jr suite vs Grand, owner's or penthouse suites.

Believe me, I am printing this response and taking it with me. My teens will be so happy when I tell them this great news.

Oh, by the way, there are a lot of perks most people do not know about on the ship. Did you know, you can arrange true private and unique excursions that are not offered to others. You can create what you want, not the cookie cutter excursions... but it will cost. RCCL will arrange everything you want to your specifications.

Take a helicopter ride from Costa Maya to Kuhanlich to be able to check out the bio reserve in Campeche state. This will enable you to enjoy the ruins for a longer period of time, and, since it is booked through RCCL, they know where you are and have accommodated for your time needed to return prior to embarkatin from the port.

Namaste,

Deborah

Can you e-mail me a copy of the perks? We are going in June, would love to see it and have it in hand!

My e-mail is zztopdoc@yahoo.com

Thnaks!

KAt

I sent you an email about this. I hope it does not get stuck in your spam folder since it is a forwarded email.

I also sent you some ideas of how to ask specific questions for your cruise to know the detailed answers. Since this email was specific to my requests.

Namaste,

Deborah

For those that have stayed in the GS's on Radiance, what perks with the concierge staff and just perks in general, help teenagers? I want to make sure they get the benefit of this just as much as me.

All info is welcome.

Thanks.

VIP boarding and open bar for a few hours is worth every penny. The first time you walk right past the sea of humanity in the regular boarding lines you'll never get anything less than a suite again.

Not that your teens can take advantage of booze in the C- Lounge but they probably want an excuse to get away from the parents anyway.

Or maybe you want to get away from them?:)

I sent you an email about this. I hope it does not get stuck in your spam folder since it is a forwarded email.

I also sent you some ideas of how to ask specific questions for your cruise to know the detailed answers. Since this email was specific to my requests.

Namaste,

Deborah

I got it, thank you! We have always used suites, but RCI seems to be the one cruise line that has 17 different answers from 17 different people...

I appreciate your help!

Have a sparkling day!

Kat

Hi first time i have posted anything on here so hopefully i am doing it correctly, we are doing our first cruise and will be stating in the royal family suite with our children, would you be able to email me the list of perks as well so we can share in the excitment,

my email is marie.collier@virgin.net

many thanks in advance

For those of you who have teens, this may be the swaying factor for a balcony or jr suite vs Grand, owner's or penthouse suites.Deborah

Thanx, but my teen can wait in line with the rest of the riff raff.:eek:

I only hope that his personal valet, chauffer, and butler back home do not find out about this.

Namaste,

Deborah

I am going on the EOS in Jan. First time in GS. Can you please email me the perks?

My email is cc31063@hotmail.com

Thanks

Carolyn

I am laughing when I am reading this...when my 3 sons were teens they would have died, if they would of had the rock climbing wall prebooked..part of the fun is waiting in line and meeting new people, one doesn't make friends when they move to the front of the line, while everyone else is waiting.

However, extra snacks in the CL and cabin, were a BIG,BIG HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get too excited...things often change once on board,even if you have it in writing, better to expect less and be pleasantly surprised.

Often things that are so important to us...don't even register with our children.

Have a wonderful cruise, you'll love the GS...and the Radiance is one beautiful ship.

I'm going to have to agree with land lover. I don't think too many people/teens would want to just walk up and basically "cut" in front of people. Unless they are major snobs.

Part of the fun is watching other people go and talking with the people next to you in line. I have met a lot of nice people that way. Plus, your teens will most likely be hanging out with teens they meet om board and probably won't want to "cut" in line while their buddies wait.

I am laughing when I am reading this...when my 3 sons were teens they would have died, if they would of had the rock climbing wall prebooked..part of the fun is waiting in line and meeting new people, one doesn't make friends when they move to the front of the line, while everyone else is waiting.

Thank you.

I was wondering if I was the only sane person left on this board.

I was amazed. Taking teens on a cruise and the big concern is seeing that they can butt up in the line at the rock climbing wall?:eek:

We booked a JS on the EoS some time ago, and I have been considering upgrading to a GS.

You have swayed me.

We will not be upgrading.

We booked a JS on the EoS some time ago, and I have been considering upgrading to a GS.

You have swayed me.

We will not be upgrading.

Now, I am really laughing...

I am sure the OP is very excited and wants her teens to get the best bang for her buck.

No harm in that.

Thank you.

I was wondering if I was the only sane person left on this board.

I was amazed. Taking teens on a cruise and the big concern is seeing that they can butt up in the line at the rock climbing wall?:eek:

Well If you could afford a GS would you want to have the opportunity to rub it in everyones faces?

Archived