Luggage Express??

Beach Mama3

Does anyone know if Carnival offers this? After we dis-embark, our flight back to Toronto does not leave until 4:00. I want to do some shopping in Miami!! It would be fantastic if there was a way to get my luggage to the airport so we don't have to carry it around all day? Has anyone heard of on option like this?:confused:

Does anyone know if Carnival offers this? After we dis-embark, our flight back to Toronto does not leave until 4:00. I want to do some shopping in Miami!! It would be fantastic if there was a way to get my luggage to the airport so we don't have to carry it around all day? Has anyone heard of on option like this?:confused:

We were on the Dream last week out of Port Canaveral and they did offer luggage express. The best $20.00/pp we've ever spent!

Thanks for this! We are sailing the Liberty so I will look into that.

Did you arrange this on the ship or through the Carnival website?

This is Carnival's information regarding the Luggage Express program:

Luggage Express

Carnival’s On-Board Check-in Program

Carnival is offering a convenient airline and luggage check-in service to our guests at select ports and/or ships. Currently, this service is being offered:

PORTS

SHIPS

Port Canaveral

Dream

Port Everglades

Freedom / Miracle

Miami

Liberty / Valor / Destiny / Imagination / Glory

Tampa

Legend

San Juan

Victory

San Diego

Spirit

Seattle

Spirit

Rather than check in at the airport for the return flight, eligible guests may choose to participate for just a nominal fee of $20 per person in addition to baggage fees that may be required by the specific airline for checked luggage. Guests will receive both their airline boarding passes and their luggage tags while they are enjoying their vacation at sea. Better yet, they will only need to place their checked luggage outside of their stateroom and will not touch it again until they claim it at their final destination.

• Only a maximum of two bags per guests can be checked-in.

· Applicable on most major domestic airlines – guest will need to check on board for participating airlines as they are subject to change.

• Applicable to:

o U.S. Citizens and Canadian Citizens with proper travel documentation; if flying to Canada, a valid passport is required.

o U.S Alien Residents with an Alien Registration Card.

o International Guests with proper travel documentation traveling to a U.S airport or Canadian airport destination.

• Flight/s must be on a participating airline, departing from the airport on the same day of debarkation to a U.S airport or Canadian airport destination.

Early in the cruise, eligible guests will receive an invitation to participate in this program. The guest must complete the registration form and sign it to authorize the fees to be charged to their Sail & Sign account and then drop it off at the Guest Services Desk. The day prior to debarkation, airline boarding passes, luggage tags along with a letter are delivered to the stateroom. Guests place the tags on the luggage that will be checked in and then place it outside their stateroom for collection. On debarkation day, participants may debark at their convenience.

The luggage will be transferred from the ship to the corresponding airline and flight. Guests must claim their bags upon flight arrival at their final destination. If there are any delays or problems with their luggage, guests need to contact the airline to report any problems.

:)

Thanks for this! We are sailing the Liberty so I will look into that.

Did you arrange this on the ship or through the Carnival website?

You arrange it on the ship. They will have info about it in your cabin mid-week. It is well worth the money.

Is there a way to find out what the participating airlines are?

Last week on the dream this was the information:

The participating airlines are American Airlines, Delta, AirTran, Continental Airlines, US Airways, United, Southwest, NWA, JetBlue, Air Canada and Alaska Airlines. You must be flying out of Orlando on the same day as debarkation in the case of Southwest, by 8PM. If you have a connection, it must have the same Airline and Booking Locator Number and only domestic flights qualify. The $20 includes priority debarkation. They take your luggage Friday night, deliver your boarding passes and valet tags Friday night and your luggage is sent directly to your final destination airport.

There was a communications problem when the tags arrived in our stateroom on Friday night .. they showed the luggage going on the first flight but not the connecting flight. I sent Hubby down to the guest services desk where there were a LOT of people with the same question. Turns out that is just the CCL tag and it was replaced with the correct tags at the airport.

Luggage Express is Fantastic!! I used it when I returned from the Legend, and my flight had to be switched, as the plane I was going to leave on broke down. So called Delta, they moved my flight, and walAA...my bags were in South Bend airport when I got there.

Thank you Carnival and Delta

Melanie

• 3 months later...

Thank you Kathy for the list of Airlines participating. That is just what I was looking for.

Name of the game, everyone has their own opinions and ways to spend their money. Another $20 per person for freedom and ability to continue their vacation unencumbered with luggage is the best value for us.

Bon Voyage

Was on the Glory Dec12 to 19 2010 Had what they called keyhole knee surgery 9 days before the cruise was glad for luggage Express while on the cruise the knee kept going out and had to use a wheel chair to depart the ship and at the the airport:eek:.

Would have been pure H*ll if was not for the luggage express trying to depart the ship.

I know that we should have cancel had everything paided for and had to cancel the year before. And the Docs said that it was ok to go if I wore a knee brace (which fell apart the day before the cruise) and a cane:rolleyes::o

Paul

We're sailing on the Glory out of Miami, but flying in and out of Fr. Lauderdale on Southwest. Does anyone know if luggage express is still an option since we aren't flying out of Miami? Would be nice since our flight leaves late in the evening.

We're sailing on the Glory out of Miami, but flying in and out of Fr. Lauderdale on Southwest. Does anyone know if luggage express is still an option since we aren't flying out of Miami? Would be nice since our flight leaves late in the evening.

You can use it out of Ft. Lauderdale, but I do believe that Southwest is a particpating airline for Luggage Express.

We too have used this service and loved it. Esp in San Juan since they took care of the agricultural inspection. Do have a question. On Legend, does it matter what time your outgoing is? Ours is 11:50 a.m. I think I remember your flight had to be after noon. Anyone know for sure?

Libtrek

Archived