Dream Questions on Tea Time and Lobster Night

Guienevere_Arianette

I've looked through the new funtimes and noticed the format is different; I apologize in advance if I've skipped over this answer already.

First of all, I see for the Eastern itin there are two elegant nights: one on a port day (odd) for the Captain's Celebration and the other on Thursday, a sea day...which is the evening that they serve lobster and people put on their ballgowns? It seems odd to get all dressed up after being in Nassau all day, but...

Secondly, I don't see any times for tea...you know, with the yummy sandwiches and petit fours and servers in black tie...is this no longer available?

I sailed the Dream this past June and do not recall a tea time. There is a Past Guest party, invitation only, where its an hour event and there is free cocktails & appetizers. Other than that, there is a Captain's Party where drinks are a $1 off and a few appetizers. Lobster is served on one of the Formal Nights. And no, a person does NOT have to wear a ball gown or tuxedo for that dinner. A classy dress for women is acceptable, men with suit pants, dress shirt & tie is acceptable.

Thanks Jenn...I'm heartbroken there is no tea time. I wonder if this is fleetwide or just on the Dream? I'm already sad they don't have the fish and chips area!

I am excited to put on my ballgown; I just don't want to waste it on the wrong night. I have a cocktail dress for one elegant night and my fancier dress for the other elegant night...I'm used to the Captain's dinner being the formal night, with lobster, so it made it easy to plan what to wear...now I don't know what to do...

Oh don't worry, the first "formal night" IS Captain's Night where lobster is served. It will be mentioned in your Fun Times as well. You will still have a great time on the Dream. I'm already going again this coming June, I loved it that much! The Dream has wonderful new additions that I am sure you will grow to love.

We were on the Dream in June and there was a tea time on both sea days, in the afternoon. It was held in one of the dining rooms, the mid-ship one, I think. My DD loves these, so we always try to go to at least one of them. The Dream's was very nicely done.

We found it in the Fun Times, but since the format was different than the Capers, we did find it harder to spot than in the past.

• 8 months later...

In Jan. the tea times were on Sea Days only around 3pm. Practically the same for most of the ships or at least the ones I've been on. I missed them this last, but my friend went. I slept through them napping on our balcony.:D

The lobster is typcially served on the FIRST elegant evening (typically captain's welcome aboard night....) and tea time is on sea days only - 3 pm - in the dining room (check the fun times for exact location!) :D

We were going to eat at the Steakhouse on the Dream on Thursday night. I just wanted to double check to make sure that's not lobster night. Can anyone verify? Thanks much.

Lobster night is Sunday. It doesn't matter if it's an Eastern or Western cruise. You won't miss much in the MDR on the second cruise elegant night, (Thursday) believe me.

Just an afterthought, if you go to the Steak House the first night, a bottle of wine is given free with dinner. It's not the best, but it was ok.

OP,

Tea is definitely served on Dream. I think it's served about 3PM in the Scarlett Dining room. Look for the info in the fun times or whatever the paper is called. We love the Dream and can't wait to go again!

Lobster night is Sunday. It doesn't matter if it's an Eastern or Western cruise. You won't miss much in the MDR on the second cruise elegant night, (Thursday) believe me.

Just an afterthought, if you go to the Steak House the first night, a bottle of wine is given free with dinner. It's not the best, but it was ok.

OP,

Tea is definitely served on Dream. I think it's served about 3PM in the Scarlett Dining room. Look for the info in the fun times or whatever the paper is called. We love the Dream and can't wait to go again!

That is great information about the steak house and the wine! I had no idea. I would definately do that but we're getting married the first day and our group will want to dine together with our group in the MDR the first night. I will absolutely use that tip in the the future.

Agree with previous posters, Tea Time is only on sea days. We try to attend at least one Tea Time, it is wonderful. I'm not a tea person but go for the great desserts, especially the little scones, mouth watering. They serve little tea sandwiches but I fill my plate with scones, fresh, huge, strawberries with big dollops of real whipped cream. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on the Dream in August....how do we book a tea? Can we do it prior to boarding? I would love to book a tea time just don't know how.

Also how do we get info on the maritini or wine tastings on board? I realize that they are probably in the Fun Times for that day but how do we book them in advance. Do we talk to Guest Services onboard and book what is available for the week?

We are going on the Dream in August....how do we book a tea? Can we do it prior to boarding? I would love to book a tea time just don't know how.

Also how do we get info on the maritini or wine tastings on board? I realize that they are probably in the Fun Times for that day but how do we book them in advance. Do we talk to Guest Services onboard and book what is available for the week?

No need to book the martini tasting and pretty sure you wouldn't have to book the tea time - just show up... Not sure if they have the wine tasting.

You dont have to book tea time, just show up. I love tea time.

Wine and martini tastings are listed in the FTs, you just have to spot them. I think times and places for these vary per ship. I only like sweet wine so the wine tasting on the ship arent for me. But I try and do the martini tastings. My favorite was a french 75 I think thats what it was called.

You dont have to book tea time, just show up. I love tea time.

Wine and martini tastings are listed in the FTs, you just have to spot them. I think times and places for these vary per ship. I only like sweet wine so the wine tasting on the ship arent for me. But I try and do the martini tastings. My favorite was a french 75 I think thats what it was called.

Thanks Echo and Kcparrothead!

I was unsure. On the Disney Dream they had a martini tasting that you paid $15 for and booked through Guest Services (they also offered Whiskey, Champagne and Wine tastings too) . It was great! 6 full size martinis and a wonderful background and history of the martini. Very cool and wanted to try it again or something similar.

So its good to know we can just show up for both tastings and teas. Looking so forward to trying them out!

We cruised the Dream from May 21st to May 28th. Tea time was on sea days and is in the fun times. I believe it was around three or three thirty. The first elegant night was Sunday and lobster was served. You can have as many as you want. It was delicious!!!!! The second elegant night (Thurs.) had prime rib. We did the Eastern itinerary. Can't wait to cruise again. Loved the Dream.

Enjoy your trip!

We were also on the 21 May cruise and can confirm the tea times.

Also about the first formal night being on a port day. Ship leaves at 2:30pm, so you have to back on board by 2pm. This gives you plenty of time to recover and get dressed up.

Reading all the things here about elegant night has me a little worried. Would I be out of place wearing a pair of dockers and a dress shirt without a tie? I don't want to be under dressed but would like to be comfortable. We are going on our first cruise on the Dream in Oct and there is so much information on here it is almost overwhelming.

I have all of the Fun Times, will look it up tomorrow.

Thank you so much!!!

Reading all the things here about elegant night has me a little worried. Would I be out of place wearing a pair of dockers and a dress shirt without a tie? I don't want to be under dressed but would like to be comfortable. We are going on our first cruise on the Dream in Oct and there is so much information on here it is almost overwhelming.

That's what my husband wears these days. You won't be underdressed!

Archived