Samana tender?????

delphina1

That boat on the right to Cayo should be called chaos - only the first row or so of people can get on with ease. As it weighs down with people the whole dang boat bobs up and down ----- by feet!

They want you to jump into the boat. I was terrified! Could not do it. Wonder if I had, how the bejesus they would have gotten me out cause you sure can't jump up onto the EOS's boat pad!

Please tell me EOS does NOT use life boats as tender for Samana:eek:

Why are you concerned about a procedure that most cruise ships use when they call at a port where they cannot dock and which doesn't have its own, larger boats to ferry passengers to shore? It is not an unusual or unsafe procedure and happens on almost a daily basis in any number of ports.:)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
There's not much to see right at the pier where the tender boats will take you.

I second this. There wasn't much at Samana. A few vendors in the harbor area and just a few mostly overpriced shops. We picked up a few bottles of water and headed back to the ship. If you've never been there and want to see for yourself then by all means tender in. We felt safe there even though others had said they did not. Just not much there. Bon Voyage!

Thought I would offer you a suggestion on what to do while at Samana. Book the ships excursion to Cayo Levantado. It is a beautiful small island just off the coast and close to the ship. An incredible beach day. Plus since you are on an excursion you get to bypass the long lines for the tenders.

Guest maddycat

I agree with all of the previous posts about Samana. There isn't much to see if you decide to just walk around the area where the tenders dock. There will be many locals trying to sell tours. If you take a short, 5 - 10 minute walk there is an open air market. It was very disappointing. Table after table displayed the same merchandise. Almost everything imported from China. No local crafts at all.

A word about the tenders. Most do not have roofs. They go quite fast and passengers who sit along the sides of the boat end up getting very wet.

That boat on the right to Cayo should be called chaos - only the first row or so of people can get on with ease. As it weighs down with people the whole dang boat bobs up and down ----- by feet!

They want you to jump into the boat. I was terrified! Could not do it. Wonder if I had, how the bejesus they would have gotten me out cause you sure can't jump up onto the EOS's boat pad!

Thought I would offer you a suggestion on what to do while at Samana. Book the ships excursion to Cayo Levantado. It is a beautiful small island just off the coast and close to the ship. An incredible beach day. Plus since you are on an excursion you get to bypass the long lines for the tenders.

Be careful of booking the beach excursion unless you know you can jump down into the boat that will take you to the beach. I've heard this from several folks who booked this one-they couldn't get into the boat. That's why I haven't booked this-I know I can't jump down into a boat!

Archived