Thoughts on Cruising in February?!?!?!

lilybug23

We cruised this past Feb, the last week, on the Dream. They made an announcement that the week before (President's week) there were a 1000 kids onboard.........so either the week before or the week after, but not the week of President's bday holiday.

We are cruising Miracle, Southern Itin, in Janauary and I can't wait, it's going to be awesome! Miracle consistently gets positive reviews and the itin is great!

We sailed this past February the first week, we set sail on Superbowl weekend out of Miami (try getting a hotel room that weekend).

Not many kids or college kids onboard since spring breaks didn't start until the week after and we had the benefit of watching the Superbowl on our sea day.

There's kids on board cruise ships??? Just kidding, but I really don't see the big deal about kids. Maybe if they do a cannonball right in front of you in the pool. Other than that, if they're not my kids, I don't care.

Now if you want to talk annoying, how about drunk adults, or a bunch of drunk adults, or rude passengers or annoying passengers. That's what gets me going. But hey, what ever makes you happy, enjoy!

Our favorite month to cruise to the Caribbean is May (all the spring breakers are back in school). We sailed on the Dream this year in April and the very cold weather we had in Florida this past winter carried right thru to the end of April. It was so windy and cool on deck, there was plenty of deck chairs available and hot tubs were vacant. As we sailed further south, the air warmed up a bit but we had lots of rain. We booked a snorkeling excursion in St. Thomas and I have to admit the water was chilly, did not enjoy snorkeling because I was shivering too much. People sailing from colder States might find it exhilirating but the Floridians in our group were freezing. I spent the least amount of time on the open decks of any cruise I have gone on. Hopefully, this coming winter will be more normal weatherwise for Florida, the Bahamas, etc.

OP said he had a future cruise cert. Can you use that when you book with an online TA?

I was able to book my Milestones 25% off, and my 50% off from flood in cabin, plus my ubiquitious Interline rate from both online TA, and Carnival, just have to fax each, tho CCL issued it orig. but one dept dosent talk to the other one:confused:.What they requie is the # on the page of the letter/information. Have to do it every time I book I'line..and CCL manages to loose it, so I have done the same thing 4 times in 2 months!!! I really love my online man!

I was able to book my Milestones 25% off, and my 50% off from flood in cabin, plus my ubiquitious Interline rate from both online TA, and Carnival, just have to fax each, tho CCL issued it orig. but one dept dosent talk to the other one:confused:.What they requie is the # on the page of the letter/information. Have to do it every time I book I'line..and CCL manages to loose it, so I have done the same thing 4 times in 2 months!!! I really love my online man!

Cool, thanks so much for letting me know. I let my wife know that we could use the FCC with online TA and she was happy to know that we won't have to have an inside room ;)

How are the water temperatures in the Caribbean in January?? When we cruise, we usually go to the beach at the ports and spend most of the day in the water. Thanks! :)

Karen

Absolutely beautiful. The only area that would not be too warm would be Nassau.

I like bath water for swimming/snorkeling and we have never missed a beach :)

You will love cruising and swimming in January

This past winter was an odd one all over Florida and the Caribbean. Her'es hoping this winter is more normal. :D

AMEN.....I can not take another cold winter like last one; my poor Banana Tree did not make it :(

I have sailed seven cruises in the last seven Februarys. Why? Cause I live in Michigan and it's cold and snowy and even a cold Florida is very warm compared to Michigan in February! You will have lots of us northern people on your ships and Canadians as well that time of year. I've never noticed alot of children on any of the ships (and I would notice), I have noticed that the longer the cruise the fewer kids but also more senior citizens. I think because the 8 day cruises are odd days many people working cannot take off so much time and you see more retired people but also less kids. The Miracle has two great 8 days sailings going on right now, we are on the Feb 23rd sailing.

This past Jan we left for our first cruise to the Western Caribbean, out of Galveston. It was perfect. A little chilly the first day but by the next morning it was warmish and we were in the hot tub!!

The weather in Jamaica was 80 degrees so we were good there. It was a bit cooler in Grand C., about 77. Same for Cozumel, but it rained a bit there, making us feel chilly.

We loved it do much we're doing it again, leaving Super Bowl Sunday!

We were on the Glory in Feb. We did the Eastern cruise. Although Miami was a little cooler than we thought it would be, the ports were beautiful. In fact San Juan was way too hot for me.

I am Canadian though and when we left it was -22F or -30C so anything seemed warm.

For Dec-March, book cruise out of Ft lauderdale or Miami. That way you wont loose 2 days (1st and last) on deck due to cold weather. Unless a freak artic front moves through. It will be warm in Fla and off coast that time of yr.

My DH and I purchased a future cruise certificate on our first cruise we took back in July on the Dream. I cannot wait to go again. We would like to go when there are not so many children on the ship. We would like to do an Eastern itenerary. Does anyone have any suggestions on which ship would be best or any insite into cruising in Feb?

Just stay away from Feb. 19 - 27, 2011 if you don't want to many kids around. Schools here in New York and New Jersey get winter break that week.... We love cruising that week and getting out of the cold!

Just stay away from Feb. 19 - 27, 2011 if you don't want to many kids around. Schools here in New York and New Jersey get winter break that week.... We love cruising that week and getting out of the cold!

My DH birthday is Feb. 5 so we plan on cruising that week for his bday!

My DH birthday is Feb. 5 so we plan on cruising that week for his bday!

Join us on the Freedom sailing Jan 29th - its an 8 day! San Juan, St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassau........all great Islands (with exception to Nassau)

We'll even help celebrate his birthday ;)

Join us on the Freedom sailing Jan 29th - its an 8 day! San Juan, St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassau........all great Islands (with exception to Nassau)

We'll even help celebrate his birthday ;)

I will definitely have to look into this iten. I wasnt to sure about it because it is to port intensive... but i guess we dont have to do something in every port! An 8 day would be nice.

Nassau's a great island, too. Open your horizons. :)

My horizons are open, we have been to Nassau about 15 times and it is no different to me than Miami or any other Florida beach town......Just my honest opinion

I will definitely have to look into this iten. I wasnt to sure about it because it is to port intensive... but i guess we dont have to do something in every port! An 8 day would be nice.

There are two days at Sea on this trip and we do not get into San Juan until 5:00 pm; so that is another sea day really.

Antigua, St Thomas and Tortola are beautiful Islands and are worth getting off the ship :)

We had those kids on our ship this past Feb! While there were quite a few, it wasn't too bad even still. We enjoy going in Feb, it breaks up the miserable winter (for me) and a getaway from all the snow and cold in IA for a week or so.

We are booked on the Inspiration on Feb 12th. :) I can't wait!

We have always cruised in February - we are from Northern Ontario and want to get away from -30 and 5 feet of snow and Feb is always a blah month for me. We are doing a b2b on the Freedom out of Ft L - Eastern Caribbean Feb 20th and Western Caribben Feb 26th. I have never been on that ship but have done Eastern C in the past and enjoyed it. The Eastern ports for Feb 20th (6 day) are Key West - Grand Cayman - Ocho Rios, The Western ports for Feb 26th (8 day) are San Jaun - St Thomas - Antigua - Tortola - Nassau. Good luck and happy cruising.

Feb 20th is Mid Winter break for schools

My DH and I purchased a future cruise certificate on our first cruise we took back in July on the Dream. I cannot wait to go again. We would like to go when there are not so many children on the ship. We would like to do an Eastern itenerary. Does anyone have any suggestions on which ship would be best or any insite into cruising in Feb?

I did the Eastern Cruise to Key West, and the Bahamas. If you don't want to do any water excursions, you will be fine. It was really too cool to be in the water. I went snorkeling and rented a wet suit in Key West, and still only two people stayed in the water more than five minutes. We went to the beach in the Bahamas, but just walked around. I would suggest going later or maybe in Oct.

The past 2 years, we have cruised in feb...either Eastern or Western Caribbean and the weather was way too cool for us. On our last Feb cruise (Triumph) we never were able to put our bathing suits on....even Cozumel was too cold. :(

SO...because we absolutely NEED a Jan/Feb or March cruise to escape our horrid winters up here, we decided to do a southern Caribbean itinerary this time. That should be a bit warmer.

If I were you, I'd look into that....

Archived