EPIC..Blue Man Group.."Twinkie girl" question

maja

On our Epic cruise of 9/4, they CD hosted a meet and greet with the Blue Man Group.

The performers indicated that each night the assignment to pick a guest was a group decision based on a "feel"for the participants reactions and cooperation. They search the audience and are communicating with each other, the band will also signify their choice by raising the music volume when they see someone they approve.

They said it just a intuitive thing to pick a guest, no science involved

I don't know the specifics of HOW they choose, but as cowboygene says, it's a dynamic process that happens in real time. I've seen BMG 3-4 times, and each time the twinkie girl seems to have been in her late 20's or early 30's, happy and having a good time, but not TOO good of a time. They need someone who will be "involved" and comfortable, but won't be the center of attention and overwhelm the performers by being too wild.

I've seen BMG twice and they picked a 50ish woman one time and one who seemed older the second time. Both "tried" to ignore the man looking through their section of the crowd.

Then we CLEARLY do not know the science behind this. :p

When I saw the show, the woman they picked was really putting up a struggle NOT to get up on the stage. She went up no matter & she did a great job. She was probably in her 40's.

I do think that SIZE might be a factor since she has to put on one of those blue outfits.

When I saw the show, the woman they picked was really putting up a struggle NOT to get up on the stage. She went up no matter & she did a great job. She was probably in her 40's.

I do think that SIZE might be a factor since she has to put on one of those blue outfits.

Not sure about the "size" thing because the lady from our show was probably about late 40's and kind of on the "heavy" side. She was great though. She played along and was hilarious!

In our show one of the blue men almost started laughing during the part of that scene when he had the vacuum cleaner. My god that was funny. I had seen that whole thing before, but the reaction of the "twinkie woman" (almost fell off the chair laughing) and the crowd almost made the guy lose it. We asked him about it in the meet and greet and he admitted he was THAT close. :)

By the way, I edited my comment so I didn't tell Maja exactly the part I means. Kim, you probably know.

In our show one of the blue men almost started laughing during the part of that scene when he had the vacuum cleaner. My god that was funny. I had seen that whole thing before, but the reaction of the "twinkie woman" (almost fell off the chair laughing) and the crowd almost made the guy lose it. We asked him about it in the meet and greet and he admitted he was THAT close. :)

By the way, I edited my comment so I didn't tell Maja exactly the part I means. Kim, you probably know.

But, I'm a NESS....you're supposed to be there for me:p

OMG... that was hilarious! I applaud the Blue Men for being able to hold it together in times like that.

Okay, somebody, tell us the secret.

I read they tell how they pick the "twinkie girl" during the "Meet the Blue Man Group".

(I want to make sure it's not going to be me!):p

I always thought she was a plant!!! Both times I've seen them (not on the Epic) it was always some 20 something blonde thing and she did pretty much the same thing.

Now that I remember, I swear they almost picked me once. The guy kept crawling closer and closer with that intense stare they have, and then suddenly he left. Everyone in my group (around 50) told me they thought for sure he was going to pick me. Glad he didn't, I would have been mortified!

But I am glad to hear it's not a plant and is an actual audience member! Makes it all the more fun.

I always thought she was a plant!!! Both times I've seen them (not on the Epic) it was always some 20 something blonde thing and she did pretty much the same thing.

Now that I remember, I swear they almost picked me once. The guy kept crawling closer and closer with that intense stare they have, and then suddenly he left. Everyone in my group (around 50) told me they thought for sure he was going to pick me. Glad he didn't, I would have been mortified!

But I am glad to hear it's not a plant and is an actual audience member! Makes it all the more fun.

So funny you say that because last week on Epic I made the mistake of sitting in the aisle during the show not knowing the danger of being picked. One of the blue men came right up to me and was staring at me, but thankfully didn't pick me, I think I must of had a terrified look on my face and that's what saved me from being picked, lol! I thought I would throw up I was so scared, I don't do well in front of large crowds! :eek::o

In our show one of the blue men almost started laughing during the part of that scene when he had the vacuum cleaner...... We asked him about it in the meet and greet and he admitted he was THAT close.

I'm surprised that he talked! At the Vegas shows they don't talk at the meet and greet. We have a painting from a show and they all autographed it - by each leaving a blue kiss on it!.

Whether a twinkie is "yummy" or not is debatable. I think if you bury one in the yard for 100 years it'll still be edible when dug up. Bugs won't even land on them. lol

The "meet and greet" is done in the atrium with three of the blue men and a member of the band. They are in street clothes and answer questions. This is different than when they hang around for a few minutes after the show for pictures. It's a scheduled event later in the week.

So funny you say that because last week on Epic I made the mistake of sitting in the aisle during the show not knowing the danger of being picked. One of the blue men came right up to me and was staring at me, but thankfully didn't pick me, I think I must of had a terrified look on my face and that's what saved me from being picked, lol! I thought I would throw up I was so scared, I don't do well in front of large crowds! :eek::o

Well I don't think I would have thrown up but like you I don't do well in front of large groups! Small groups fine! But when you start getting beyond 15-20 my brain and spinal cord start to disconnect...

Thanks for explaining what a Twinkie is. The word has an entirely different meaning on this side of the pond :eek: :D :D

Carol

Whoa... I wonder what that means! Any way to allude to it without being too crass?

Archived