Balcony Question

parentsof5

Extended Balcony versus Balcony. Worth the extra cost? Benefits? How much bigger is it really? Thanks.

My sister and I got a cabin with an extended balcony. It was nice to have the extra room but can't remember what the extra cost was. Don't think it was bad though but it has been a few years so things may have changed. Good luck!!

Extended Balcony versus Balcony. Worth the extra cost? Benefits? How much bigger is it really? Thanks.

Maybe it depends on which ship your are considering.

We sailed Carnival Miracle last year. We had a regular balcony. Our new cruise friends had an extended balcony. They invited us to see it. It was quite large. Two deck chairs could have fit easily. But, and this is very important for me, the view straight down was of the top of a life boat. One of my favorite things about having a balcony is resting my chin on my arms on the railing and staring straight down at the water and the ship. I can stand like that for an hour and be happy. The view straight out is the same from both types of balconies.

Hope this helps a little.

Worth the extra cost if you have a few sea days! We had one on the Victory and we were in port every day, so we really didn't use it, it was nice and big and the view of the island sinking into the sunset every night as we were leaving port was wonderful!:D

The regular extended balconys are twice as deep. A regular balcony is 10 X 3.5 and I think the exended are 7 ft deep, a lounge chair fits.

Regular balconys have just regular upright chairs and a table.

There isnt a set extra cost.

So the extended balcony has lounge chairs and not regular upright chairs? I'll be doing a b2b on the miracle and have a extended balcony on the 2nd cruise, lounge chairs would be a nice change. I don't think our extended balcony cost anymore than a regular balcony.

The extended balconies have chairs that will recline back - they are not lounge chairs per se. You can try and bribe your cabin steward and see if he/she could bring a lounge chair from the Lido deck to your cabin. Some will, some will not.

Extended balconies on Conquest Class ships are an absolute delight! You can look over the edge and see all the way to the water. We love hanging out on them for breakfast, afternoon glasses of wine/cocktails, reading before bed, stargazing...

Extended balconies on Spirit Class ships are like the previous poster said - you look down and will see lifeboats, regardless of where you are on the ship. That being said, if you don't mind not being able to see all the way down to the water line, then by all means get an extended.

Regardless, if you have one, ENJOY!!!

Wow - thanks for the pictures! I've only had an extended balcony on a NCL. It really wasn't that much bigger than the regular balcony. My last 2 carnival cruises I had a regular balcony but with my cruise in Dec I booked an extended balcony. I can't wait and your pictures just made me more excited! Thanks!

We had an extended balcony on the Carnival Miracle, it was slightly larger had a little bit more room, we were upgraded for free so as far as cost I couldn't tell you... But the extra room was nice.

One of my favorite things about having a balcony is resting my chin on my arms on the railing and staring straight down at the water and the ship. I can stand like that for an hour and be happy. The view straight out is the same from both types of balconies.

Hope this helps a little.

I honestly couldn't agree with you more! I love that where I can lean on the railing a bit and see straight down to the water, and watch it go by... We were recently on the Oasis of the Seas, our room was high on the last passenger deck (14) and the only deck you could lean and directly view the water was deck 5, there were no balconies 'on the edge' anywhere on the ship.:eek:

Had one on the Miracle last yr on the 9th deck. It was set back. Only thing I didnt like was the excessive overhang above which made the balcony dark, didnt get any sun. Did keep rain off though. I like to see sky above. Deck above me was lido rest, overhang was about 10ft past my balcony.

Archived