Shore Excursions: Book Now Or During Cruise?

room010

We are booked on the Voyager Sydney - Beijing cruise in late Feb 2011. This will be our first Regent cruise and we can't wait! I've been looking at the shore excursion schedule on Regent's website and wonder if it's better to reserve our places now or leave it until we are underway? We are not "planners" by nature and sometimes prefer to make these decisions almost day to day depending on mood, weather, hangover, bad hair day, etc ;)

I know that Regent needs a rough idea of numbers and on the basis we aren't paying for the excursions I guess we have nothing to lose by making our choices now provided we can cancel later if necessary? At the same time I understand that excursions require a minimum number of people so obviously I don't want to bail out and force the whole thing to be cancelled due to lack of numbers. Advice from Regent Regulars please!

It's good of you to be wondering in such thoughtful and considerate ways. Makes it easy to know that you'll not be among the people who so inconsiderately drop out of an excursion at the last minute, thus often preventing others from securing a spot.

The answer to your question is YES: DO absolutely make reservations as soon as you can. You can readily cancel or change, and you're not being unfair to anyone else. Often the most desirable excursions fill up fairly quickly, so if you wait you may be disappointed.

Have a great cruise-- we love Regent (and would love to do your itinerary)!

cruise in Nov...and many were waitlisted already,,,after a few wks..was informed they were now open,,,but one listed originally,,that I wanted,,,on website was now not offered,,asked Dest.desk site if possible to get tour arranged,,,but never heard back...will check on ship,I guess....first timer on Regent so not sure of procedure to arrange tours...email again???or just wait,,,no biggie can do tour I signed up for,,but not one I wanted...:confused:

Thanks for the feedback. I've booked our places on the shore excursions we want and if we do subsequently change our minds I promise to hand our tickets in! Don't want to get off on the wrong foot on our first Regent cruise!!!

Archived