Miami Hotel Park and Cruise Question

C&THollings

Hello, I posted this on the Florida Thread with very little response.

I am looking for information on hotels in Miami that will let you Park and Cruise.

Who has secure parking? Cameras or gated?

Did you feel safe leaving your vehicle.

How was the hotel, Clean, friendly?

Did they have a shuttle to the Port?

I check the park and fly web site, but the reviews are mostly old. Any recent info would be a great help.

In march stayed at red roof inn for about 85 and included shuttle to the pier but on your own to return. Included parking in gated parking lot for week.

Only thing I did not like is shuttle to pier was 1 pm so we took cab for 30 to get there earlier.

The La Quinta East has parking included and one way shuttle to the pier. No hotels offer round trip shuttle to the pier. We stayed there and it was decent and had breakfast included also. We could probably get a cheaper hotel on Priceline or something but a lot of the hotels charge quite a bit for parking so it would not be worth it for us.

In march stayed at red roof inn for about 85 and included shuttle to the pier but on your own to return. Included parking in gated parking lot for week.

Only thing I did not like is shuttle to pier was 1 pm so we took cab for 30 to get there earlier.

I was looking a the Red Roof, it's about $99.00 that week in March. The parking is gated, I would feel much better about the vehicle.

I stayed at the La Quinta East on LeJune Ave last Dec. Got a great rate because I had signed up as a LaQuinta member.

They have free parking, free breakfast and shuttle to port. :) I caught a cab back to the hotel after the cruise, not a problem. One of the easiest park and cruise hotels I've stayed at.

It was fine to stay at and I traveled as a solo this time round. Felt perfectly safe. Got on the first shuttle was at the port by 10:30 am. Easy, easy, easy.

The parking lot does have a fence that goes around it. I didn't feel uncomfortable leaving my car there one bit.

We stayed at Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon area near the airport. I think it was $179 cruise package. Car was parked in a covered garage and there was a shuttle both ways. We just tipped the driver. Also had a hot breakfast. Would definitely stay there again.

Stay FAR away from the Doubletree Grand Biscayne Bay!!! We were there in May and had an absolutely horrible time! From the room not being ready to the A/C breaking down, I refuse to stay in that hotel! It cost us $169 to stay there overnight, park the car, and get a shuttle to the port (we got the stay comp'd as I bitched and complained up a storm). We had to get back to the hotel under our own steam.

The next time we cruise out of Miami, we'll either stay at a Marriott out at the airport or will take Cruise Connection from home.

Hello, I posted this on the Florida Thread with very little response.

I am looking for information on hotels in Miami that will let you Park and Cruise.

Who has secure parking? Cameras or gated?

Did you feel safe leaving your vehicle.

How was the hotel, Clean, friendly?

Did they have a shuttle to the Port?

I check the park and fly web site, but the reviews are mostly old. Any recent info would be a great help.

La Quinta Airport.. They have breakfast, free parking, free shuttle, use them every time we go out of Miami. Jose Bautista is the Manager of the property.. Try it out.....About $130.00 a night's stay. Evy is the desk receptionist, good person to know...

I stayed at the La Quinta East on LeJune Ave last Dec. Got a great rate because I had signed up as a LaQuinta member.

They have free parking, free breakfast and shuttle to port. :) I caught a cab back to the hotel after the cruise, not a problem. One of the easiest park and cruise hotels I've stayed at.

It was fine to stay at and I traveled as a solo this time round. Felt perfectly safe. Got on the first shuttle was at the port by 10:30 am. Easy, easy, easy.

The parking lot does have a fence that goes around it. I didn't feel uncomfortable leaving my car there one bit.

Same one I just posted on... Jump on it!!!!!!

Well, I can book the LaQuinta for $95.20 and the Red Roof for $99.00.

Both appear to have free parking and a free hot breakfast.

The Red roof everyone mentions gated parking

The LaQunita is mentioned as fenced parking.

So what is the difference between gated and fences parking? Sounds the same to me.

Well, I can book the LaQuinta for $95.20 and the Red Roof for $99.00.

Both appear to have free parking and a free hot breakfast.

The Red roof everyone mentions gated parking

The LaQunita is mentioned as fenced parking.

So what is the difference between gated and fences parking? Sounds the same to me.

I prefer the location of the La Quinta. Nicer hotel, awesome staff, better area.. gated means you are suppose to have a gate between you and the hotel, but I haven't seen it... Does red Roof have a shuttle to the port? Up to you.. Good luck and happy cruising.

We stayed at Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon area near the airport. I think it was $179 cruise package. Car was parked in a covered garage and there was a shuttle both ways. We just tipped the driver. Also had a hot breakfast. Would definitely stay there again.

Do you remember what time the shuttle to the port on embarkation day was?

I prefer the location of the La Quinta. Nicer hotel, awesome staff, better area.. gated means you are suppose to have a gate between you and the hotel, but I haven't seen it... Does red Roof have a shuttle to the port? Up to you.. Good luck and happy cruising.

Yes, both have shuttles

Red Roof: shuttle offers transportation to the Port of Miami from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm Free continental breakfast

La Quinta: enjoy shuttle service to the Port of Miami (max 4 guests per room. (does not mention the time of shuttle) Free Bright Side Breakfast

La Quinta Airport.. They have breakfast, free parking, free shuttle, use them every time we go out of Miami. Jose Bautista is the Manager of the property.. Try it out.....About $130.00 a night's stay. Evy is the desk receptionist, good person to know...

Do you recall when the shuttle is? Is there only one time slot or multiple?

Archived