freedom prices higher than liberty

icyfrost

The 8 night Eastern Caribbean on Liberty is a great deal and will be ending that itinerary on March 19, 2011..glad we booked when we did in April '10 for that sailing/cabins... so far the lowest rates I've seen to date...:D

they are the same class ship with the same layouts. The decorations will be the basic differences. Although they are making a few changes on one of them and maybe both. Freedom has always been higher than Liberty, which is due to the port of departure being closer to more people that can drive to it. Plus the combination of Disney being so close. Don't be worried at all we have done both and both are great.

Many different factors could be at play. One of which is when are you looking at? Keep in mind that after Liberty leaves DD in January she switches to a 6 & 8 day schedule.

Does anyone have a date for when Freedom is in DD? Is there an official posting that has the DD dates for both ships?

Scott

I had this same situation happen to us. We just got off the Liberty a couple of weeks ago, but I had originally booked the Freedom for the same week. I saved almost $1000 by making the switch to the Liberty, and was booked in the exact same rooms. No concern, I also believe it's the port of departure because Canaveral is easy to go in and out of and it's close to Orlando.

Nope:)....Freedom has scheduled sailings every week all thru Jan and Feb....Liberty goes in first. Freedom was actually supposed to go in this year but it got postponed.

I'm sorry. I should have used the quote function. :)

I was responding to the original question, about Freedom having higher prices than Liberty.

:)

I'm sorry. I should have used the quote function. :)

I was responding to the original question, about Freedom having higher prices than Liberty.

:)

I'll respond to you and agree.. cause I understood what you were saying..Liberty is the newer ship..;)

The 8 night Eastern Caribbean on Liberty is a great deal and will be ending that itinerary on March 19, 2011..glad we booked when we did in April '10 for that sailing/cabins... so far the lowest rates I've seen to date...:D

I also liked the 8-day too as a regular 7-day is, basically, a 6 day cruise with the 7th being a boarding day and this day depends on when you board. With this 8-day you now get a full 7-day cruise. We booked March 5th for the 8-day and can't wait.

All it really boils down to is the basic supply and demand. Freedom is close to Orlando which is a big draw for pre and post cruise activities. Also Miami and Fort Lauderdale are so close together that the competition for passengers is fierce. Thats my take on it.

Archived