Venice hotels that are easy to get to from Airport

Maureen4

Can anyone recommend some Hotels that are easy access from the airport and then to the dock from there. I saw that the Alilaguna runs to San Marco on the Blu and Rossa Line, and at the Giudecca/ San Marco stop the M runs to the dock. Are there any hotels around there?

This is very confusing.:confused:

Can anyone recommend some Hotels that are easy access from the airport and then to the dock from there. I saw that the Alilaguna runs to San Marco on the Blu and Rossa Line, and at the Giudecca/ San Marco stop the M runs to the dock. Are there any hotels around there?

This is very confusing.:confused:

The Sky Bus runs back & forth from the Airport to Piazza Roma for I think about 3 Euros. Quite a few hotels in that area.

This website has soooo much information. Check it out thoroughly.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/

We stayed at the Ca' Doge hotel right in Piazzale Roma, just because I fell in love the small quaint look of the place. Across the square is the Santa Chiara Hotel (right on the Grand Canal). I think these are the only two hotels that you don't have to cross any bridges to get to. Also close by is the Olympia and the Arlecchino, but they do have bridges to cross.

I also like tripadvisor.com for reviews. Then I contacted the hotel directly to actually book.

We also like to stay at Ca Doge which is not only convenient for the airport bus, but its also close to a major vaporetto dock (the ACTV ticket office will sell you vaporetto passes for 12,24,36,48 or 72 hours). We have actually walked from Ca Doge to the port to get our cruise...although most folks would not want to do this if they have a lot of luggage (its probably a 1/2 mile walk). But of course now there is the new people mover which is also close to Ca Doge and will take you to the port for 1 Euro.

Hank

are you asking for "easy" access because you have lots of luggage to transport or you have mobility issues?

If so, the "easiest" might be to stay by the airport. I think there's a Marriot closeby that people have recommended, then take a land taxi to the pier the next morning.

We stayed near Piazzele Roma which is the area other posters are recommending. It's very close to the pier, and is as far as taxis, cars, buses can travel. We took the blue ATVO bus (an airport express bus)from the airport to Piazzela Roma. It costs 3E, leaves twice an hr, takes 15-20 minutes, and they put your luggage in the hold. When you get off the bus you can walk 1 block or several to a nearby hotel. Most hotels have 1 bridge to cross and some 2 or 3. Agabbymama recommended hotels that have no bridges so there you go. To get to the pier from Piazzele Roma you can take the People Mover for 1E or take a taxi.

You can take the alilaguna to SMarco, and yes there are hotels closeby. Still need to walk a few blocks. Use the site that agabbymama suggested. It's a wonderful resource. With the alilaguna you would need to walk to the dock from the airport, 7-10 minutes.

You'll need to weigh the various options based on your abilities.

The Sky Bus runs back & forth from the Airport to Piazza Roma for I think about 3 Euros. Quite a few hotels in that area.

FYI If you do this you will have to haul your luggage up several areas of stairs, especially if you want to get to the public water taxis. Save yourself the trouble and get a taxi ride from behind the airport. Been there done that...I'd rather spend the money.:)

FYI If you do this you will have to haul your luggage up several areas of stairs, especially if you want to get to the public water taxis. Save yourself the trouble and get a taxi ride from behind the airport. Been there done that...I'd rather spend the money.:)

We are confused by this post. The sky bus (or airport bus) is available right outside the main terminal entrance where you simply cross one narrow street and wait on the center curb. There are no steps and that bus is very convenient. I believe that is officially called the ACTO bus and its an express direct to Piazale Roma with plenty of luggage storage underneath the bus.

If you are referring to the water taxis (these cost the big bucks) it is a nice hike from the terminal to the dock.

Hank

We have never stayed on Lido but have visited the island on several trips. There are actually some really nice hotels, resorts and small inns on the island. This island also has real cars and taxis. If you decide to stay there you should get a multi-day vaporetto pass (they sell them for 24, 36, 48 or 72 hours) because you will need to use the vaporetto to get to and from most places.

Hank

has anyone ever stayed on the LIDO before a cruise..we fly in 2 days early for a cruise in march and found a hotel with great rates and reviews and its right on the vaperetto stop?:cool:

I didn't stay on the Lido, but we sure enjoyed our day there. One thing to consider is the cost of going back and forth on the vaporetto. If you add the fare each way, times the number of people in your party, is it still a good rate for the hotel?

we are only there 2 days and jsut likespendinganovernight ona cruiseship vaperetto gets used about the same..i took it out to the lido whenonan overnight cruise 3 summers ago and fell in love with the lido...it also looks like it is fairly close to airport via the vaperetto or a water taxi..got amazing rates at the hotelvilla laguna on the lagoon with st marks across the way as a view...hope it ends up being a good choice:cool:

Archived