Favorite Celebrity Class Ship

Mr. Luckytoo

Which is your favorite Class of Celebrity Ship?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Class of Celebrity Ship?

• Century Class - (century & mercury)
    • Millenium Class - (millenium, constellation, infinity, summit)
    • Solstice Class - (solstice, equinox, eclipse)

Hi,

I have cruised on ships (Century, Millennium and Solstice) belonging to all three of the categories listed in the poll. Also, I cruised on the Horizon and Zenith back when they were new. I am going to cruise aboard the Summit later this year (mainly for its itinerary).

I voted for the Solstice. I LOVED the design and decor of this ship. Also, I really enjoyed the different dining options.

Chuck

I will say that I haven't sailed on an S class but I've sailed on Summit twice and have 2 more booked.

Right around 2000 passengers is the perfect size for me. It doesn't feel cramped and you don't feel like you're vacationing with a small town.

You won't catch me on any of the new big ships for that exact reason. I don't feel the need to travel with a small town - but that's just me.

I like the more intimate feel of the smaller ships.

If someone wants to pay for me to sail on an S class, I'd be happy to try :D

From my limited cruising experience, it always seems that the bigger the ship the more space free from people there is. Except they have huge dinning rooms and theaters where there are big crowds.

I also liked the Horizon and Zenith..sailed on them 3 times.

My next choice is the Century....best service....on it twice

My least favorite was the Galaxy...sailed twice and the staff was nasty

Millenium is a bit large, but still nice. Love the T pool.

The S class ships are glitzy and shiny, but very inpersonal.

I love Azamara...very much like the smaller Celebrity ships used to be.

I've been on all 3 classes plus Zenith. I have a sentimental memory of Zenith, but M-class is my favorite. I like the layout and traffic flow much better than Solstice. I am the type of person who hates bottlenecks and it seemed that I was always getting stuck in a traffic jam on Solstice. Also, I missed all the closet space when we sailed on Solstice. Not enough hanging space or open shelving for me. The Solstice night stands wouldn't hold a water bottle, clock and book at the same time, and had no drawer for other misc odds and ends I usually keep close at hand. I learned to keep a tote bag at bedside for all my nighttime stuff. I'm also not crazy about the layout and size of Michaels Club on Solstice. The best things about M-class: aft balconies. We loved our corner aft family cabin on our 2007 transatlantic.

My second favorite is Century. Love the wonderful service and the smaller size. Makes for a very relaxing, low-key getaway.

That said, we'll be on Solstice again in October, following it up with a Connie cruise in November. Great chance to compare the two while both are fresh in our minds.

......Also, I missed all the closet space when we sailed on Solstice. Not enough hanging space or open shelving for me. The Solstice night stands wouldn't hold a water bottle, clock and book at the same time, and had no drawer for other misc odds and ends I usually keep close at hand.
Surely it should have been easy to come up with a better design for the nightstands. It seems that is one mistake that could still be corrected at relatively low cost. Even a couple of shoe boxes would be an improvement over that worthless nightstand.

It would have been preferable if they had asked for input from Cruise Critic passengers when it came to designing the cabins of the S-class ships instead of limiting themselves to the opinions of those 4 or 5 women they consulted the last time.

For future ship design, they could run a survey right here on the board asking passengers to tell them which features we like, which we dislike, and what we want them to do differently.

They could also make some revisions to the types of questions they ask on the end-of-cruise survey forms. Apparently the feedback they currently request is inadequate for helping them to avoid such mistakes.

For years, our favorite class was the M class particularly after they intruduced CC-1. But, now we are in love with the Equinox in AQ; and, we already have three cruises booked on her. Additionally, we will probably book a spring 2012 on her when we are on the Radiance in two weeks.

For years, our favorite class was the M class particularly after they intruduced CC-1. But, now we are in love with the Equinox in AQ; and, we already have three cruises booked on her. Additionally, we will probably book a spring 2012 on her when we are on the Radiance in two weeks.

Just curious but what about AQ, except for Blue, is different than the CC1 on the Equinox?

Archived