Favorite Celebrity Class Ship

Mr. Luckytoo

Which is your favorite Class of Celebrity Ship?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Class of Celebrity Ship?

• Century Class - (century & mercury)
    • Millenium Class - (millenium, constellation, infinity, summit)
    • Solstice Class - (solstice, equinox, eclipse)

I choose M class, because when they were new, they were fabulous. However, we'll be sailing mainly on S class for the itineraies & price...plus they're nice & new. If they had put a T pool on the s class, & the s class cabin storage (man, those closets were great), then S class wuld be perfect.

It would be hard to choose for me. Two cruises on Galaxy and Mercury. One gone and the other soon to be. Third cruise on Summit coming up. I will choose M, but would like to sail Century sometime.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib. 1/03 Explorer W. Carib. 8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib. 2/05 Galaxy P. Canal 6/06 Jewel Brit. isles/Nor. Fjords

1/07 Mercury Mex. Riv. 1/08 Mercury Aust/NZ 1/09 Galaxy S. Carib.

6/09 Summit Classical Med. 1/11 Summit S. Carib. 6/11 Constellation Scand/Russia

I think part of the problem is -- most people haven't been on a Solstice class ship. As more and more people catch up, I'm sure the poll results would shift towards these newer ships.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

PS -- I like the Millennium class ships too!!

My favorite isn't even listed---the Xpedition. I've been on the all and this one's the best.

Hi DrFun !

Good Point. Xpedition should have been included in the Poll, within her own class - though I have a feeling she would finish last in the voting.... NOT because Xpedition deserves to be there, but due to her limited exposure of past Celebrity guests.

Hi DrFun !

Good Point. Xpedition should have been included in the Poll, within her own class - though I have a feeling she would finish last in the voting.... NOT because Xpedition deserves to be there, but due to her limited exposure of past Celebrity guests.

Host Andy - I delibertly left the Xpedition off because I felt it was such a niche market and with only one ship...

I think part of the problem is -- most people haven't been on a Solstice class ship. As more and more people catch up, I'm sure the poll results would shift towards these newer ships.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

PS -- I like the Millennium class ships too!!

I would beg to differ; the Cabins on the M Class ships are superior in design and execution, much more comfortable and welcoming. To much effort went into the S class to make certain that most of the cabins were capable of accommodating more than two people and to be certain that the level of comfort was such that you would tend to spend time out of your stateroom where you could be expected to spend more money.

We're giving the S class one more chance in a different cabin, but I suspect that it will be only M class for us after this TA.

I would beg to differ; the Cabins on the M Class ships are superior in design and execution, much more comfortable and welcoming. To much effort went into the S class to make certain that most of the cabins were capable of accommodating more than two people and to be certain that the level of comfort was such that you would tend to spend time out of your stateroom where you could be expected to spend more money.

We're giving the S class one more chance in a different cabin, but I suspect that it will be only M class for us after this TA.

As a friend likes to say, that is why they have both chocolate and vanilla.

Although we have not been on an S-class ship we have studied the room plans, deck plans and photographs in details and, although the ship look beautiful, they also look cramped for space and we have choosen not to try them. Other aspects important to us, such as the lack of a dining table in the Celebrity Suites and the reported poor storage in staterooms, make me think that they were not as well designed as has been claimed.

Sue

I would fall on the other side of that argument -- I find the S class cabins have a much better design, especially the inside cabins. We've crused twice on the Solstice, once in an inside cabin and once in AQ.

Inside cabins have two small chairs and have more of a square shape to them -- at 192 sq ft, Solstice cabins are 20 sq ft larger than M or C class cabins.

Yes, the curved wall, large couch and smaller closets are a problem for some in the balcony cabins, but we feel the upgraded bathroom, over bed storage, flat screen TV are all huge upgrades.

We are back to an inside cabin on our upcoming Eclipse cruise! In addition, we now take half the clothing we use to and use the Elite perks and have our laundry done a couple of times during the cruise. We actually like the smaller closets, as they are really wasted space in the M and C class ships.

Everyone has different priorities, but I think Celebrity does a pretty good job with cabin design and decor in all of their ships!:)

Enjoy!

Kel

Cannot comment on insides as I have never done them ( claustrophobic a bit), but actually the Concierge Class cabins on the M ships are 191 sq feet so the size difference is moot. The S Class baths are bigger, but the real killer in terms of space utilization is the uncomfortable 3rd birth which blocks access to the closets, generally cramps the room, and precludes the use of a drawer chest which would allow more counter-space ( storage!!) and reasonable night tables (more storage!!). It's that 3rd berth in what should be a double cabin that creates the problem, so it is fixable, but am not holding my breath.

I've found the M Class staterooms to be much more comfortable for a couple.

I voted for the M class, we had 3 in a cc cabin on both M and S class and found things very tight on S class. The bathrooms are lovely but I don't need that extra space, I prefer to have it in the cabin.

I also prefer the layout of the buffet on M class, it felt far less chaotic.

Julie

I get the whole economy of scale thing - and bigger is financially better. BUT - we love those small ships. Came to Celebrity after a Galaxy cruise, and were really disappointed they are selling Mercury, and moving Century down under.

Show Baltimore some love.

We have travelled twice on Mercury and twice on Solstice, and Solstice wins hands down for us. Nothing wrong with Mercury, in fact our next two cruises are Eclipse and Century, but it lacks the WOW factor. As others have said, Xpedition is our absolute favourite, and we, like Holly, would start saving if more cruises on this class of ship were available.

I will say that I haven't sailed on an S class but I've sailed on Summit twice and have 2 more booked.

Right around 2000 passengers is the perfect size for me. It doesn't feel cramped and you don't feel like you're vacationing with a small town.

You won't catch me on any of the new big ships for that exact reason. I don't feel the need to travel with a small town - but that's just me.

I like the more intimate feel of the smaller ships.

If someone wants to pay for me to sail on an S class, I'd be happy to try :D

not sure how folks can pick a fav if they have not tried all the classes in the poll..?????

We loved Summit in the past but on our cruisie to Bermuda this month there were lots of items that are sagging, broken & worn out! Design, size & layout are still great but really needs a facelift...

I guess Connie is now in her own class-- a Solsticized M class ship-- that may be a real winner!

Archived