Have a Minute To Help Us Out? We're Redesigning Our Ship Review Page!

LauraS

I like the Celebrity Millenium review style. I would like to see more information that could help me decide if the ship's cruise philosophy was compatible with what I was looking for. Since this a subjective decision, it's hard to describe what type of information I want. But as an example, some earlier CC master review of a new Carnival ship's interior decoration was enough for me to see that I would not fit in. More description of daytime at sea day activities might be good, since the tone of them varies greatly between lines and individual ships. Unfortunately nobody ever tells you if the massage therapy in the spa is good or not. This is one of the most important factors to me because I have a bad back and always arrive with a back ache from the plane ride. I have in fact decided against returning to a certain cruise line because of a really bad massage. However, I am also not returning to the line where I had the best massage since the service and food were terrible. So for individual choices I try and read as many member reviews as I can in addition to the

CC master review.

Laura - I read through the review and found it interesting, with soothing colors and easy to navigate. If I were to make any suggestions, I would recommend making the ship's name "jump off the page," rather than have it in such an ordinaary font; and I would consider including more, uncanned photos of the ship's interior and exteriod areas (or links to such photos).

From my own experience, pictures taken of and throughout the ship play an important role in helping me determine whether I'll "like" a particular ship or not.

Thanks for asking for our opinions! Keep up the great work with CC!

Yes I agree. I love to see some photos along with reviews. I am a visual person.

thanks

We have cruised on Millennium once, Infinity three times, and Constellation once, [out of 26 cruises altogether] and we agree with your review. We do have a few suggestions. The passenger/crew ratio and space ratio are important factors in the comfort of any cruise, and should be provided on the lead-in page, and with a rating. I would give the Millennium class 4s in both categories, with Crytsal's beauties achieving 5s and NCL maybe 2+, for example.

I like making the deck plans available, but the small photos of the cabins do not show much. A floor plan in addition to the dimensions (with the veranda size separately stated) would be more helpful. I don't trust photos to provide a real feel for a ship.

You might highlight the computer usage capacity and costs. It was a tad difficult to find, and the prices between cruise lines vary wildly it seems to me.

In the ever expanding, ever changing world of cruising, you are doing a good job of keeping up with things. Stick with it!

I concur; these are facts everyone wants to know. In addition, some other data facts that should be right at the top: Ship size (length, width, tonnage), # of passengers (in addition the pasenger /crew ratio), year built and last refubished.

Thanks for the chance to give some input.

I think it would be cool to be able to narrow the search a bit more. For example, I am a die-hard RCI fan, but the more I hear about Epic, the more I want to try it. I especially like the idea of the private pool deck for suite guests.

So anyway, if I could search for Epic reviews from people who had previously sailed with RCI and who had booked a suite on Epic, it would help me make up my mind about whether or not it was worth trying.

Hello Laura

I would like to see a little more differentiation in the ratings between the ships. As an example, the review for the Millennium gives the dining a rating of 4 and justifiably extols the food on board. On the other hand, for the Costa Atlantica the reviewer says that the dining really falls short (and according to member reivews it is awful) but it still gets a 4 rating - the same as the Millennium. That makes the ratings not very useful.

I would also like to see a summary section that outlines, in very brief points, essential information about the ship. I find myself reading through pages of member reviews to get information that is not always readily available on the cruise line websites. For example:

What currency are the shore excursions or other services charged in

What time are the dinner sittings

Are there alternate dining venues (other than the fee restaurants) and what hours are they open

How many electrical outlets are in the cabin and what voltage are they

Are toiletries provided, and in what format

What is the carry on policy for alcohol

Is there a self service laundry

Is there a library on board

Are there any unusual features about the ship that I should know about (for example, if the ship does not supply wash cloths in the bathrooms)

Do the cabins have fridges (I realize this may differ from cabin to cabin, but you could base the information on the lowest category and indicate that higher levels may have different amenities)

Are robes provided in all rooms

It the hair dryer a proper dryer or one of those bolted to the wall. Where is it located.

etc

Thanks for the opportunity to give my two cents worth.

I love the website!

Maybe just a recent thing (and maybe a problem on my end) but it seems the CC has become such a big WEB site that navigating is a hit or miss proposition as far as load times (long load times, sometimes won't load at all). For the record, I'm using a MacBook running Firefox and Safari.

I would love to see a separate place for all video cruise reviews, by cruise line and by ship.

Overall, love coming here.:D

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already or not, but it would be nice to see the sailing date or dates from which the review was created as well as a date at the bottom maybe showing when the review was last updated, so we know if the information is current.

Thanks!

I thought the initial glimpse of the page was distracting. There was no focal point. Perhaps one of the most useful tidbits of information would be a list which includes:

-Date ship was built

-Date ship was refurbished

-Passenger capacity

-Crew capacity (to calculate ratio)

-Number of pools

-Number of hot tubs

-Onboard laundry (etc).

To me, the best layout, with the most useful "at a glance" information is on *****.com. You might take a look there, to get an idea of how much information is made available, with little or no effort by the passenger.

Good review, but agree that the photos should be larger and should be dated. The idea of a current condition update, great, someone out there has some common sense thanks. If your reviewing one specific ship no other adds should popup, even if it’s the same cruiseline.

Thanks for the chance to voice.

I may have missed it in all of the remarks and I'm not sure if it's applicable as I am referring to member reviews, but I wish the member reviews could be searched for such things as cabin number, conceirge class, or other items I am reviewing for a ship I am considering sailing.

Thanks,

Valerie

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already or not, but it would be nice to see the sailing date or dates from which the review was created as well as a date at the bottom maybe showing when the review was last updated, so we know if the information is current.

Thanks!

I totally agree with VegasMark. I would love to see sailing dates, as the older reviews may not be relevant. The dates should be in bold letters or easy to see when searching.

Tks... icon6.gif

How many TONS is the ship...

(some like them small or some like them HUGE:confused:)

If they have an EXTRA eating area like a PIAZZA...

(I love the quick weight watcher quick lunch/dinner sandwiches:p)

Current live music AREAS for dancing...

(nobody EVER mentions this because so few take the time to learn to dance: I tell the MALE GRAND KIDS that 99% of the women want to dance and only 3% of the BOYS learn how to dance... so even if they were really ugly they have it made for the next 75 years!:eek:)

And if they have automatic doors on the PROMENADE deck like the RUBY Princess which open like grocery doors when you pass by.

(it did have these doors open in the Caribbean making the ship 80 degrees even in the cabin at night):mad:

The layout of the review flows well to me, but seems so canned, the stock photos added little . It could useful timely data, as last refit and recent photos, to show current condition of the ship.. Thanks for your work.

I have found the reviews written on the boards under that cruise lines heading, more interesting than clicking the the Reviews tab and seeing them there, ratings and all.

These board posts that includes large pictures as the review goes along is much more interesting - its like entries in a diary and you can't wait till the next entry is posted !!

example - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1273177&highlight=

I would like to see the name of the ship bolder or larger.

Although it would take some work and coordination, I would like to see interviews with passenegers on the ships. These viewings should be recorded on the ship they represent and include clips from different areas or venues.

I would also, like to see a link (real time-live) to video from the bridge and deck cams of each ship. That would allow a personal visit to your favorite and /or prospective ship at any time. Just think of the amount of interest this would generate amoung prospective passengers. Those(me included) cruise addicts would be a click away from paradise.

Still photos are nice, but live pictures from any given cruise, "WHAT A WAY TO DREAM".

Thanks,

1st mate

Archived