Would you book?

Careg

I have to agree with the "no." I took that cruise in 2008 at the beginning of April. The weather was not great/chilly for the first two days out and was 55 and windy/rainy for three days on the return trip. You may have totally different weather, but from what I have heard the weather and seas are never really great when leaving and returning.

Please don't think that I am bad mouthing the cruise. It was one of my best ever. The islands are fabulous, and our CC group and the cruise staff made the ocean-going parts truly special. We didn't care if we went outside :-)

I wouldn't do it. That's a lot of money, and would make me feel obligated to use the space rather than see a port or do any other activities. I never have a problem finding a nice quiet place, either in the sun or the shade, either inside or outside, and I just couldn't justify the expense. Actually, that's why we also never eat in the specialty restaurants. I have plenty of those at home, and we find the food in the MDR to be excellent - so it's almost like paying twice to eat if you do a specialty restaurant.

But that's just me...:rolleyes:

Not on this itinerary. I'd only book it on a 7-day Caribbean cruise during summer or spring break time, when finding a lounge chair would be more trouble than it was worth. I doubt that chair hogs are as endemic a problem on this longer itinerary. And that's without even considering the possibly less-than-ideal weather.

Not on this itinerary. I'd only book it on a 7-day Caribbean cruise during summer or spring break time, when finding a lounge chair would be more trouble than it was worth. I doubt that chair hogs are as endemic a problem on this longer itinerary. And that's without even considering the possibly less-than-ideal weather.

What happened to our posts on the name that ship thread?? Did we do something wrong?

I wouldn't do it. That's a lot of money, and would make me feel obligated to use the space rather than see a port or do any other activities. I never have a problem finding a nice quiet place, either in the sun or the shade, either inside or outside, and I just couldn't justify the expense. Actually, that's why we also never eat in the specialty restaurants. I have plenty of those at home, and we find the food in the MDR to be excellent - so it's almost like paying twice to eat if you do a specialty restaurant.

But that's just me...:rolleyes:

I feel the same way. I've gotten use to noise (I have a 13-yr-old) so being out on the deck with kids splashing in the pool and people talking to each other isn't a problem for me. I do remember we had a problem finding an unoccupied deck chair one day on our Hawaiian cruise during the early afternoon. My daughter had just gotten a plate of pizza so we were looking for a place she could sit down and eat. When we found a free chair, someone said her friend was sitting there. I asked where was he and she said he was watching the ice craving demo. I said, well in the meantime, my daughter will borrow the chair so she could eat.

We haven't had any meals in the specialty dining rooms and don't see the need.

Archived