Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Here are the glasses pictures. Most of these glasses look ridiculous :eek:

There are a couple that I think I might like. I want something different than my current wire frames (of which I included pictures here too).

It will be the first time I've ever had 2 pairs of current glasses at the same time. I want to find just the right pair--some that look stylish, look good on me, are a good color, etc.... tough to find for me it seems :)

See what you think and let me know, OK?

http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i446/joby2/glasses%202/

Good evening! or Good morning! Depending on when you read this!

Wow, Kim!, I'm LOVING looking at these glasses...I have had way too many beers tonight :o to give any kind of opinion BUT I can say that I have one! This is FUN to see how the frame shape works with face shape. I wear glasses myself, and I am due into the eye doctor for an appt, so I am very interested to have a study of these fantastic photos that you have taken.

Mom is here. Been here since Thursday...BUT suffering some TERRIBLE landsickness. SERIOUSLY. She is fine in the car, but whenever she is forced to be still...the world around her keeps moving. BUT, I think that today was a turning point...FINALLY...I know that she has been bummed because she hasn't felt too perky for visiting with me and family.

AND she is understanding about my own issues with light here. We have be overcast and having generally horrible light conditions for picture taking. Look forward to seeing me in some tops that weren't good for her...and seeing her in some tops that weren't good for me. We are going to pull a switcheroo and see if we can't decide that we had each other's colors. :)

Meanwhile...prayers and hopes for everyone to have a lovely Thanksgiving holiday. We shall certainly be posting here with some fun stuff...hopefully sooner than later...BUT...please know that both Mom and I are thinking about everyone.

Kim, I'll be looking tomorrow with sober eyes. :p Mom too. :cool:

Good evening! or Good morning! Depending on when you read this!

Wow, Kim!, I'm LOVING looking at these glasses...I have had way too many beers tonight :o to give any kind of opinion BUT I can say that I have one! This is FUN to see how the frame shape works with face shape. I wear glasses myself, and I am due into the eye doctor for an appt, so I am very interested to have a study of these fantastic photos that you have taken.

Mom is here. Been here since Thursday...BUT suffering some TERRIBLE landsickness. SERIOUSLY. She is fine in the car, but whenever she is forced to be still...the world around her keeps moving. BUT, I think that today was a turning point...FINALLY...I know that she has been bummed because she hasn't felt too perky for visiting with me and family.

AND she is understanding about my own issues with light here. We have be overcast and having generally horrible light conditions for picture taking. Look forward to seeing me in some tops that weren't good for her...and seeing her in some tops that weren't good for me. We are going to pull a switcheroo and see if we can't decide that we had each other's colors. :)

Meanwhile...prayers and hopes for everyone to have a lovely Thanksgiving holiday. We shall certainly be posting here with some fun stuff...hopefully sooner than later...BUT...please know that both Mom and I are thinking about everyone.

Kim, I'll be looking tomorrow with sober eyes. :p Mom too. :cool:

Glad to hear your parents are back and there with you and your family. It will be a great Thanksgiving I'm sure for all of you--even if Pam is wobbling around the kitchen:D I want to hear all about your trip, Pam!

Dear Lord, lots of these glasses look hideous, I think. I was thinking about what CJW says about where your glasses should hit on your eyebrows but, I look like Mr. Magoo in those big frames I think. And, 1 of the frames is out of whack, the eye tech and I were cracking up at that pair. If you look at only the right eye, the frame is normal, the left eye goes way up at an angle. She did order it in a brownish frame instead of the purple it is now.

Gotta work all day today, now I remember what full time is and I don't like it;)

Hope all is well with everyone.

I don't agree with what CJW recommends on the glasses. I wonder if he wears them? What he wrote is in direct conflict with what I read when I researched frames.

What I read was that you MUST have your eyebrows showing or else you look like a bug. You want the top of the glasses to complement the shape and swoop of your brow and you want the bottom of the glasses to complement the shape of your jaw line.

Correctly fitting glasses have your eye centered in the frame.

That's what I know about frames in a nutshell.

I have to stare more at your pictures to pick out favs, but I can say that I don't love the bigger frames. I think that the wire frames are attractive but I think the heavier frames are more current. The darker ones at the beginning seem a bit too dark. I'm liking the tortoise shell colored ones where the background is very yellowy.

I'm narrowing it down...

Mom is feeling much better. She finally got her land legs back yesterday. Now if we could just get the allergies under control (she's allergic to my sweet kitty :( ) She says HI!

She brought a couple of the blue shirts that she didn't like on herself for me to try. And the one green one. Hopefully, we'll get some decent weather soon and can take some photos!

OK. Been staring at Kim's lovely smile...My favs are: from the "Glasses" subalbum, picture 2 of 13; from the "Glasses 2" subalbum, picture 23 of 26. Your checks and jaw is just slightly wider than your forehead...both of these glasses have something about them that adds a bit more weight to your forehead area to balance out your face shape. I like them a lot.

Mom has a bunch to say to your about the Athleta sundresses made from swim suit fabric. She is highly recommending them to you for your African safari trip. She wants me to type a bunch of info about how great they were in the humidity and heat and thus, how she thinks they would be great in Africa for those reasons. And they dried quickly the one time she had to get one wet.

That's a funny story...Mom wore the dresses on her catamaran trip at St. Lucia. Unfortunately...there were seagulls...hanging out above Mom...one gull in particular...well...BULLSEYE! Mom says :o LOL...so quick like a bunny, she has to run to the water to get herself cleaned up...the dress cleaned up well and dried quickly. :D

I guess the Pitons overlook the bay...the guests on the catamaran were joking that they should rename them the Poopons. LOL.

I want to hear all about the Athleta wear, Pam! And, glad you're on stable legs now :) One of the purple colors that I ordered from Athleta that I posted a bit earlier in this thread was a swim dress from there. Still haven't sent them back (purple jacket and dress). I'm considering keeping the swim dress even though it's not a super good FIRE match, it was a good price. Now, we have heard that line before and probably all said it too :D Just sayin'.

What do you guys think about these glasses in this color (in "glasses 2 album it would be pictures 5/26, 14/26, 19/26--all the same frames just different lighting--granted all lighting is really poor. We haven't had a clear day in 3 weeks--typical November weather here--gray and sometimes rainy). I looked up the frame online here at home last night and called the eye tech today and she can get the frames in this new color in the link below.

The frame color in the 5, 14 and 19 pics is called "brown/pink". It's from Scott Harris frames (not that that name means anything to me).

Here is a link to the frames in the new color ("hazel/peach") the eye tech ordered for me to look at. I think it would be more in the FIRE color range than brown/pink :) Thoughts?

http://www.cenoco.com/catalog/catalog_product1.asp?p_id=791#thumb

The Optometrist also had the frames in "tortoise/aqua" but, when I tried them on they were too dark we thought.

I also like the frames that you like Anita but, think they might be too dark. They are Kate Spades (I do recognize this name). And, this is the lightest color they come in and don't fit me quite as well as the Scott Harris frames.

I'm glad to hear you say that you don't like the bigger frames on me. I don't either but, thought I should give them a try as CJW suggested they looked best on people when they were at the brow line. I look like Mr. Magoo for sure in them!!!! They just overwhelm my face in my opinion. Big decision money wise and also the fact that I'm blind as a bat without my glasses. So, I have to take a picture to see what I actually look like!

Anita, have you seriously looked at any frames for you? I would love to see pics of them :)

What do you guys think about these glasses in this color (in "glasses 2 album it would be pictures 5/26, 14/26, 19/26--all the same frames just different lighting--granted all lighting is really poor. We haven't had a clear day in 3 weeks--typical November weather here--gray and sometimes rainy). I looked up the frame online here at home last night and called the eye tech today and she can get the frames in this new color in the link below.

The frame color in the 5, 14 and 19 pics is called "brown/pink". It's from Scott Harris frames (not that that name means anything to me).

Here is a link to the frames in the new color ("hazel/peach") the eye tech ordered for me to look at. I think it would be more in the FIRE color range than brown/pink :) Thoughts? :)

Hi, Kim. Just looked at your photobucket choices and had decided that I liked #14 and #19 best Then I read your statement that they were the same. How did I miss #5. Guess I like that frame in both lighting situations, huh? Please let us know when The ordered frames arrive. Not meaning to be critical, but this frame still seems too dark for your coloring to me. I'm hoping that the peach in the anticipated frames makes a lighter presentation.

It's late. I may not be making much sense. Burning the candle at both ends here. Tis the season! Hope everybody had a happy Thanksgiving. --Debbie

OH--P.S. taking a short cruise leaving 01/05/12. Yippee!

Hi, Kim. Just looked at your photobucket choices and had decided that I liked #14 and #19 best Then I read your statement that they were the same. How did I miss #5. Guess I like that frame in both lighting situations, huh? Please let us know when The ordered frames arrive. Not meaning to be critical, but this frame still seems too dark for your coloring to me. I'm hoping that the peach in the anticipated frames makes a lighter presentation.

It's late. I may not be making much sense. Burning the candle at both ends here. Tis the season! Hope everybody had a happy Thanksgiving. --Debbie

OH--P.S. taking a short cruise leaving 01/05/12. Yippee!

Hi Debbie,

Fun, fun, fun to have a cruise to look forward to. Where are you going? What line?

The eye tech called yesterday and the new frames are in. I'm going to try them on today and I'll post pictures. Thanks for your comments, this is a good group and it's always good to hear the comments/advice!

I'll post a pic later today :)

Here are pictures of the new frames in Hazel/Peach.

Of course it was cloudy, gray and sleety today--not good lighting. There is one photo that is closer to the true color of my hair, sweater and the glasses--it is the center picture of the triple collage. I forgot to put these new pics in a new album, so it went in with other "color" stuff--thus 145 pics :)

Thoughts?

http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i446/joby2/

Here are pictures of the new frames in Hazel/Peach.

Of course it was cloudy, gray and sleety today--not good lighting. There is one photo that is closer to the true color of my hair, sweater and the glasses--it is the center picture of the triple collage. I forgot to put these new pics in a new album, so it went in with other "color" stuff--thus 145 pics :)

Thoughts?

http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i446/joby2/

Kim, I know how hard it is to put yourself out there and wait for someone--anyone--to respond. So, I wanted to let you know that I'm here and I'm trying, but I'm having computer issues again. Who would have thought it, right? Pictures are blocked on my office computer; my phone will show the pictures, but the photos aren't the best quality and it's hard to make comparisons. My home laptop is my normal viewing screen, but for some strange reason, every time I've tried to view the photobucket link, it kicks me completely off the internet and shuts down my browser. I'm sure it's a setting that I could correct (if I only knew how!). So, with that caveat, please bear in mind that my comments are based on viewing your pics individually on a 2x3 screen and I can't compare them side by side.

I really like the shape of the glasses. Do you want your glasses to stand out and make a statement or do you want them to blend? My only hesitation is that I think I would like to see you in a tortoise shell that was more gold than brown, know what I mean? It would lighten up the frame so much and would complement your lighter coloring and hair better. Can you tell me if the color of the hazel/peach frames seem lighter to you? IRL are these frames are lighter/darker/about the same as the original 26 pics? On my phone, the hazel/peach SEEMS to be a bit lighter, but I love to compromise for myself and don't want to transfer that to you in this instance.

I'm afraid I've added more questions rather than given my opinion, but it's the best I can do. I hope Anita, Pam, Linda and others are able to help you soon. --Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Fun, fun, fun to have a cruise to look forward to. Where are you going? What line?

DH and I are taking a short 4-day to Cozumel with Carnival. We are leaving from New Orleans and plan to do a day or two there, either before or after or both. DH visited New Orleans on a business trip before Katrina and I have been to Cozumel a time or two without him (chaperone for school trips). I will show him what I enjoyed about Cozumel and he will show me New Orleans while seeing what has changed since he was there.

I usually like to pre-plan a cruise for months. I enjoy the process of planning excursions, wardrobe choices and every little thing I can spend time planning. Weird to some, but I love it. With Christmas activities and working full-time now, there just won't be time to do that for this trip. It will be interesting to see how much I enjoy a trip done on the fly.

BFF and I have a saying that I'll share here. We've used it for several years during our sojourns: day trips with our kids, overnight scrapbooking events with friends, and short jaunts with our husbands along. It will work with just about any trip.

Go--Eat--Stay All Night.

Any of these can be a good time.

Go is good. Go--eat is better. Go--eat--stay all night is trifecta!

I just love to go!!! --Debbie

DH and I are taking a short 4-day to Cozumel with Carnival. We are leaving from New Orleans and plan to do a day or two there, either before or after or both. DH visited New Orleans on a business trip before Katrina and I have been to Cozumel a time or two without him (chaperone for school trips). I will show him what I enjoyed about Cozumel and he will show me New Orleans while seeing what has changed since he was there.

That sounds like fun, Debbie. We love Cozumel. We've been there numerous times on land vacations (we're divers) and a couple of times on cruises. It's one place we truly miss and really enjoy going to visit over and over!

I usually like to pre-plan a cruise for months. I enjoy the process of planning excursions, wardrobe choices and every little thing I can spend time planning. Weird to some, but I love it. With Christmas activities and working full-time now, there just won't be time to do that for this trip. It will be interesting to see how much I enjoy a trip done on the fly.

I'm a HUGE pre-planner. I love to do the planning almost as much as the trip!

My birthday was Sunday and DH and I went to Denver for a 4 day weekend trip. It was sooo much fun. We snowshoed in the Rockies and had our first taste of "real" sushi at a Japanese sushi restaurant. The whole trip was just a lot of fun!!!

I really like the shape of the glasses. Do you want your glasses to stand out and make a statement or do you want them to blend? My only hesitation is that I think I would like to see you in a tortoise shell that was more gold than brown, know what I mean? It would lighten up the frame so much and would complement your lighter coloring and hair better. Can you tell me if the color of the hazel/peach frames seem lighter to you? IRL are these frames are lighter/darker/about the same as the original 26 pics? On my phone, the hazel/peach SEEMS to be a bit lighter, but I love to compromise for myself and don't want to transfer that to you in this instance.

Thanks for your thoughts on the frames. You know, I think I do want to make a little statement with these new frames. I don't want them to disappear but, I also don't want them to stand out like a sore thumb! They are considerably lighter IRL than the other frames I tried on. I think I may "go" for these. Hopefully, I won't look like a goofball :eek:

Hope everyone is doing OK.

HI ALL!!!

Been MIA again and boy do I want to get back to normal! Whatever that is...anyway my life has me spinning in circles coming and going these past several months. I just pray Jan brings some major changes!

Both my parents are hopefully on the mend now. Keeping fingers crossed!

MIL is doing as well as can be expected.

My sister has had major problems. My niece who is only 38 (with 2 girls ages 1 and 8) was diagnosed with a non operative cancerous brain tumor the day after Thanksgiving and we have been dealing with that. She was life flighted from Wy to Denver hospital and rediagnosed with a non cancerous brain lesion. She has lost the use of her left side, which doctors are hopefull will return with therapy. Many prayers have been said for our family and they are being answered. My BIL-( my niece's dad) is in remission right now from his cancer.

My brother lost his job with more cutbacks. Other brother is still trying to get his divorce finalized...on and on I could go....

Anyway, just popping in to wish you all a

VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

and I will try to get back here asap after the holidays! I miss this board!!!!

Hi Linda,

So sorry to hear about all of the awful things going on. I will keep you in my prayers.

I miss all of our conversations too. I hope everyone gets back on board after the Holidays. We still have so much to talk about and so many color parties to look through :)

Merry Christmas to you and hopefully a more positive New Year.

I feel very sad to the things that seems to be badly happen to you Linda. Way back to the topic, I enjoy very much reading the comments here in this forum about Cruise Fashion and beauty, I like the suggestions about wearing a perfect wardrobe. I will pray for you too Linda and to your two nieces who suffer from severe brain tumor, God is the best healer and I know he will do the rest all you have to do just pray and have faith!

Happy holidays everyone!

Advance MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A BOUNTIFUL NEW YEAR!!!

@Linda...Prayers and hugs. Not to be this way, but reading about the challenges and health concerns in your family makes me very grateful to not be currently facing anything remotely similar. I'm 39...not 38, but still...I can't fathom the situation there. Please keep us posted as to what is happening with her.

@Joby...I know that my own conversation will continue after the holidays.

Here's a funny...I had to recently have a passport photo taken. I really wanted a good photo, KWIM? I decided that the best shirt for me to wear was the one green shirt that I couldn't take a bad photo in...it wasn't the BEST one, but it was one that ALWAYS looked very good (and the fit was good). So I wore that (I think it was A1) and my jean jacket (texture is always good) and I am quite pleased with my photo. I could handle being stuck with it for 10 years no problem.

Point being, I know that I have benefited from the time spent doing the color parties...and I will be ready to tackle this project again after the New Year.

The first wave of in-laws comes tomorrow. My SIL and her 2 kids. Then comes my FIL, MIL, SIL, BIL (by marriage) on Saturday. We are doing a big Christmas Eve dinner because of my MIL's work schedule.

I'm very excited to play hostess. I've been working hard to accommodate everyone and feed everyone :). And I'm also working hard on not getting too attached to any expectations. DH is the black sheep of his family and so there can be interesting moments and sometimes hurtful moments if I don't have my head screwed on properly to interact with his family. We are just very different people. And maybe...after having known them now for almost 20 years...I can finally come to a place where I will not allow them to have the control of my own happiness that I have given them in the past.

Doesn't that sound horrible?

It feels odd as I type it, BUT...well...aren't family relations complicated sometimes?

Anyway...a part of me is thinking about how I am accommodating so many people in my house, and I'm thinking, hmmm....maybe we should turn this cyber slumber party in to a REAL slumber party? Wouldn't that be fun?

I'm all excited for finally getting to my orange color party while you ladies continue with blue/aqua.

And meanwhile, just in case I don't get on the boards again to post here...I'm wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas. However you celebrate it...may it be filled with joy.

I want to add my best wishes to everyone here.

Linda, trials and tribulations abound, my friend. I'm sorry you seem to have an exceptional amount of both now. I will also keep you and your family in my prayers. Thanks for allowing us to help carry the burden even if it's from long distance cyberspace.

Anita, we had Christmas with our kids and grands this past Sunday. Boy howdy, do I wish I could have read your post before it took place. I might have had my head screwed on straight before they arrived. Instead, I think I had a screw loose! 15 in my house.

I inherited two boys when I married and 8 of the 15 in my house belonged to the boys The other 5 are "ours" and as much as I try to say everyone is the same, the boys have a definite lack of raising that shows up as bad manners if I am being kind. If I am being totally honest, they are just plain rude. Instead of focusing on their behavior, I should focus on my own. I can only change my behavior and your post reminded me of that. Thanks!

I will be ready to Party Fire Blue too. I'll check back in after the cruise, around 1/10. Until then, Merry Christmas everyone!

Just a quick note from me as I head off to bed this evening.

Holidays always come with such stress, mainly because of all the memories... both good and bad... and wishful thinking about the way that we wish things were instead of our individual realities of how things really are.

Linda, my dear, sweet lady.... much love and prayers for your strength in coping with the issues that you have at hand. Puts so much into perspective for us all. Thank you for sharing and I pray that you will be blessed with a strong heart and a protective angel in this time of true trial and trouble.

To all my friends here at this particular thread, I think of you often. Anita and I were truly frustrated that our visit was during a time when the light conditions and the busy schedule just didn't invite itself to our being able to play with our wardrobes and color parties. I wish that we could have played a bit and posted some pictues and had some fun with all of you. We will definitely be back after the holidays and tuned into getting more knowledge and growth in the New Year.

Merry Chirstmas to all. Happy New Year to everyone. God Bless.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! Belated Happy New Year!!!

Where are we on color parties. I'm afraid I've missed so much here lately.

Did we finish with the aqua yet? I can't remember if I posted those or not. I'm ready to get back. Someone remind me.

PS. thanks so much for the wishes and prayers! They are sooo very much appreciated and you gals are angels!:cool: