Steakhouse attire

kennden

If it's on a 'non formal'/'non elegant' night, then dress attire is required (no jeans, shorts, T-shirts or tank tops). Men are required to wear a dress shirt, slacks, and dress shoes.... but on 'Elegant Night', a blazer or suit jacket is required. Women can wear slacks with a dressy blouse, a nice dress or a pants suit with dress shoes; things of that nature.

what is the dress code for the steakhouse, on non-formal nights? thanks

The dress code for the Steakhouse is Cruise Elegant (Jeans permitted on Cruise Casual evenings).

Cruise elegant says: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

My experience is that gentlemen will not be turned away wearing a golf shirt with a sport coat on top.

If going to the Steakhouse can a man

wear nice Docker type pants and a nice golf type shirt with nice shoes??

I wore a Tommy Bahama shirt, khakis and casual leather shoes on our second visit. About half of the men there had a jacket and a few had a tie.

If it's on a 'non formal'/'non elegant' night, then dress attire is required (no jeans, shorts, T-shirts or tank tops). Men are required to wear a dress shirt, slacks, and dress shoes.... but on 'Elegant Night', a blazer or suit jacket is required. Women can wear slacks with a dressy blouse, a nice dress or a pants suit with dress shoes; things of that nature.

Blazer or suit jacket is NOT required on elegant nights. Jeans are fine on non-elegant nights. Where did you get your misinformation?

Blazer or suit jacket is NOT required on elegant nights. Jeans are fine on non-elegant nights. Where did you get your misinformation?

Jacket IS required in the supper club on Elegant nights. Where did you get YOUR incorrect information?

Jacket IS required in the supper club on Elegant nights. Where did you get YOUR incorrect information?

We just went on the Pride 9/17 to David's. That was the 2nd elegant night. There was one gentleman with shirt/tie but no jacket. It was also very warm up there and most of us wanted to come out of those jackets.

Personal experience. Spendor, dined in the steakhouse 8x on 3 separate cruises in the last year. Always dress shirt and pants.

Also, Carnival's dress policy for the steakhouse is cruise elegant. Cruise elegant does NOT require jacket, blazer, or tie. As usual, Mr. Pete, you are wrong again.

Personal experience. Spendor, dined in the steakhouse 8x on 3 separate cruises in the last year. Always dress shirt and pants.

Also, Carnival's dress policy for the steakhouse is cruise elegant. Cruise elegant does NOT require jacket, blazer, or tie. As usual, Mr. Pete, you are wrong again.

Agree. Also saw this on the Legend. Though I wore a jacket because it was "elegant night", quite a few did not. Not even sure I'm going to pack a jacket in the future.

This was the case aboard the Conquest last 4th of July sailing as stated in the capers.

I noticed the venue being heavily promoted by the cruise staff on the jumbo screen and by the director on announcements at least three times a day.

My wife and I ventured upstairs to look at the place and they were in a "get people in seats" mode and come as you want was the order of the day.

In my opinion a sport coat should be standard attire for men here, but I'd wager it's fill the seats first, worry about dress second. On a cruise with better demand for the venue you can count on the dress code being enforced.

I didn't think you could.

Here's the correct info:

Please note: Steakhouses are only available on Conquest-class, Spirit-class, Splendor-class and Dream-class ships. Please refer to Carnival.com to see if your ship has a steakhouse onboard. Requested dates and times will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis. If requested time is full, the next available time slot will be assigned. The $30 fee includes an appetizer, entrées, desert and the wait staffs' gratuity; additional gratuities are optional and may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account, at the guest's discretion. The reservation fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through the bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water. The dress code requires that men wear jackets on the 'Cruise Elegant' nights of the cruise. By popular request, all dining rooms are smoke-free. Please allow 2 1/2 hours for dining experience.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLSteakhouseRequest.htm?icid=CC_Hyperlink_7

Might be required, but not enforced. My info comes from visiting Steakhouse recently on elegant night.

Screaming children and breatfeeding also allowed!

Might be required, but not enforced. My info comes from dining in Steakhouse recently on elegant night.

I used to think enforcement was only for grammar and high school kids. Till I started reading here.

People think they "get away" with something if something's not enforced. Power to them.

Gentlemen are NEVER required to wear jackets on Carnival. Here is directly from the FAQs

The dress code for the Steakhouse is Cruise Elegant (Jeans permitted on Cruise Casual evenings).

Cruise elegant says: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so.

The last time I looked suggest was not mandatory, but optional.

my dh wore a button down dress shirt and pants. no tie... i wore a dressy blouse with capris and heels.

my ds who is 15 wore nice shorts with a golf shirt... it was fine. but when we did walk in, the lady who was seating us did check us out to see how we were dressed.//// this was at nick and noras on the miracle...

by the way, order filet mignon... we ordered lamb chops and porterhouse.. but heard the filet was awesome!

On our last cruise, we went to the steakhouse on Elegant Night and I called before we went and asked if a jacket was required and the answer was no. On arriving,out of 7 tables, one gentleman had a suit on and the rest in golf shirts, dress shirts, etc, no jackets.

I used to pack a suit and tie for formal nights. After some cruises where quite a few people didn't wear even a jacket on the "formal" nights, I began to not pack suit or jacket for the now "elegant" nights.

Without a jacke I still wore a tie till last year. But this year on the Splendor decided not even pack/wear a tie. Never feel out of place, or under dressed.

With airline restriction on luggage weights, we try to pack light.

We have gone to 4 different steakhouses on 4 different ships and not one REQUIRED a jacket. Husband and son have always worn dress pants, button down shirts & ties or nice polo shirts and NO SHOE POLICE checked our feet. So, I would say a little dressy but jackets or suits not required - some wore them - some not - some in tuxes - some not and I hate to say it but there were people in jeans and sweatshirts but they in no way ruined my dinner or cruise - they just kind of stood out.

Might be required, but not enforced. My info comes from visiting Steakhouse recently on elegant night.

Screaming children and breatfeeding also allowed!

On the Dream last New Years one women was breastfeeding and drinking her heart out in the Steakhouse. She was asked to leave and medical personnel got involved.

Archived