Should Deposits be Per Person or Per Room

Cool Waters

Booking as a single and then adding as you go......

1 ($200) + 1 ($200.00) + 1 ($200.00) = 3 ($600.00) :D

Assuming there will be a cabin that holds three available when it comes time for the third person to pony up the deposit......and you can't be picky where you will end up........

Booking as a single and then adding as you go......

1 ($200) + 1 ($200.00) + 1 ($200.00) = 3 ($600.00) :D

and CCL has been cracking down on people booking cabins that hold more people than they are booking in them.

There was a post on here not long ago from somebody (I think LHP) that was told they couldnt book 4 into a quad balcony cabin. I think they were told CCL was holding the cabin trying to book 5 in it.

As each loophole presents itself, it doesn't seem like it's taking CCL long to close them.

Bill

We book early and have the full deposit paid within a few weeks :) You are right.... you can't wait too long or a triple might not be available! Especially if you are trying to book 2 rooms close to each other.... so far we've had great luck!

Did you book Guarantee? If so there isn't but if you picked your cabins then you can book your kids in one room and yourself in another provided that the rooms are less then 6 cabins apart.

I think they can only be that far aprt if the kids are 18 or older.

If they are 13-17 they can be 3 cabins apart. 13 year olds cant be booked in a balcony cabin without a parent though.

13 and under must be in the same stateroom as parents but they will put them right next door or directly across the hall if you insist.

Bill

LOL we can say what we want.... the cruiselines will do what they want!! lol

Ding-ding-ding....Correct answer.......;)......

If folks don't like the deposit system set-up by the cruiseline then try a resort....Ooops, they also charge per person......;)

Did you book Guarantee? If so there isn't but if you picked your cabins then you can book your kids in one room and yourself in another provided that the rooms are less then 6 cabins apart.

I am booking Early Savers....haven't booked yet, waiting for the complete $1500 to book in about 2 weeks. But thank you....this helps!

Sometimes folks split up the grownups to get a past guest discount or to have that one adult in each room.

Rest assured you and hubby can be in one room and the 4 kiddos in the other if that is what you choose.

If your family is like mine, however, you never know which little kid will end up in your room. :p

Yes, I completely understand! I try to be well prepared...lol, but it never works out the way I intended!

Per Person......... although per room would benefit us because we are a family of 5, it woudn't be fair to book per room for availability reasons. with a large family, it might be difficult to find a rooms with a triple and double tha are close together..... thus, if somebody were to book a cabin that has the potential for 3 people on a "room deposit" and then back out, others needing that triple may have lost out and then Carnival will lose out and everone will pay the price for fares going up due to cancellations...... you get the point.

I completely understand this concept but then why do they allow you to book a cabin with a per cabin deposit when you are on the ship? I think I know the answer, but it may not be the same as to what Carnival will say :rolleyes:. But I will use this as a means to book my cabins at the per room deposit in the future. We will figure out when our next cruise will be before we go and book on the ship :)

Deposits are based per person per cabin. The deposit is also based on the length of the cruise. Two passengers who book an inside cabin pay the same deposit as two passenger who book a grand suite. Just the balances will be very different. May be the cruise lines will start with a deposit that is a percentage of the cruises cost. All deposits will be different. You can have three or four cabin next to each other with four different rates. I have heard you can get a deal booking either 60 or 75 days out from a cruise depending on length. That is when people have to cancel to get their full deposits refunded. Airlines require you to pay in full in 24 hours per passenger. Hotels don’t charge a deposit at all. Cruise ships are hotels that travel from place to place. I think we are lucky they don’t have a much higher deposit amount. At least cruise lines give full deposit refunds. If you booked that way.

and CCL has been cracking down on people booking cabins that hold more people than they are booking in them.

There was a post on here not long ago from somebody (I think LHP) that was told they couldnt book 4 into a quad balcony cabin. I think they were told CCL was holding the cabin trying to book 5 in it.

As each loophole presents itself, it doesn't seem like it's taking CCL long to close them.

Bill

I suspect you're correct, especially since people are so quick to come to places like Cruise Critic and brag "Hey, look what I did..."

Do they not realize that Carnival actually reads postings here? And when people broadcast how they're going to try to fool the system, Carnival is ready, willing and able to crack down on it? :confused:

Once the deposit is paid, I only have to have less to pay, actually about 150 bucks balance for the two of us. If I pay more on the front end, I am much less likely to change, move or cancel my cruise. So for less than 7 days I just pay the whole amount on ES and hope for a price decrease for on board credit.:)

There seems to be two different sub-threads here - Cruise deposits (set by the line) and cash account deposits for S&S (a minimum is "suggested" by the line, you establish what you think you'll need) Where was the OP headed with this thread?

I think they can only be that far aprt if the kids are 18 or older.

If they are 13-17 they can be 3 cabins apart. 13 year olds cant be booked in a balcony cabin without a parent though.

13 and under must be in the same stateroom as parents but they will put them right next door or directly across the hall if you insist.

Bill

I started to book a OV cabin for four (Self, DW, two GK's 11 and 13) PVP suggested that since my Darling Granddaughter was already a Past Guest, we book adjoining cabins with connecting door. I know, he made more commission on it, but we get more space for the four of us, and no has to sleep on top... besides, we have almost a year to pay them off! Love the GK's, but we do like time alone as well...

Archived