Need help with San Francisco Car Rental

elena7seas

Does anyone know if there is a car rental agency that will rent from a downtown location in San Francisco, for drop of at San Francisco airport?

I would prefer if the agency could provide pickup at Embarcadero Pier 27, as I imagine the taxi lineups would be fairly long at embarcation.

Most of the information I've seen has been SFO to SFO, and before I start making long distance calls, I thought perhaps someone on CC might have a quick answer for me.:)

Are you just going to the airport?

You could just take the BART http://www.bart.gov/

If it were just myself, I probably would, but there will be three women and one of them is definitely not up for BART.

Further research (since I posted) indicated that it would just be tricky to try to book a car from downtown San Francisco and drop off at SFO, so I have just booked a rental car on Priceline from SFO, and now need information about booking a shuttle to the airport :). I put in a really low bid on Priceline, and actually didn't expect to be successful, but I got the rental car so cheap that getting a shuttle or limo to the airport now makes sense.

So now I will be looking for information about shuttles and limos.

Thanks so much for your post though. I printed out the BART info for my next trip. I have taken BART from SFO to downtown before, but didn't realize it picked up at Embarcadero.

Archived