Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Mike, I sure hope you'll be doing a review of your Jan. cruise. We'll need something to brighten up our winter! And you can't leave all of your fans hanging.:)

Heather

Yes, I'll probably call it ' Mike & Tracy's Continuing Adventures or something similar.:D

I vote that your next cruise after the Pride is from Manhattan! Maybe a graduation gift for Tracy? ;) The Miracle has been here; we went on her last May to HMC, GT and Nassau. Loved it so much we booked the exact same cruise for NEXT May. She is the sister ship of Pride. Just LOVE those Spirit class ships! It is such a great experience to sail out under the VN Bridge, past the NY skyline and of course, past the Lady...I have cruised out of here about 20 times and live here too, and I still tear up when we pass that majestic statue. And how I treasure my pictures of sailing past the WTC. :(

I was just wondering: maybe a stupid question :rolleyes: but was there ever a point where you kind of said, I've had enough. Wish I could go home for a day or 2? Our longest cruise was a 15 day cruise to HI, and about mid way, I kind of wanted to go home and get in touch with reality a bit, as long as I could get right back on the ship lol. I know, sillly, isn't it? :rolleyes::confused:

Go for it. A lot who sing can't even carry a tune. They are like me and love to sing. I sing so bad, Iv never gotten up, but many people who cant carry a tune sing too lol. We often say many people need to drink a few before getting up. Good singing isnt required. You will probably be a stand out.

Please don't encourage the really bad singers. DH has a wonderful voice and we like to go to karaoke. Sometimes he sings and sometimes not. There are a LOT of wonderful singers that go to karaoke and we love listening to them but it's not fair for us to have to listen to the bad ones. It's really hard on the ears. A few maybe but not one after an another for a long period of time. Sometimes the bad singers seem to dominate the whole karaoke. Then I have to leave.

Just curious about karaoke....is Tracy a good singer or does she just like to sing? Or both? I'm a fairly outgoing person, and I'm a decent singer (can carry a tune and I don't sound terrible), but I've never had the nerve to get up there and do that in front of strangers! I even sang a solo in my senior play (Grease!), but somehow, karaoke is different. It looks fun, but I don't know....just can't imagine! :) Your family really seems to enjoy it. Do you ever get up there and sing?

If you have a decent voice, go for it. Once you try it, you'll love it. It's too bad the ones who can carry a tune, hesitate and we don't get to hear them but the really bad ones sometimes take up all the karaoke time. Try it so you know whether you are a karaoke singer.:)

Tuesday Sept 7th : Sea Day

We got up later than usual, last night was one of the nights that Arielle decided to break her curfew. I consistently wake up a few hours after going to bed and I always check in on the kids. Well it was 3:30 a.m when I found her and past 5:00 a.m when I got back to sleep. Her punishment was sleeping in our cabin with an earlier curfew and getting up when we got up.

Anyway, Tracy and I went to the gym, did a workout with the weights followed by a 2 mile run on the outside track. The jogging track is situated on the Spa Deck (11) and you run around the funnel. Nine laps constitutes a mile.

We tried ordering room service when we got back to our room but we were told it would take an hour (sea day). We decided to wait until noon and join Peter and Rosemary for lunch in the Posh Dining Room.

In the afternoon we laid out in the sun for a while.

Our favorite spot (secluded)

Cruising2010406.jpg

We played a round of mini golf. Tracy won by one stroke. Someone should tell her about the fragile male ego.

Cruising2010402.jpg

Volleyball anyone

Cruising2010403.jpg

How about basketball

Cruising2010404.jpg

Then we tried out the Jacuzzi/pool situated in the fitness center (coed) followed by the sauna and then the steam room (not coed).

Previously posted photos

Cruising2010325.jpg

Cruising2010327.jpg

Wow. I have just read all 958 posts of this thread.What a great way to spend my morning coffee time.Its a good thing I didnt have anything pressing to do this a.m.

What a wonderful review,and such a blessing for your family that you were able to do this.

We have started taking our grandson(8) on cruises with us each summer.He used to call the ships "Gigi's big boats",and he calls it making memories as well.Would not trade these times for anything.

I have saved this to my favorites to read again this winter when I need some sunshine.Thanks,I know this is a lot of time and effort, and I have really enjoyed it.

Just thought I would put my 2 cents worth in. Have really enjoyed seeing the variety of ships that you have been on. We have only travelled on Conquest class and the Dream. Question? Did you find the older ships more tired. I am not fussy about things being super posh, but a like nice fresh, clean hotel rooms etc., and would probably be disappointed if a ship I was on didn't feel this way. By the way, nice that this review is being done by a fellow New Brunswicker. Only been to Caraquet once, but really enjoyed it. We used to live in Dalhouse, but now in Woodstock.

Simple answer No, Sensation, Destiny and Imagination looked great. Destiny was Tracy's favorite ship.

By the way we also live in the Woodstock area, viewed your wife's review. We have seen the two of you around town. :)

MikeyA53, it is unbelievable how much time you have devoted to this review!

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the reliving of it as you post. At least you're getting something out of it plus the satisfaction of knowing how much you have made the day for others. Very selfless of you and your family as this takes your time away from them. So a big thank you to them also!:):):)

I vote that your next cruise after the Pride is from Manhattan! Maybe a graduation gift for Tracy? ;) The Miracle has been here; we went on her last May to HMC, GT and Nassau. Loved it so much we booked the exact same cruise for NEXT May. She is the sister ship of Pride. Just LOVE those Spirit class ships! It is such a great experience to sail out under the VN Bridge, past the NY skyline and of course, past the Lady...I have cruised out of here about 20 times and live here too, and I still tear up when we pass that majestic statue. And how I treasure my pictures of sailing past the WTC. :(

The Miracle is in our future plans.

I was just wondering: maybe a stupid question :rolleyes: but was there ever a point where you kind of said, I've had enough. Wish I could go home for a day or 2? Our longest cruise was a 15 day cruise to HI, and about mid way, I kind of wanted to go home and get in touch with reality a bit, as long as I could get right back on the ship lol. I know, sillly, isn't it? :rolleyes::confused:

From both of us a resounding NO. :D

Wow. I have just read all 958 posts of this thread.What a great way to spend my morning coffee time.Its a good thing I didnt have anything pressing to do this a.m.

What a wonderful review,and such a blessing for your family that you were able to do this.

We have started taking our grandson(8) on cruises with us each summer.He used to call the ships "Gigi's big boats",and he calls it making memories as well.Would not trade these times for anything.

I have saved this to my favorites to read again this winter when I need some sunshine.Thanks,I know this is a lot of time and effort, and I have really enjoyed it.

Thank you gaylensgigi, it's heartwarming getting all these nice comments from cruisers who have followed this review from the beginning and cruisers like you who have come later and read the whole thing in one sitting.

It was elegant night in the dining room. OMG they had all my favorites, Baked Stuffed White Mushrooms, Duet of Broiled Maine Lobster and Grilled Jumbo Black Tiger Shrimps ( had 2 as usual) and for dessert again my favorite, Caramelized Apples on Puff Pastry. Tracy also had the same, but just one lobster.

069.jpg

070.jpg

After dinner we returned to our rooms, filled our wine glasses and proceeded to the Victoriana Lounge for 'The Big Easy'. Excellent show, beautiful old southern costumes and props (Riverboat).

Before leaving for the lounge

072.jpg

Afterwards we hurried to the other end of the ship to the International Lounge for the Punchliner Comedy Club featuring Scotty K and Jerry Goodspeed. We really enjoyed Scotty K. Unfortunately Goodspeed's show was at 11:45 p.m which was a bit too late for us.

Took a few photographs of the Atrium at night and the Timeless pool area.

Cruising2010349.jpg

Cruising2010356.jpg

Cruising2010355.jpg

Timeless pool

Cruising2010350.jpg

Goodnight

Cruising2010408.jpg

Next: Grand Cayman

Never cruised on Carnival (HAL fan, sorry)...but I stumbled on your thread and I am throughly impressed.

What a wonderful vacation!!! The proposal and the renewal of vows is such a wonderful example to your teenaged children of how you can still be so much in love after so many years together.

Keep up the great work...I am now sucked in and will regularly check in to get the next installment.

MikeyA53, it is unbelievable how much time you have devoted to this review!

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the reliving of it as you post. At least you're getting something out of it plus the satisfaction of knowing how much you have made the day for others. Very selfless of you and your family as this takes your time away from them. So a big thank you to them also!:):):)

A very big thank you, appreciate it.

Kim doing a solo.

Cruising2010395.jpg

Good to see Kim again. We had him last October on the Valor and he was a blast.

Like I said before Mike, really enjoying this review and all your great pictures. I so would like to do a b2b2b2b when my kids are a bit older. I would loose my mind if I tried to do that now with a 4 and 7 year old.

Bevie

Wednesday Sept 8th : Grand Cayman (Arrival 7:00 a.m - Departure 4:00 p.m)

We started off the morning by going to the Lido Deck for breakfast. I actually had a calzone, baked to order, from the pizzeria. This was the first time I ordered something from the pizzeria in all our cruises. It was delicious, one of these days I have to order a whole pizza.

Early morning tender

Cruising2010409.jpg

Cruising2010410.jpg

Cruising2010411.jpg

After breakfast we woke up the kids to give them the option of coming with us, since we were going to the beach, they got out of bed.

While on the balcony with Peter, we observed a pirate ship leaving the pier and heading our way. It came alongside the ship and fired its cannon, with a very loud boom, in a mock attack on the Freedom. The excursion is offered by Carnival and called ‘Cayman Pirate Encounter’.

Cruising2010412.jpg

A pirate on a megaphone told Peter to get back inside and get dressed. We laughed.

Cruising2010413.jpg

Cruising2010414.jpg

Please don't encourage the really bad singers. DH has a wonderful voice and we like to go to karaoke. Sometimes he sings and sometimes not. There are a LOT of wonderful singers that go to karaoke and we love listening to them but it's not fair for us to have to listen to the bad ones. It's really hard on the ears. A few maybe but not one after an another for a long period of time. Sometimes the bad singers seem to dominate the whole karaoke. Then I have to leave.

seriously? it should be for all! sometimes people who think they can sing good stink! IMO of course....beauty is in the eye errr ear of the beholder! I LOVE LOVE LOVE to sing. but i cannot carry a tune in a bucket. there is a talent contest for the talented ones to enter. Karaoke should be about having fun, losing inhibitions etc. No one expects to become a star. I personally hate it when stuffy snobby people dominate the mic like they are trying out for American Idol or something.

I guess it goes both ways. Carnival is the fun ship...it's all about fun. and you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

I encourage anyone who wants to, to get up and sing. JMO.

Wednesday Sept 8th : Grand Cayman (Arrival 7:00 a.m - Departure 4:00 p.m)

We started off the morning by going to the Lido Deck for breakfast. I actually had a calzone, baked to order, from the pizzeria. This was the first time I ordered something from the pizzeria in all our cruises. It was delicious, one of these days I have to order a whole pizza.

Early morning tender

Cruising2010409.jpg

Cruising2010410.jpg

Cruising2010411.jpg

After breakfast we woke up the kids to give them the option of coming with us, since we were going to the beach, they got out of bed.

While on the balcony with Peter, we observed a pirate ship leaving the pier and heading our way. It came alongside the ship and fired its cannon, with a very loud boom, in a mock attack on the Freedom. The excursion is offered by Carnival and called ‘Cayman Pirate Encounter’.

Cruising2010412.jpg

A pirate on a megaphone told Peter to get back inside and get dressed. We laughed.

Cruising2010413.jpg

Cruising2010414.jpg

i have several photos of dh on the balcony like this. I LOVE IT!!!!! i'd sneak out there late at night while he was enjoying his fave. cocktail and cigar lol. PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!! and then to be called out by the pirate lol!