Winterfest Boat Parade-Ft Lauderdale Dec 11

RuthlessBunny

I thought I'd add this. Don't know who's going to be staying in hotels on Dec 11, but you might want to pick a hotel with a view of the Boat Parade. Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort has rooms facing the Intracoastal Waterway. I believe you can see it from some rooms at Hyatt Pier 66 as well.

Here's some info:

A spectacular sight where over 100 lighted boats promenade along the Intracoastal Waterway through Fort Lauderdale, Winterfest Boat Parade is Florida's most watched boat parade. Vessels sail north along the Waterway's passage between the mainland and the barrier beaches.

Winterfest Boat Parade follows a route that begins at Port Everglades, near the 17th Street Causeway south of downtown Fort Lauderdale. They pass grandstands set up for prime viewing at Birch State Park (near Sunrise Blvd) and the parade ends at Lake Santa Barbara in Pompano, just north of the city.

Related Information

Thanks for this great information. We will be in Fort Lauderdale on December 11 staying at the Hyatt Place North on 10th st. We will not have a car.

From the Hyatt Place, where would be the best place to go to watch the parade? Does it start after dark or earlier in the day?

We plan on taking the sun trolley anywhere it goes from the Harbor shops. Will it let us off anywhere near a good spot to watch it or have dinner?

We were in Fort Lauderdale last year on the Boat Parade day but it rained really hard so we weren't out and about.

This is likely why hotels and rental cars are so expensive on December 11. I suggest booking a hotel soon if anyone plans to be in town that day.

Best

Regards,

Portsider

• 6 years later...
Thanks so much! Just booked the Gallery One waterview balcony! :D

I just booked a cruise leaving on Dec 12th and we are staying in FLL the 11th. What rate did you get for the Gallery waterview balcony? Right now website is showing 236 for hhonors waterview.

I just booked a cruise leaving on Dec 12th and we are staying in FLL the 11th. What rate did you get for the Gallery waterview balcony? Right now website is showing 236 for hhonors waterview.

I'm guessing the rate for this December will be a little bit higher than what missbogota paid six years ago. Even considering you are checking in on Sunday night (the day after the Winterfest Boat Parade).

I thought I'd add this. Don't know who's going to be staying in hotels on Dec 11, but you might want to pick a hotel with a view of the Boat Parade. Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort has rooms facing the Intracoastal Waterway. I believe you can see it from some rooms at Hyatt Pier 66 as well.

Here's some info:

A spectacular sight where over 100 lighted boats promenade along the Intracoastal Waterway through Fort Lauderdale, Winterfest Boat Parade is Florida's most watched boat parade. Vessels sail north along the Waterway's passage between the mainland and the barrier beaches.

Winterfest Boat Parade follows a route that begins at Port Everglades, near the 17th Street Causeway south of downtown Fort Lauderdale. They pass grandstands set up for prime viewing at Birch State Park (near Sunrise Blvd) and the parade ends at Lake Santa Barbara in Pompano, just north of the city.

Related Information

This post is from 2010 and not only has the wrong date in the Subject, but the information is waaaay out of date.

The 2016 Boat Parade is on Saturday, December 10.

This is an out of date thread from 2010.

Thank you. I must be tired because I didn't notice the original post was from 2010. And I gave wrong dates. Our cruise leaves Miami Sun Dec 11 so we are looking for a hotel for Sat Dec 10 and it would be a treat to be able to see the boat parade. I called Riverside and they are sold out. Need to check around. Would you recommend any hotels?

Thank you. I must be tired because I didn't notice the original post was from 2010. And I gave wrong dates. Our cruise leaves Miami Sun Dec 11 so we are looking for a hotel for Sat Dec 10 and it would be a treat to be able to see the boat parade. I called Riverside and they are sold out. Need to check around. Would you recommend any hotels?

Thanks Lido Deck - I see you already answered my questions on another post. Thanks

For this year (December 10th), we have a king suite balcony water view booked @ Gallery and our total rate for four was $271.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, do you know if vehicle traffic will be more than normal because of people arriving prior to the Parade? We disembark from our cruise on December 10th so was wondering what to expect.

Thanks in advance for any info :) .

Hi, do you know if vehicle traffic will be more than normal because of people arriving prior to the Parade? We disembark from our cruise on December 10th so was wondering what to expect.

You'll be fine when you disembark in the morning. The biggest impediment to traffic is when the bridges over the New River and the Intracoastal (not the 17th Street Bridge BTW) are raised for a few hours. For folks who will be in town in the afternoon and evening of the 10th the tentative schedule for those bridges is:

7TH AVENUE BRIDGE

Bridge Up: 6:20PM; Close: 8PM

FECI RAILROAD BRIDGE

Bridge Up: 4:30PM; Close: 9PM

ANDREWS AVENUE

Bridge Up: 6PM; Close: 8PM

3RD AVENUE BRIDGE

LAS OLAS BOULEVARD

Bridge Up: 7PM; Close: 9PM

SUNRISE BOULEVARD

Bridge Up: 7:20PM; Close: 9:30PM

OAKLAND PARK BOULEVARD

Bridge Up: 7:40PM; Close: 10PM

COMMERCIAL BOULEVARD

Bridge Up: 8PM; Close: 11PM

https://winterfestparade.com

The Boat Parade is at night and you will be disembarking in the morning.

Where are you going after you disembark?

You'll be fine when you disembark in the morning. The biggest impediment to traffic is when the bridges over the New River and the Intracoastal (not the 17th Street Bridge BTW) are raised for a few hours. For folks who will be in town in the afternoon and evening of the 10th the tentative schedule for those bridges is:

7TH AVENUE BRIDGE

Bridge Up: 6:20PM; Close: 8PM

FECI RAILROAD BRIDGE

Bridge Up: 4:30PM; Close: 9PM

ANDREWS AVENUE

3RD AVENUE BRIDGE

LAS OLAS BOULEVARD

Bridge Up: 7PM; Close: 9PM

SUNRISE BOULEVARD

Bridge Up: 7:20PM; Close: 9:30PM

OAKLAND PARK BOULEVARD

Bridge Up: 7:40PM; Close: 10PM

COMMERCIAL BOULEVARD

Bridge Up: 8PM; Close: 11PM

https://winterfestparade.com

The Boat Parade is at night and you will be disembarking in the morning.

Where are you going after you disembark?

Thank you both for this information. We was not sure if people that wanted to arrive very early would impact the area earlier in the day even though the Parade occurs at night.

After we disembark, hopefully Pier 2, we will be going to Fl Turnpike heading North so looks like we should be ok regarding any traffic for that early in the day.

Thanks again for your info ;) !

After we disembark, hopefully Pier 2, we will be going to Fl Turnpike heading North so looks like we should be ok regarding any traffic for that early in the day.

Thanks again for your info ;) !

You shouldn't have any issues at all!