Florida to Amsterdam

grammyandpoppy

We have just booked a Baltic cruise for June 2011 which leaves out of Amsterdam. We can fly out of West Palm Beach or Orlando, Florida and will probably fly in one or two days prior to the cruise.

I have no idea when it might be best to book airfare - i.e. should we wait until after final payment or should I book when I see a sale? We are going thru Celebrity and I am also wondering whether or not I should go thru Celebrity. I know - lots of questions from this old gal. Does anyone have any good experience on flights from Florida to/from Amsterdam.

Thank you all ever so much.

I would read the comments on the sticky at the top of the page on Cruise Air before even thinking about booking air thru the cruise line. In summary, for about 80% of the situations, don't.

I certainly wouldn't wait until final payment. Fares will definitely be higher by then.

I would start watching airfares now, and within a month, you will get an idea of where they are going. My personal philosophy (no promises) is that Europe fares are at their lowest Oct to maybe early December. Then everyone gets to planning their next summer vacation, and the fares respond by going up.

Archived