Security?

blkbetty

I guess to anyone readig this thread. Go back and read some of the comments OP has made in previous threads. She complains about rudeness yet doesn't complain when she is beyound rude. I hope that a MOD makes this post go poof JMO:mad:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=18104278

Proofs in the pudding....:rolleyes:

Post is gone. I tried to link it and it's not there. Looks like either the MOD or the OP got there first.

Thanks for asking! I quit using CC before my cruise because people are so nasty ( first reply). The real reason is after having a heart to heart with 3 very nice and hard working crew members, it broke my heart! Their pay, the hours they work and the hours they aren't paid for. Is this why there are many people that work for the cruise industry for 20-25 years and why there are at least 100 people that apply for every job opening? Their living conditions and the real food they are feed. For most of the the crew members, they make a lot more that they ever could at home and their quarters, while small and shared, are far better than at home. Some will say at least they have a job or they get room and board, but in truth they have to prepay their plane tickets home in case they are fired and really aren't treated well. Almost every crew member has a family at home that live a much better life due to the money they are able to send to them. People want a vacation where they are waited on, but they are being waited by others who are mistreated. This is not the kind of job for them and they think they can do better somewhere else, they are not slaves and are free to seek employment elsewere. For as much money as we pay and RC makes, its just not right. We all have to make choices where we spend our money and I always try to buy american and fair trade products as much as possible. If a company is doing right by employees, I thank them with my money. With a clear conscience, I won't cruise again. Im not better than anybody else, I just can't do it. I guess you didn't get off the ship and see the "deplorable" condition people in the caribbean live in.

I guess cruising just isn't your thing.

That book is probably written about the entertainers and not the wait staff or the room attendments. They are not paid anything compaired to them. And it comes down to having a heart about others. Some will see it, others won't. When my husband went to work to tell others the bad conditions, the cruisers had a lost look on their face. They could careless, by gosh they love cruising. Great. Go. Have fun. But I do not find that fun. Im done with CC. Like I said before, not all, but alot of people on this site are just plain rude. Its to bad. Because sometimes its nice writing about thoughts or ideas, but here, the rude people ruin it for everybody else. Bye.

No, it is not about an entertainer. And I did what Rockford did..I looked at your posts..you seemed to have a very derogatory, better than everyone attitude...THAT is why people were blunt with you. YOU RIDICULED SOMEONE FOR THEIR CABIN CHOICE- in July...yet you did not even cruise until September, for the first time!

I do not understand your griping..and if your complaint is about security, poor workers or the fact that you don't want to go to the people with skinny people! ( that was YOUR post, not mine!!)

Adios!

And it has been in the last few minutes. Like Rockford, I just went back and read her previous posts. They have suddenly gone from "29" to "6".

AMAZING!! I checked out her posts after my first response several hours ago ..now they are gone!

I don't think we are dealing with a full deck....

YIKES!

Growing up my family had a cleaning lady that came once a week. (same lady for well over 10 years) Whenever my mom couldn't find something she would always say the cleaning lady must have taken it or one of us kids must have done something with it. (no matter what it was, things from her left shoe to a box of bandaids.) She would never think she misplaced it herself. When she would find whatever she was looking for she would suddenly remember putting it there and forget she accused anyone. So, I'm not saying that you did, but maybe, just maybe, you put it somewhere and forgot or left it somewhere on the ship by accident? Was your charger still plugged in since you said you left it out to charge? I think it's safe to say that almost every cabin on ship has a camera in it. Do you really think a staff member (or even another cruiser) really singled out your cabin*to sneak into while you happen to be at the show and*steal your (as you said) cheap camera. Don't be so hard on RC. I'm sure people call security many times a day about property "stolen" from their cabins. They just follow standard procedure. They came when you called right? Sounds to me*like they did all they could.*But I am sorry that your camera is gone.

Be carefull! I was on the oasis 9/11/10. On Thursday night after dinner we came back to our room, changed our clothes and went to see Come fly with me. Came back after show and ordered room service at 10 pm. Friday noticed camera was gone. Called security. They searched our room, took a few notes and left. I just want to point out a few detail. One; a camera is outside our door. Two; they checked the black key box. Three; they have face recognition aboard the ship. Four; they could have found the camera in about 2 minutes if they even looked. I told them it had every picture of your trip on that camera! That I bought this camera 3 days before the trip. Their answer is they will send me a piece of paper to submit to my home owners insurance company. This is not the only reason I will never cruise again. No point in discussing the true reason. I was shocked to learn what I did on board. This was our first cruise. Our last cruise. Lets see if cruisecritic prints my on board experence. RC has threatened CC about posting negative reports, and CC was a good little boy and followed orders and removed the comments. Don't beleive? Just do a little research.

Did you have your camera in your room, on a table, the bed, or locked in the safe?

If you are referring to my reply, it is not nasty. I did not, nor did any one else -, understand what you were referring to! Especially the part about CC being a good boy and doing what RC says...

I read an excellent book about the "behind the scenes " written by an American

I think this is it.." Cruise Confidential: A Hit Below the Waterline: Where the Crew Lives, Eats, Wars, and Parties. One Crazy Year Working on Cruise Ships (Travelers' Tales) by Brian David .

Also, you can find LOTS of information on cr****junkie.com.

The conversations that I have had with crew over the years were different than yours..most seemed to appreciate the opportunity to earn money to send/take home. And I am sorry that your camera got stolen...major bummer!

Kat

Kat, was the book very graphic? Do you think it tells the truth?

Thanks for asking! I quit using CC before my cruise because people are so nasty ( first reply). The real reason is after having a heart to heart with 3 very nice and hard working crew members, it broke my heart! Their pay, the hours they work and the hours they aren't paid for. Their living conditions and the real food they are feed. Some will say at least they have a job or they get room and board, but in truth they have to prepay their plane tickets home in case they are fired and really aren't treated well. People want a vacation where they are waited on, but they are being waited by others who are mistreated. For as much money as we pay and RC makes, its just not right. We all have to make choices where we spend our money and I always try to buy american and fair trade products as much as possible. If a company is doing right by employees, I thank them with my money. With a clear conscience, I won't cruise again. Im not better than anybody else, I just can't do it.

I can appreciate your point of view and if you are not comfortable with it, then you need to do what you feel is right. Being in animal rescue I am constantly having to make choices of where I shop and with whom I do business dependent upon their views on treatment of animals. For example, I NEVER NEVER NEVER shop at Neiman Carcas because they sell furs, nor will I ever travel to China because of their tortue of domestic animals for their fur. I don't ask for people to agree with me because it is my choice, therefore, I agree that you should stand behind your convictions.

Again, I am sorry you did not have a good experience on your vacation.

I read it.....wasnt too graphic,but it was eye opening...........they are in the works now to make it a tv show...and there will be an article about him in the Dec/Jan Budget Travel..

ok,back OT!:)

I can appreciate your point of view and if you are not comfortable with it, then you need to do what you feel is right. Being in animal rescue I am constantly having to make choices of where I shop and with whom I do business dependent upon their views on treatment of animals. For example, I NEVER NEVER NEVER shop at Neiman Carcas because they sell furs, nor will I ever travel to China because of their tortue of domestic animals for their fur. I don't ask for people to agree with me because it is my choice, therefore, I agree that you should stand behind your convictions.

Again, I am sorry you did not have a good experience on your vacation.

Then you want to avoid Spain because of their treatment of Galgos.

But I think we can also find reasons to skip almost every country except maybe Sweden.

I guess the OP won't be buying anything made in China, Haiti, Vietnam, or any other country that abuses the workers and pays low wages.

There are crappy, abusive, low paying jobs everywhere, that's just a fact of life we can't fix. So we treat the crew with respect and thank them for their service, not with souvenirs, calling cards, or candy, but some $$$. We can only hope to fix a little bit of our world at a time.

Then you want to avoid Spain because of their treatment of Galgos.

But I think we can also find reasons to skip almost every country except maybe Sweden.

You are correct and again, I am not asking for you or anyone else to agree with me, I have my own convictions and I stand behind them. Sounds like maybe you are not an animal person.

THe book was REALLY good! I read it right after it came out...nothing too graphic that I can recall. It was recommended by someone on the NCL board. I really enjoyed it.

If the history of the cruise industry intrigues you, there is another one called .DEvils on the Deep Blue Sea...more "intellectual" but a very interesting read.

I recommend them both!

Have a great night, Red Dragon!

KAt

You are correct and again, I am not asking for you or anyone else to agree with me, I have my own convictions and I stand behind them. Sounds like maybe you are not an animal person.

Actually, DH and I are really limited if we ever do a Med cruise because he refuses to go to Spain.

Archived