Question about online reservations for steakhouse

Ren1216

I tried to make a reservation for my group on our upcoming Legend cruise, for the steakhouse. After I entered all of my information and hit "submit" or whatever it was, it just sat there spinning (my browser icon).... seemed like quite a while, then eventually I got a new page that said something alone the lines of "your email was sent across....". :confused: No idea if that meant my request was submitted or what. Is that the normal message you get at that point? I've been watching for some sort of email confirmation, nothing yet (and yes, I checked my spam folder).

I have never made the reservation online before, so pardon my ignorance about it. I did look around the page for instructions or some sort of explanation of the process, some indication if they would send a confirmation, but I didn't see anything (though I have read here to be sure to print any confirmations).

Does it take a few days? Should I call? Try again?

TIA

If I were you, I probably would call Carnival to make surem or try resubmitting. After I made my reservations online, I received the following within 24-48 hours:

Steakhouse Reservation

Dear ****,

Thank you for choosing The Point Steakhouse for your dining.

Your reservation request for 3 Guests at 7.00 PM on November ****** is confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at cqsteakhouse@carnival.com

We look forward to serving you!

Your Steakhouse Hostess,

Jelena Erakovic

Steakhouse Hostess The Point Steakhouse #1078

Carnival Cruise Lines Ship- Carnival Conquest

Hope this helps! :)

that is nice of conquest.....as for the dream and hearing back and confirming your steakhouse reservations...good luck:confused:even called and they said resubmit and I did....still nothing. I was told you can't contact them directly to find out if you were accepted or not..kinda bites if you ask me:(

This took about a week to come.

Your reservation request for 7 Guests at 6.00 PM on February 15, 2011 is confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at cqsteakhouse@carnival.com

Your Steakhouse Hostess,

Jelena Erakovic

I don't recall that there was any confirmation, it just took my request.

I tried to make a reservation for my group on our upcoming Legend cruise, for the steakhouse. After I entered all of my information and hit "submit" or whatever it was, it just sat there spinning (my browser icon).... seemed like quite a while, then eventually I got a new page that said something alone the lines of "your email was sent across....". :confused: No idea if that meant my request was submitted or what. Is that the normal message you get at that point? I've been watching for some sort of email confirmation, nothing yet (and yes, I checked my spam folder).

I have never made the reservation online before, so pardon my ignorance about it. I did look around the page for instructions or some sort of explanation of the process, some indication if they would send a confirmation, but I didn't see anything (though I have read here to be sure to print any confirmations).

Does it take a few days? Should I call? Try again?

TIA

I made reservations for the steakhouse on the Glory and received a confirmation via email in less than 24 hours. I would call and check.

I got a confirmation within a day or two. But when we went, they didn't have our reservation. Their first question was, "did you reserve on line?" So it must be a regular problem. My suggestion is to print your confirmation and bring it with you. Or they may make you feel like a jerk like they did with us. My beef was, if your gonna seat us anyways, and the room is half empty, why do you have to make a big deal about our reservation not showing up in your lousy system?

If I were you, I probably would call Carnival to make surem or try resubmitting. After I made my reservations online, I received the following within 24-48 hours:

Steakhouse Reservation

Dear ****,

Your reservation request for 3 Guests at 7.00 PM on November ****** is confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at

cqsteakhouse@carnival.com

Your Steakhouse Hostess,

Jelena Erakovic

Steakhouse Hostess

The Point Steakhouse #1078

Carnival Cruise Lines Ship- Carnival Conquest

Hope this helps! :)

I got basically the same email when I booked ours online. I say call 'em.

Ok - thanks for all the info and advice. I will wait a few days since it looks like that's what it took for those of you who actually received confirmation (I have plenty of time still). If nothing comes, I'll call and/or submit again.

Much appreciated...

We booked online on Splendor a year ago and when I received the confirmation email from the steakhouse hostess, I kept it. Our reservation changed a couple of times because more people joined us on our cruise and every time more friends booked, I emailed a request to amend our reservation as a reply to the original confirmation I received. And every time, I received a reply back confirming our new reservation. It was very efficient and friendly...and when we showed up at the steakhouse, our table was waiting! Everything was PERFECT! I hope you have the same experience!

I got a confirmation within a day or two. But when we went, they didn't have our reservation. Their first question was, "did you reserve on line?" So it must be a regular problem. My suggestion is to print your confirmation and bring it with you. Or they may make you feel like a jerk like they did with us. My beef was, if your gonna seat us anyways, and the room is half empty, why do you have to make a big deal about our reservation not showing up in your lousy system?

I couldn't agree more! I keep every confirmation, ES price reductions, boarding passes, shore excursions, etc. in one file on my computer (saved as .pdf files), so I'll be ready to just print it all out a couple of days ahead. I tend to mislay paper :o, so it works for me!

The first time I tried to book the steakhouse on line for the Legend, the system crashed, and I was told the web could not process my request. The second time I tried, it went through, but stated I would get a confimation upon boarding, but a week later I got an email(in spam) that confirmed my reservation. Argghh! I understand.

But when we went, it was empty, and they tried to seat us at the worst table by the stairs, and next to the water table. We asked to be moved, I mean the place was empty!, And they still placed us at a not so good table. I would suggest that when you board you go to guest services and ask for a table by the window for your reservation, or talk to the restuarants' maitre d a few nights before your reservation.

by the way, 4 of us went, two liked it, one loved it, and I (who paid) thought it was a waste of money. DO NOT ORDER THE LOBSTER AT A STEAK HOUSE! Live and learn. LOL:rolleyes:

Just to let anyone else know that might wonder the same thing at some point... I received an email confirmation today, everything is as I requested. So it took about 24 hours. It reads exactly as the examples already posted. I did not call or resubmit my request.

Thanks again for the help everyone.

Archived