WC bookings

RobertQM2

I am not well seasoned - nor a Cunard cruiser (yet) - but I did read an article about P&O's World cruises which said that only about 25% of the ship was booked for the full cruise - most of the cruise ship bookings come from segments of the World cruise. ( and we know that these individual segments are well booked and if not, standard cruiseship marketing practices ( read discounted fares) fill them up.

Barry

We got the final cabins available ...

Thank you for the info Malcom, when did you do the WC? We are booked for an A3 grt cabin from SYD to DXB and are really looking forward to this adventure.

Kind regards to York (a city which we've visited 3x because of the NRM)

It was QE2's Final WC in 2008

We booked Caronia guarantees and got upgraded to grill :) So good luck

Malcolm, your experience would have been fairly common on the QE2 world cruises. I met several passengers over the years upgraded to the grills in that way. I do not know much about QM2. Although I know that Q1-Q4 on the next world cruise is not available (at least not when I booked - there might now be a cancellation as final payments are coming due).

I've got a question to all the well seasoned WC -travellers here on this board. How fully booked are the WCs?

Kind regards

I'm not a seasoned WC person, but we did the Dubai to Hong Kong segment on QM2 last year. The ship was fully booked for our segment, but probably only a quarter to a third of those on board seemed to be doing the whole WC. Our table mates were doing the whole WC, which was an annual event for them (switched to QM2 after QE2 moved to Dubai), but there were also many on board for whom this was their first WC.

In recent years, we've seen around 300 pax booked for full worlds.

Everyone else is booked on segments or liner voyages.. or little "fill-ins" added later on to the schedules.

With the way they split up inventory amongst all the various voyages, I'd sure hate to work in the inventory department. I can just imagine the fights they get into with revenue!

Here's an example. QE: AA available from SOU-LAX. AA available from SOU-NYC.

So we know that inventory does have an AA cabin available from the start in Southampton.. all the way thru to Los Angeles.

Client wants NYC-LAX.............Sorry.. but that cabin is allocated to SOU-LAX. And another allocated to SOU-NYC.

Then revenue says.. hold on.... we have waitlist booking NYC-LAX.....we need a cabin.

Inventory doesn't respond.

My world, and welcome to it!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Archived