Tell me about the coffee

pamelab

Do they have any flavored coffee or creamer with the regular coffee? I drink french vanilla coffee and add french vanilla creamer to mine. I'm sure I can buy it somewhere, but I was just wondering what all they had with the coffees besides regular and decaf. Thanks

That's all I've ever seen in the lido, regular and decaf. Not sure about the dining room but I suspect (if available) you'll have to buy it at one of the gormet stands where the cakes and cookies are displayed. Tea is a diferent story, all kinds of gormet tea available.

In the Lido, all they have is regular and decaf, with either cream or milk. The coffee is not great, if you're a real coffee lover. The Cafe sells Cappuccino, Lattes, Espressos and just regular brewed coffee. It's really good coffee. They have many different flavor shots that you can add to your coffee for .50 cents. The coffee is very reasonably priced (about $2.00 and a bit more for specialty coffees).

There is a cafe with many flavors to add, Italian style, but you will have to pay for the coffee and desserts there. Not expensive. I often see white uniformed crew officers getting coffee there. I was just on the Dream, this was mid-ship 5th floor near the Ocean Plaza.

In the dining room you can get espresso and capuccino, no extra cost. Normally I don't get breakfast or lunch in the dining room, just dinner, but by then I don't care for a caffinated beverage. So I agree, bring your own flavored creamer.

I would say I'm a coffee-a-holic but I'm more a creamer-a-holic. I hate the coffee on the ship. It reminds me of coffee from Denny's. It's very strong and bitter.

There are a few things I'm willing to spend money on, and that's the coffee bar. They have very good coffees. I drink white mocha from Starbucks and they have a drink similar at the coffee bar. They also many flavored coffees/creamers that are sweet, which is how I like it. The prices are surprisingly cheaper than Starbucks.

I am a perked coffee drinker and hate drip coffee - tastes like dish water to me, so I like the strong coffee on the ship. I take along International Coffee and add a teaspoon or so to the coffee - gives it a little punch up and flavour. I always buy coffee beans at the different port when I cruise. So far Costa Rica has the best. Meant Puerto Rico

So far on my carnival cruises I have thought the coffee unremarkable - which on a cruise ship means it is great! In other words, it did not seem especially good or bad. Starbucks is not my favorite but I drink their coffee and can't drink dunkin donuts or 7-11 coffee.

Absolute worst coffee I've had so far is on celebrity, just got off HAL amsterdam and the coffee was usually pretty bad - except for at the charge / bistro place. Some nights the coffee in the MDR was ok, other nights not.

No flavored creamers on carnival, I always bring along a container of flavored creamer. Only mine holds Baileys. ;)

I read on here a while ago that the coffee served in the restaurants/MDR/room service, is a syrup base with water added which is why it is so terrible! This was for Princess (owned by Carnival) so I would assume that it is the same on Carnival ships. Apparently the coffee at the specialty coffee bars is brewed fresh with actual ground coffee beans. Princess had a coffee card for $25 ish (I think) that let you get specialty coffees (lattes, mocha, etc) and no charge for the fresh brewed coffee if you got a specialty also. It was SO worth it! They would usually punch my card once, and I would get a mocha, coffee, and 2 hot chocolates for the kids.

So many opinions on coffee! Thanks! From loved their coffee to couldn't stand it. I guess the same goes for food on the ship. I'll just carry my French Vanilla Coffee Mate! I never have added that to regular coffee -I guess I need to try that at home before I pack it. Thanks for all the replies :D I'll need the extra caffeine!

No flavored creamers on carnival, I always bring along a container of flavored creamer. Only mine holds Baileys. ;)

Too funny! I plan on doing that very same thing - last cruise I justcarried a bottle of baileys - no prob - but now with all the stories I'm hearin' - mine will go in a creamer bottle!

They don't have Baileys on the ship:(

re: the coffee bar

I'm pretty much a coffee snob (gourmet coffee beans from specialty stores and specialty coffee houses only -- ie: Starbucks coffee is crap...over roasted and way over rated), so bearing that in mind, how are the various coffees at the coffee bar? I am definitely someone who needs caffeine especially in the morning or you don't want to deal with me, so I'll want some kind of coffee and I'm kinda scared of what I've been hearing about the included coffee.

So coffee bar concoctions? decent? prices?

regarding those who bring creamer...we LOVE coffeemate creamers and some international delight...those that bring it are you bringing the dried kind or liquid kind? I'd think it would be hard to do liquid as they have to be refrigerated, but I've never had the dry kind.

Our waiter told us that the same coffee is used in the Main Dining Room, Room Service and Lido deck. He stated that the difference was that they clean the coffee makers daily for the main dining room and less often on the lido. I have always thought that the MDR coffee was stronger than lido. It is ground coffee on the lido. You can see it above the machines and I have seen them fill it.

Am I the only one who uses this trick? You don't need flavored creamers! Just take a coffee cup to the ice cream machine and put a little ice cream in....vanilla ice cream if you like vanilla in your coffee or chocolate if you like mocha. Then fill it up with coffee. More or less ice cream (or frozen yogurt) to your taste. It's sooooo good, and it's free! :D

And if you want to make your own frozen coffee drink, fill the cup up with ice cream and add just a little coffee. Yummy!!! :)

I was in the Army, the coffee is great!:)

ditto.... it was hot and black and that is all that really matters.... :D

It was better then I expected though. As for the creamer/flavored stuff I tried a Minoaciato or some such and it was way to sweet.

re: the coffee bar

I'm pretty much a coffee snob (gourmet coffee beans from specialty stores and specialty coffee houses only -- ie: Starbucks coffee is crap...over roasted and way over rated), so bearing that in mind, how are the various coffees at the coffee bar? I am definitely someone who needs caffeine especially in the morning or you don't want to deal with me, so I'll want some kind of coffee and I'm kinda scared of what I've been hearing about the included coffee.

So coffee bar concoctions? decent? prices?

regarding those who bring creamer...we LOVE coffeemate creamers and some international delight...those that bring it are you bringing the dried kind or liquid kind? I'd think it would be hard to do liquid as they have to be refrigerated, but I've never had the dry kind.

I drink 2 pots a day, Loved both flavored coffee and creamer. I found that lido was okay if I put my creamer in it. If you get the small individual creamers that you find in gas stations from international delight they do not have to be refrigerated. I bought a box of them at the 1.00 store and was a happy coffee drinker my whole eight day's

I've always liked the specialty coffees, but I need to watch carbs now- does anyone know if the coffee place offers sugar-free syrup options? That would be wonderful. I've been thinking I might have to take my own syrup to mix with the latte.

Sherryl

Archived