Coffee Cards?

ittlfly

I have read several posts that mention "Coffee Cards". Can someone explain where / how to obtain one, what is the cost and exactly what is it's purpose? :confused:

Thanks

You buy them at the International Cafe. You use them to buy specialty coffees and get 2 free, you also can get unlimited fresh brewed coffee.

The coffee card costs $27.50 (which includes a 15% gratuity) the card has 15 punches shaped like a coffee cup which are punched each time a specialty coffee like a cappuccino or a latte is purchased. Depending on the ship the copies can be purchased in the international café or the patisserie and can also be brought to you in the dining room or Horizon Court (the buffet). Because there is no expiration date on the card you can use it on more than one cruise as long as you have remaining punches to be made. You also can get fresh brewed coffee for free as long as there is one punch left. The ship usually serves coffee made from a concentrate and opinions vary as to how good or bad the coffee is. We use the coffee card on every cruise because we like the specialty coffees. Some travel agents give you a coupon book that allows you to buy two coffee cards for the price of one. It is really a good deal and very convenient.

Enjoy your cruise.

You can only get fresh-brewed from the IC.

And I have no idea what the above poster was talking about re two free specialty coffees. Maybe depending on what size specialty coffee you got if you were paying for them individually, it works out as two free? . . . but I think that's a confusing way to characterize the card. All I know is, it works out cheaper on a per-drink basis to have the card versus not have the card.

And also from some of the other bars that have fresh brewed coffee. Without the coffee card, a cup of fresh brewed costs $1.25 + 15%. With the coffee card, one can also get premium tea (Revolution Brand) at no cost and no punch.

You can only get fresh-brewed from the IC.

does anyone know if they offer "skinny" versions of the specialty coffees?

Yes, you can get hot drinks "skinny" ... I woke up with a two-shot non-fat cappucino every morning. I do not think that they have sugar-free syrups, though, if you were looking for a non-fat sugar-free caramel macchiato kind of thing :)

Coffee at Horizon has always been free. I get up at 0530 and usually get the first cup of coffee before they open for the feeding frenzy.

The free coffee from the big pots in Horizon are made from coffee syrup and are not fresh brewed. The only way tpo get fresh brewed real coffee is to ask for it at a bar or the IC or the HC bar. It varies from ship to ship as to where fresh brewed coffee is available.

Yes, you can get hot drinks "skinny" ... I woke up with a two-shot non-fat cappucino every morning. I do not think that they have sugar-free syrups, though, if you were looking for a non-fat sugar-free caramel macchiato kind of thing :)

They have at least some sugar-free, because otherwise I wouldn't have gotten 14 lattes on our last cruise;)

They are sold at the International Coffee Bar and are an excellent investment. And with the card, you get 15 expresso based coffees, and FREE regular coffees, teas, and hot chocolate!

If you don't use all 15 spots, the card is good on your next Princess cruise.

I'm not a fan of specialty coffee, but I DO like fresh brewed coffee (and more than one cup a day of it). Would it be worth it for me to purchase the card for the regular, fresh brewed coffee?

Depends on the person. On a 14 day cruise, I would have gotten my $$$ worth even if I never had a specialty coffee. I like lots of black coffee in the am, and my specialty in the early pm. But my husband isn't as picky as me...although he prefers good coffee, he's willing to drink the HC coffee if the alternative is him making another stop.

I'm not a fan of specialty coffee, but I DO like fresh brewed coffee (and more than one cup a day of it). Would it be worth it for me to purchase the card for the regular, fresh brewed coffee?

Yes, because it does not expire. As long as you do not lose it you can bring it with you on your next Princess cruise.

It is worth it especially if you like to sit down at IC to have a light lunch or a snack, and would like a fresh brewed coffee to accompany your meal.

I do the same thing!!

I also keep an envelope with various euros, pesos or what ever I have left over from a trip.

Donna

I sometimes joke that when I retire I'm going to open my own personal Cambio I have so many different currencies here! And yes, I keep my partially-used coffee cards in the same place as my foreign currencies for ease of finding them prior to my next cruise.

Archived