Rome Pre-Cruise Arrival Questions

Michael@ssrp

We are on the Mariner this April leaving from Rome to Istanbul. We are deviating to arrive one day early in the am. @FCO to shake off the lag and hopefully gather our luggage. Upon request our TA can arrange transport direct to Civitechia and recommended a nice hotel right next to the port there. Is there anything to see/do in Civitechia?? Given that we have a full day prior to departure, would others suggest that we spend one nite IN Rome (where?) and then travel to the port the next day and (how to do so)?? We wish we had more time and wonder if it makes more sense to just get to the port and relax rather that attempt a "quickie" of Rome.:D

I never tire of time in Rome, even if it is just for one night. I much rather have a day/ day and a half in Rome than none. I like the Campo D'Fiore area or Spanish Steps area. In any event, Rome is a compact city and as long as you stay within the historic center you are not really far from any of the main attractions. Last month we were on a Mariner cruise that left from Rome ( we loved it!) and used Romeinlimo for transportation to the port . It's expensive since it is over an hour to the port but if you can find other cruisers that want to share a ride you could split the cost. I suggest that you post on the "Roll call section and see if there are other posters who are booked in your cruise .

Archived