Not happy with Captains Club

SMNYCruise

I am taking my second Celebrity Cruise in December. I called the Captains Club to get a Captains Club number. I have cruised on Celebrity once before, April 9th, 2006 on the Xpedition to the Galapagos. They have no record of me being on this cruise and insist I have to "prove" I was on it. Any suggestions?

Hi,

My husband and I encountered the same thing. We had sailed once before (1997) and they had no record of that either. Apparently, their database was wiped clean not too long ago with everyone who had previously sailed with them. They did give us new numbers, however we had to provide the following information: Quote - Complete Legal Name for each member (include maiden name or any name changes), Birth date for each member (include month/day/year), Gender, Current telephone number (include area code) Complete home mailing address. Name(s) of ship(s). Past sailing dates (include month/day/year), Mailing address when you sailed. For an immediate response, please contact us directly at 1-800-760-0654. Unquote.

They were obviously happy with the info we provided. Good luck.

You were lucky. I offered all the information you provided, but that is not enough for them. They want some type of picture with us next to the boat or daily compass which we don't have. I have 800 pictures of animals. Interestingly enough, the president of RCCL was on the sailing with us but I don't want to bother him with this!

You were lucky. I offered all the information you provided, but that is not enough for them. They want some type of picture with us next to the boat or daily compass which we don't have. I have 800 pictures of animals. Interestingly enough, the president of RCCL was on the sailing with us but I don't want to bother him with this!

They want a picture of you next to the boat? That's nuts.

Did you book with a travel agent? If so, they can probably go back through their records and give you written confirmation of your cruise.

I had an NCL sailing that wasn't credited once, but in my case I still had the documentation with the original booking number, and they found it without a problem.

It isn't that they require a photo, simply that they will accept a photo as part of your proof that you cruised prior to the existence of their records. Receipts will work, should you have them, and other forms of proof have also been used. Did you make a scrapbook? Maybe there's something in it that will work.

I am taking my second Celebrity Cruise in December. I called the Captains Club to get a Captains Club number. I have cruised on Celebrity once before, April 9th, 2006 on the Xpedition to the Galapagos. They have no record of me being on this cruise and insist I have to "prove" I was on it. Any suggestions?

Had the same problem, believe they had a major computer change since then and some info was lost in the change. If you have something, it is fairly easy to fax it to them and they will recognize it. Mine was much more complicated, it dealt with numerous cruises going back to early 90s. Suggest you get one name to deal with and have all corrospondence sent to that one person..

Paperwork, photographs, and if you booked through a TA they should also be able to help.

I had to prove sailing on the Zenith in 1992. I still had a receipt from purchase in photo shop. So glad I kept it. They gave me credit without any problem. I wish they would post this on their site like RCI. then I would print it out and save that too.

We took a cruise in 2006 and received one credit. We upgraded at the dock and were told they would give us another point toward our Elite.

We never received the point because everything said Veranda Cabin and not a Celebrity Suite. It was almost impossible to prove but 4 years later but I found the platimun room card and sent a image of it to the Captains Club via email. Of course the card looked white when scaned. I then scanned a picture of an older white card and the platinum card to prove there was a slight difference in color,, NO GO. They looked the same.

I ended up sending in the original platinum card via snail mail and finally received one cruise credit. The folio number on the card was irrelevent to them that far back unfortunately.

When you upgrade to a suite at the dock be careful to retain all documents if you want to receive that extra booking credit.

My hard work and determination to get what was due to me finally paid off and a few months ago they added a point.

You would have thought they were giving away diamonds the way they acted on my request.

Spence

It seems odd that there would not be a backup copy of the manifest on file. 2006 was certainly not that long ago. Passenger manifests are still available from ships that sailed over a hundred years ago.

If they were really serious about requiring you to provide the proof, they would ask you for an invoice or receipt or seapass card.

One can easily provide a photo of anybody at all standing on or next to any ship.

A daily program also proves nothing as the person sending it in might never even have seen the ship, let alone set foot on it. For all they know, you could have found it in someone's attic.

Your bank should still have access to records of checks from 4 years ago. A credit card company should still have records of statements with charges paid to the cruise line, although there might be a hefty fee assessed to retrieve them that would not make it worthwhile.

You might try asking Celebrity if they will accept a notarized statement testifying that you were on the cruise. If so, that could be the easiest and cheapest way to go (even though in actuality it would prove nothing either).

We took a cruise in 2006 and received one credit. We upgraded at the dock and were told they would give us another point toward our Elite.

We never received the point because everything said Veranda Cabin and not a Celebrity Suite. It was almost impossible to prove but 4 years later but I found the platimun room card and sent a image of it to the Captains Club via email. Of course the card looked white when scaned. I then scanned a picture of an older white card and the platinum card to prove there was a slight difference in color,, NO GO. They looked the same.

I ended up sending in the original platinum card via snail mail and finally received one cruise credit. The folio number on the card was irrelevent to them that far back unfortunately.

When you upgrade to a suite at the dock be careful to retain all documents if you want to receive that extra booking credit.

My hard work and determination to get what was due to me finally paid off and a few months ago they added a point.

You would have thought they were giving away diamonds the way they acted on my request.

Spence

I don't believe in 2006 they were giving out points, you got a credit for the cruise no matter what length or cabin category and that was it and they don't do it retroactively...

I don't believe in 2006 they were giving out points, you got a credit for the cruise no matter what length or cabin category and that was it and they don't do it retroactively...

Yes they were. I went on my first Celebrity cruise in 2006--one week in a concierge class cabin for which I received 2 points from the Captains Club.

This why I save all seapass cards! I was told for a picture they wanted a boarding picture with the cruise date or a port picture with date from their photographer. Although not sure what that would prove. How would they know it was you????? I could send them a picture of anyone boarding. :rolleyes:

Uh, you could always photo shop one! No, I didn't just say that!!!

Back in July I purchased a Celebrity cruise for February. When I mentioned to the CSR that I was platinum on RCCL she transferred me to someone at Captains Club who asked if I has sailed with Celebrity before and I said twice. She checked and had a record of both times in 2001 and 2004. I'm assuming I will be credited with both cruises with Captains Club. I wish you could check your cruise credits online like you can with RCCL.

Hi, Don

They were....Sailed on SUMMIT June 2004, 13 day cruisetour ( 2 points ) and had been upgraded to SS ( 1 more point ) : got all three

Sailed MERCURY Dec06, 15 day Panama ( 2 points) also had been upgraded to SS ( 1 more point ); again, got all three.

I'm lucky: =X= never goofed on my points total and I'm right where I'm supposed to be....

Cheers

Here's another vote of Yes, they do, I cruised Concierge Class in April 2006 and received 2 credits. When I emailed them for my credits status in 2008 because there was some confusion regarding my Captain's Club number (for some reason I had two), they listed all my cruises and gave me the total credits, including the multiple credit ones from 2004-on.

OP, I had a similar problem with Celebrity two years ago. I received some documentation declaring me "select" when I had more than enough cruises to be elite. After a call to Captain's Club, I discovered they had deleted over half of my cruises, most from the early to mid 90s. They offered the same solution as you: send them proof in the form of a seapass card (which didn't exist back then, ships used plastic keys :rolleyes:) or a photo taken on the ship with the ship's name and date in the background. Easy enough, huh? :mad: Hardly. I eventually found photos we had taken with Celebrity staff (the X logo clearly visible on their suits ;)) and onboard the ships with things like the X logo or ship name in the background. Faxed the "proof" in to CC, and after sitting on it for several weeks, they accepted it.

It was a huge hassle, and I wasn't pleased with Captain's Club poor record-keeping either, but in the end I had to do it - I wasn't about to let them make me lose credit for my cruises. Now we meticulously save all our seapass cards, tickets and documentation, and take a photo with the ship name for good measure. Not going to let that happen again! Good luck with finding your "proof".

Hi, Don

They were....Sailed on SUMMIT June 2004, 13 day cruisetour ( 2 points ) and had been upgraded to SS ( 1 more point ) : got all three

Sailed MERCURY Dec06, 15 day Panama ( 2 points) also had been upgraded to SS ( 1 more point ); again, got all three.

I'm lucky: =X= never goofed on my points total and I'm right where I'm supposed to be....

Cheers

I am elite so I don't need extra points but when I inquired about getting an extra point for Concierge Class when we were upgraded they told me I would not get it since I did not pay the cabin price. Strange?

It was after 2001 when they gave extra credit cruises. We did a 14 night in Sept 2001 and only got one cruise credit.

I believe that the extra credit for longer cruises started shortly after that (as I know I was upset that our 14 night only counted for one credit), and then the extra credit for higher class cabin categories followed.

I am elite so I don't need extra points but when I inquired about getting an extra point for Concierge Class when we were upgraded they told me I would not get it since I did not pay the cabin price. Strange?

Yep....sure is...!!

Cheers

Archived