Miracle balcony..port or starboard side for eastern carib

valtandc

stoppying at Grand Turk, San Juan and St thomas. should we book on port or starboard side of ship. booking 8a on deck 4. which side for best views of ports.

Last time we did this itin we booked Port, as we almost always do. Worked out great on this trip. Ended up with a water view at all the ports (although not as good for runner watching). Of course, it all depends and somethimes the ship will dock on different sides depending on when they port and what other shiprs are in port at the same time. We've booked Port almost every time and always been very happy with it.

just did the Miracle 9/4-9/12 -- balcony 8131 on starboard.

i think i would go with the port side if i did it again...

but i'm not sure if you are on the Florida outbound or the NYC like we were...

out of NYC to bahamas nice view from our room for the Statue of Liberty (& NJ..no really, it was ok!).

on way back awesome view of Coney Island and Empire State Bldg during sunrise.

in Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay we only saw the pier, not the island so i think the other side would have been nicer.

in Nassau we only had a nice view of another Carnival ship! but i'm glad it was there so i didnt have to see Nassau itself (didnt like it, sorry).

have a great cruise!

stoppying at Grand Turk, San Juan and St thomas. should we book on port or starboard side of ship. booking 8a on deck 4. which side for best views of ports.

Tough question.

In San Juan the ship docks bow in so both sides have very similar views. In St. Thomas IMO the views are great out either side, plus sometimes the ships dock with one side in the next time they dock facing the other way. The views toward the dock are over Havensight and of the mountain, teh views out the other side are over the harbor. I like them both.

At Grand Turk, you have good views either side, but assuming that the ship docks with the bow toward the island you see a bit of the island off the port side there.

Either way you can't go wrong for those stops.

my gf and i were on this cruise back in april, 09 we were on the port side, and the view leaving nyc was amazing. pulling into san juan we have a great view of the fort, woke up to a mountain side and loading area in st thomas as the was boat back in. for the turks we has views of the island as we sailed into harbor, and one of the best views was pulling back into nyc as we sailed past the statue of liberty the fire boats were shooting their giant water cannons that contained red and blue food dye. if anybody is interested i can post/email pics

Archived