Coffee Card Advance Web Purchase

MichTraveler

Has anyone ordered the card in advance? We just got off the Golden a few weeks ago and I've decided I am getting the card on my next cruises just to get the brewed. I am one of those how wants coffee each morning but does not like the Horizon Court syrup flavor. I've taken flavored spenda packets with me to doctor it up, but even that didn't help enough most days. Onboard, they are $26 plus $1.50 tips. On the Web, they are also $26. Would they just deliver the card to my cabin on the first day? Anyone know?

OK maybe I'm confused:confused:. Are they now charging for regular coffee in the IC. Last time we were on the Emerald they puncched the card for my espresso, but not for my wife's regular coffee. If it is still the same OP would not need a card to get regular coffee.

OK maybe I'm confused:confused:. Are they now charging for regular coffee in the IC. Last time we were on the Emerald they puncched the card for my espresso, but not for my wife's regular coffee. If it is still the same OP would not need a card to get regular coffee.

Your wife's regular coffee was free because you had a coffee card. If you have at least one un-punched space on the coffee card then regular coffee, speciality tea and hot chocolate are free, without the card being punched. Without the card, you would have had to pay - hence the confusion.

When we booked our cruise, the company we booked with told us we would receive a coupon book. In that book is a coupon for "buy one coffee card, get one free".

I see -- It's from the travel agent, not from Princess. I probably won't be getting one then...

Don't forget if you purchase coffee card once on board prior to sailing you will also incur the local sales tax in addition to the gratuity.

Since when did ships start charging sales tax? Never seen it on any of my on board account statements. We purchase at least two cocktails each and have always bought DH's coffee card & my soda card prior to sailing. :confused: :confused:

Is this a joke? You'd go through the time and trouble of prepurchasing just to save a dollar and a half? I'd much rather buy it onboard and know that $1.50 was headed for the nice person who was going to make my daily mocha. Whatever. . .

Thanks for this. Exactly what I was thinking. It really was a joke wasn't it:confused:

On the Princess website, it is listed for advance purchase on the "Wine Cellar" page, below the beer and soda packages. Just wondering how to get the physical card from them. And 2 for 1 not much value as I only want 1 card.

Can't believe no one is asking if this post is a joke. Beer pkg? Come on man, why you doing this to us? This is a cruel joke. Nevertheless, I now have to check the Princess site just to ensure this is a sick joke, and no beer cards exist. Damn you!!!

To answer a previous question: No, there is no coffee cup that comes with the card. When you order your coffee, you can either have it there or get it "to go" in a paper cup. DH has the Princess stainless steel cup (which has gone up in price since the last one we purchased) that we bring from home for his morning coffee.

The cups ARE very nice, but not cheap. They are always happy, though, to fill it up for him when he shows our coffee card.

Your wife's regular coffee was free because you had a coffee card. If you have at least one un-punched space on the coffee card then regular coffee, speciality tea and hot chocolate are free, without the card being punched. Without the card, you would have had to pay - hence the confusion.

Thanks for clarifying that. They sure didn't make it clear on board.

I just purchased one this afternoon for my wife. I called Princess and they finally found the coffee card under "Food" in their computer. The cost is $26. The card will be in the room when we arrive (according to Princess).

See page 2 of this thread................. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1281833&page=2

how did you purchase the card? I cannot find any link in princes.com to purchase the card.

Unless you are purchasing a coffee card as a gift, it is far easier to just purchase it once you board the ship.

Probably what will be in the room with a pre-cruise purchase is a voucher that you will need to bring to where you would have to purchase it anyway.

Since when did ships start charging sales tax? Never seen it on any of my on board account statements. We purchase at least two cocktails each and have always bought DH's coffee card & my soda card prior to sailing. :confused: :confused:

I think sales tax is charged if you are within a certain mileage radius of a US port. For example, cocktails we purchased on0board the ship when it was docked in Key West had sales tax added to the bill. The waiter told us that once we had left and were 3 miles (?) out, sales tax is no longer added.

Unless you are purchasing a coffee card as a gift, it is far easier to just purchase it once you board the ship.

Probably what will be in the room with a pre-cruise purchase is a voucher that you will need to bring to where you would have to purchase it anyway.

My original question was due to someone wanting to do it as a gift instead of just handing over the $26.

Has anyone ever considered renting a coffee card? My fiancee and I are going on the Crown Princess in January 2011 and wouldn't use the lattes, etc that you need punches for, but would be interested in the use of a card for free good coffee. Anyone interested in renting the card? :)

Archived