Speciality Restaurants

sammy112

I have heard that one of the suite perks is being able to book specialty restaurants further in advance (I had heard 72 hours). Is this true, or was I perhaps drunk with anticipation for my first cruise?

With suite perks comes access to the Concierge. You will be able to book your specialty restaurant needs for the entire cruise.

The 72 hr. pre-booking benefit comes with Gold and Platinum Latitudes membership.

PE

With suite perks comes access to the Concierge. You will be able to book your specialty restaurant needs for the entire cruise.

The 72 hr. pre-booking benefit comes with Gold and Platinum Latitudes membership.

PE

Just for clarification... It looks like I can ask my concierge to book my dinner at Le Bistro on the 13th night of my cruise as soon as I see him/her on embarcation? Or am I beholden to the 24 hour rule as I am not Gold or Platinum Latitudes?

Just got off the Pearl and the only restaurant that ever seemed to be full was Teppanyaki. Even then it wasnt that hard. Everything else looked easy.

If you have a very specific day and time perhaps it might make sense.

They had menus everywhere pushing you to book. I would not worry and in fact study the menus. I know your excited but prebooking is not always smart.

For example we stopped in Astoria and they had some shore excursions but it turned out to be cool and rainy which is typically not the case this time of year for Astoria.

Just for clarification... It looks like I can ask my concierge to book my dinner at Le Bistro on the 13th night of my cruise as soon as I see him/her on embarcation? Or am I beholden to the 24 hour rule as I am not Gold or Platinum Latitudes?

Like I said...if you are in a suite you have accaess to the Concierge and can make your reservation for the whole cruise. If you are not in a suite you are limited to your Latitudes status.

PE

Just got off the Pearl and the only restaurant that ever seemed to be full was Teppanyaki. Even then it wasnt that hard. Everything else looked easy.

If you have a very specific day and time perhaps it might make sense.

They had menus everywhere pushing you to book. I would not worry and in fact study the menus. I know your excited but prebooking is not always smart.

For example we stopped in Astoria and they had some shore excursions but it turned out to be cool and rainy which is typically not the case this time of year for Astoria.

Geeze, we did not see them everywhere pushing us to book and we did the same cruise in April only the opposite direction. Maybe we just don't pay that much attention. We did find the Italian restaurant pretty empty when we arrived the first night. By the time we left (about 8:00 or so, it was quite full. The same with Le Bistro. I am not saying filled to capacity, but certainly 80% full. I think later in the evening, around 8 or 8:30 is when the specialty dining rooms are the busiest.

As for rain in Astoria, I don't know how many know this, but Astoria, according to the weather page is the wettest city in the USA. We too, hit rain, but still loved doing the city tour.

Nita

Geeze, we did not see them everywhere pushing us to book and we did the same cruise in April only the opposite direction. Maybe we just don't pay that much attention. We did find the Italian restaurant pretty empty when we arrived the first night. By the time we left (about 8:00 or so, it was quite full. The same with Le Bistro. I am not saying filled to capacity, but certainly 80% full. I think later in the evening, around 8 or 8:30 is when the specialty dining rooms are the busiest.

As for rain in Astoria, I don't know how many know this, but Astoria, according to the weather page is the wettest city in the USA. We too, hit rain, but still loved doing the city tour.

Nita

Nita, when they display the menus it IS merely to push you to book the specialty restaurants. It is the same with displaying all that booze behind the bars. :rolleyes:

PE

For what its worth, on our South American cruise, we only pre-booked LeBistro for our final night with a 10 or 12 other CCs. Otherwise, we tended to walk up and eat where we wanted except for Il Adiago. Each time, they were full or at least claimed they were. On our upcoming cruise, we plan on making reservations for it for one night just to be sure we get in.

Nita

I did not mean that Waiters were stopping us in the hallways asking us to sign up like the bartenders do everywhere. What I meant was on virutally every corridor and in the main atrium there were menus. If the restaurants were completely booked I don't think they would make such an effort.

In otherwards dont worry.

We probably would have gone out to see Astoria but the wife had a bad case of sore joint flareups and we had to skip a lot of walking events.

Anyways that was really meant to show that there in a very high percentage of cases prebooking is risky. You may meet people and want to shuffle your schedule or just change your mind. Unless you are celebrating something very specific like say your the exact moment you proposed I would wait.

Archived