New Marina Photos and Information

JimandStan

Marina is looking great, so far.

I'd have to agree with you there-

It is so interesting to see the details as she is completed. Did you notice the full staircase down into the pool?

183715.jpgAnd that alfresco coffee area, outside Baristas, is going to be amazing. SUCH a good idea.

Thanks, Guys. The view from the deck overhanging the pool area is great, and I can't wait to sit on the deck outside Baristas and have coffee, or Chai maybe. Hope we CAN sit outside in January!:D Cheers! Kay

Marina Goes To Sea for the First Time

by Nick DeSantis on Monday, September 27, 2010 at 4:39pm

This past Friday, Marina took to the seas for the very first time under her own power and performed magnificently! Onboard, there were representatives from the shipyard along with our Marine and Techicnical teams who were measuring and evaluating hundreds of different items, systems and performance factors.

She cruised up to 22 knots without even trying, was able to spin a full 360 degrees in 40 seconds and there was virtually no vibration or noise. She is a very quiet, smooth ship and both the yard and our team are just thrilled with how she handles.

After spennding three days at sea, she returned to Genoa to undergo a routine drydocking.

Overall, the ship looks magnificent and is coming along very nicely. They are outfitting the suites, staterooms and public areas and the progress they are making is in incredible. Below are some great images from this past weekend, I hope you all enjoy them and they bring as much excitement to our blog fans as they did to our entire team!

I'm afraid I've never heard of her. Loretta Swit and Loretta Lynn, yes, but not Loretta Young.

She looks a bit like Joan Collins to me. And much classier than when "Alexis" and Crystal had the catfight by the swimming pool.

But would she be comfortable dressed like that on a casual ship????

LordoftheSeas....thanks.

Well spotted Henry,Dressed like that she would be ok in QG Cunard,I think that she might have trouble even spotting a jacket on Oceania.

Marina does look like she needs a classier dress code,I'm sure regular O cruisers will not agree with me.

I'm afraid I've never heard of her. Loretta Swit and Loretta Lynn, yes, but not Loretta Young.

She looks a bit like Joan Collins to me. And much classier than when "Alexis" and Crystal had the catfight by the swimming pool.

she was very pretty!

Loretta%20Young%2C%201930-thumb.jpg

Well spotted Henry,Dressed like that she would be ok in QG Cunard,I think that she might have trouble even spotting a jacket on Oceania.

Marina does look like she needs a classier dress code,I'm sure regular O cruisers will not agree with me.

I'm sure the powers that be will disagree with you. This ship was built to be Oceania and CC Casual. We like it that way so let's not become Cunard in any way!:)

aw common', take away the long dress (make is a shorter version) and the hat, and she would be fine

for dinner in the MDR !

Actually, most of the older stars were very formal. I was trying to find a pic of Greta Garbo and she is either too formal or too casual. Who comes to mind on Oceania in the days........Kate Hepburn? Audrey?

Archived