Coffee? Hot water from room service?

bellatsava

Okay, I am a picky coffee drinker. I am thinking about bringing my own coffee, does anyone know if I can just order hot water from room service? Also has anyone used any type of portable coffee brewer? I have found a few press travel mugs, but also found something called a java wand and then a third option called an RSVP Mini Minit (it is a little filter that you put the coffee in then thread a small stick thru the filter and hang in the coffee mug to steep) Any suggestions or experiences?

We've been traveling with the Starbuck's VIA singles since they were introduced. Room service will definitely deliver 1-2 carafes of hot water. We usually keep one in the room then pop up to the Lido and refill it with hot water from the coffee machines. Nothing better than that mid afternoon cup.

Having said that we did notice an improvement in the coffee last year. Much better. The coffee shop also makes a cup strong cup as well.

Okay, I am a picky coffee drinker. I am thinking about bringing my own coffee, does anyone know if I can just order hot water from room service? Also has anyone used any type of portable coffee brewer? I have found a few press travel mugs, but also found something called a java wand and then a third option called an RSVP Mini Minit (it is a little filter that you put the coffee in then thread a small stick thru the filter and hang in the coffee mug to steep) Any suggestions or experiences?
Any of those options could work. If you travel with any sort of travel brewer that plugs in, it will be confiscated and probably not returned to you. We choose to bring coffeemate flavored cream (either hazelnut or french vanilla) and "loosen" up our coffee that way. Room service coffee is okay, Lido coffee can be too thick at times, and MDR coffee is the pits!

Archived