Extra charges for steam/sauna rooms?

dick731

I was told that there would be extra charges to use the steam/sauna after using the gym on the Oasis and Allure. I have always enjoyed these amenities on the other RCCL cruises I have taken. I certainly hope this is just a rumor. I certainly expect extra charges for specialized spa services but charging to take a 15 minute steambath seems to be a little greedy. Is this true and if so could a rep from RCCL respond. Thanks

There is no sauna aboard the Oasis of the Seas. The only steam room you can find is in the Thermal Suite. To use the Thermal Suite you have to pay for a day or a week pass. But the steam rooms there are more those aroma therapy rooms no sauna.

steamboats

You will have to pay for the steamrooms and sauna. The cost is $30 a day unless you buy it for the week. I can't remember the cost for the week. There are 2 steam rooms and 1 sauna. The steamrooms are very hot. Never been in steam room so hot before. The rooms are coed and they will give you a robe and slippers.

• 4 months later...

Can someone please tell me what is included in the Thermal Suite? I have looked around, but can not find a definitive, all inclusive answer as to what it is. I was booked on the Epic and looking forward to a week in the Spa (thermal baths, massage chairs, private deck) but am now switched to the Allure and would like something comparable. I fully understand that the messages will be extra, but what is in a Thermal Suite Pass? thank you in advance..

i got all togged up to use the sauna and was just going to wander in to find it, but stopped at the desk as a staff member smiled at me, and asked where it was - she said, "We don't have a sauna, we have a thermal suite instead."

"Oh, what's that then?"

I don't know what it was, all I heard was "THIRTY DOLLARS"

As everyone walks around these boards on tip toes, for fear of upsetting the loyalists, I will say it - WHAT A RIP OFF!

This is just one of the reasons I am unlikely to go on the Allure again. I'll stick to the smaller and more personable ships.

It was $172.00 for the week. I bought it. They have the Turkish Steam Room, A steam Room with scent and a dry sauna. They also have the heated beds (which were to hot without a towel. No pool or hot tub there. The showers are rain showers. Buy a day pass only or if you have a Spa treatment you can maybe sneak in.

I don't know what it was, all I heard was "THIRTY DOLLARS"

As everyone walks around these boards on tip toes, for fear of upsetting the loyalists, I will say it - WHAT A RIP OFF!

This is just one of the reasons I am unlikely to go on the Allure again. I'll stick to the smaller and more personable ships.

Well, you may consider it a rip off but this is trend with most modern mass-market ships. Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Princess, Costa, Cunard, Disney, NCL, MSC Cruises, Holland America, Carnival, etc. all have thermal suites that you must pay for. Some also have a free sauna for use, but not all. It all depends on the ship.

For me personally, I do prefer the gym/spa set up on the Voyager/Freedom Class ships over OASIS/ALLURE. It's the one thing I like better on the smaller/older ships, but for everything else I much prefer OASIS/ALLURE.

Ernie

Is it included with a spa treatment? Usually non-cruise spa facilities are unless you have a private time in the sauna/steam/thermal suite.

Also, compared to Epic, I believe the shower sizes are considered to be a little larger on Allure/Oasis? There's also lounge chairs up on the aft 11th, 12th, and 14th decks that are usually bit more quiet and free http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1322933 Solarium up top is also for 16 and over with several hot tubs, also free.

It was $172.00 for the week. I bought it. They have the Turkish Steam Room, A steam Room with scent and a dry sauna. They also have the heated beds (which were to hot without a towel. No pool or hot tub there. The showers are rain showers. Buy a day pass only or if you have a Spa treatment you can maybe sneak in.

Thank you for the specifics. Can you give us any more info? How many times did you go? Did you enjoy it? Are the rooms crowded? I'm thinking of trying a day pass. I guess I can heck it out once onboard.

Well, you may consider it a rip off but this is trend with most modern mass-market ships. Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Princess, Costa, Cunard, Disney, NCL, MSC Cruises, Holland America, Carnival, etc. all have thermal suites that you must pay for. Some also have a free sauna for use, but not all. It all depends on the ship.

For me personally, I do prefer the gym/spa set up on the Voyager/Freedom Class ships over OASIS/ALLURE. It's the one thing I like better on the smaller/older ships, but for everything else I much prefer OASIS/ALLURE.

Ernie

Please name and shame. I have sailed with Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Carnival and this is the first time I was asked to pay for a sauna. You obviously know the specific ships that charge for use of something that should be included in my cruise price.

Archived