Marina Concierge

Corvette

What do they offer in this lounge? Free drinks and snacks, breakfast?

So far, this is what we know about Concierge Level on the Marina:

French in origin, the term “concierge” evolved from a phrase for the person entrusted with caring for visiting nobility. How appropriate, as guests staying in our Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms receive the royal treatment. These beautifully decorated 282-square-foot staterooms reflect many of the luxurious amenities found in our Penthouse Suites, including a private furnished veranda, LCD flat-screen television, a wireless laptop computer, plush seating area and an oversized marble and granite bathroom with tub and separate shower. In addition, Concierge Level guests will enjoy access to their own exclusive Concierge Lounge staffed by a dedicated Concierge along with priority restaurant reservations at Polo Grill, Toscana, Jacques and Red Ginger.

Exclusive Concierge Level Special Amenities

(In Addition to Receiving All Stateroom Amenities)

• Exclusive Access to Private Concierge Lounge
  • Services of a Dedicated Concierge
  • Welcome Bottle of Champagne
  • Laptop Computer with Wireless Internet Access+
  • L’Occitane Toiletries
  • 1,000-Thread-Count Linens
  • Cashmere Lap Blanket
  • Complimentary Oceania Cruises Logo Tote Bag

Exclusive Concierge Level Special Privileges

• Priority Early Embarkation and Dedicated Check-In Desk
  • Priority Luggage Delivery
  • Priority Restaurant Reservations in Toscana, Polo Grill, Jacques and Red Ginger
  • Complimentary Shoe Shine
  • Complimentary Pressing of Garments upon Embarkation++

Thanks I saw that information already, but what I really want to know is if there are soft drinks, coffee, wine, snacks, etc. With only 3 stops on the TA and being able to book restaurants on-line, there would not be much use.

Count me disappointed. I expected at least the equivalent of HAL's Neptune Lounge, which does have food items available.

HAL is nothing like RCCL and the Neptune Lounge is very nice.

The Neptune Lounge on Hal is open only to Suite Passengers, so I cannot see how your comparison applies.

Oceania found itself a market niche by surpassing HAL in every particular and the addition of a dedicated Lounge for Concierge passengers is yet another example of that.

I still can't believe they would install the lounge for water, coffee and tea only. You can have that in your cabin. All reservations can be made for tours and restaurants on-line. Maybe we will be surprised. Otherwise I think spending an extra $800 is not worth it.

The Neptune Lounge on Hal is open only to Suite Passengers, so I cannot see how your comparison applies.

Oceania found itself a market niche by surpassing HAL in every particular and the addition of a dedicated Lounge for Concierge passengers is yet another example of that.

Yes -- but the cost of a Deluxe Veranda suite on any HAL ship is below that of any Oceania A class cabin. Plus the size of the cabin is twice as large as any R class ship.

Yes -- but the cost of a Deluxe Veranda suite on any HAL ship is below that of any Oceania A class cabin. Plus the size of the cabin is twice as large as any R class ship.

The discussion in this thread pertains to the Marina, whose Category A (Concierge cabins) average 242 square feet plus a 40 square foot balcony; on Hal, using their newest ship Eurodam as an example, Category A cabins are 174 square feet plus a 46 square foot verandah.

The discussion in this thread pertains to the Marina, whose Category A (Concierge cabins) average 242 square feet plus a 40 square foot balcony; on Hal, using their newest ship Eurodam as an example, Category A cabins are 174 square feet plus a 46 square foot verandah.

Incorrect --- S class which give you the Neptune Lounge have a minimum 556 sq feet on the R dam and a minimum 510 on the E dam for a lot less money than Marina's A-class.

Not that Oceania is not worth the extra money (I am an "O" fan but equally depending on value a HAL fan)- but the comment was in reference to Suites -- and HALs deluxe veranda suites are lower priced than O's concierge Veranda's.

HAL certainly does it right with the Neptune Lounge.

Incorrect --- S class which give you the Neptune Lounge have a minimum 556 sq feet on the R dam and a minimum 510 on the E dam for a lot less money than Marina's A-class.

Not that Oceania is not worth the extra money (I am an "O" fan but equally depending on value a HAL fan)- but the comment was in reference to Suites -- and HALs deluxe veranda suites are lower priced than O's concierge Veranda's.

Paul-

You have made my point for me, S class on Hal is a FULL Suite,

SR_3D_DlxVerSuite.jpg

which is comparable to a Penthouse on O, not a Cat A.

m-staterooms-3d-ph1.jpg

It really isn't fair to compare Hals Suite to Oceania's CAT A, but if you compare apples to apples, Oceania wins, hands down.

So what will they be offering in the lounge for suites on Marina? Anything more? Not that I really care about canapes or snacks in the lounge. To me the only advantage is that there will be someone to take care of any needs (non butler related) I may have without having to go to the Reception Desk.

I couldn't care less about canapes or snacks. These are just something else to be left lying around drying up and beginning to harden....

However, the lounge will be staffed by a knowledgeable concierge who will be available to answer questions, book excursions, help with disembarkation arrangements and so on.

There would be no need to go to the Reception desk or the Excursion desk....

A lounge with canapes, appetizers, coffee and tea means little to me...

When you are treated well and fed well all over the ship, there's little extra they can do in a Concierge Lounge...

Now, we've cruised on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity and as Diamond or Elite or as Suite passengers, we've gotten their special lounge...

The highlight for most there are the free drinks...

Now, I can afford to pay for my drinks, but it is nice to go into those lounges and not have to deal with pulling out your card and signing the tape and dealing with the bill...It is nice to know that they just serve and replenish your drinks gratis...

But, the real key to these lounges is that rather than hassling with the masses at the regular bars, you instead have your own "private club"...On our last two Celebrity cruises, the nightly crowd for drinking hours were the same small groups...we became very close with our "drinking buddies" and had what amounted to our private reserved table...the bar waitresses knew us...we never had to order a drink past the first night or two...they already knew what to bring...The Captain's Club hostess--who "hosted" the lounge--had us all invited to dine at the Captain's Table one night...

It is sort of an "Elitist" situation, but, you know something? It is quite nice...It's sort of a way to carve your own special little niche among the larger set of the entire ship...

Perhaps, if Oceania wants to treat their Concierge Lounge the same way, it could become quite a benefit to those in the category to use it...

It is sort of an "Elitist" situation, but, you know something? It is quite nice...It's sort of a way to carve your own special little niche among the larger set of the entire ship...

Perhaps, if Oceania wants to treat their Concierge Lounge the same way, it could become quite a benefit to those in the category to use it...

:) Very good -- no different than an airline lounge. Just quiet time and that is what I crave when on vacation.

It is nice to see it on Marina. Unfortunately no room for it on the R-Class ships.

The O Concierge Verandas are not suites...a valid comparison would be the Penthouse suites. Appears semantics are muddling the discussion.

In the Regatta-class ships, "concierge" class does not involve an actual concierge person. There is a concierge person on board, but he or she is there for everyone, regardless of the category of stateroom. The term "concierge" is used to indicate the level of service, not that a special person is available. It is very similar to concierge class on Celebrity -- the same cabin, the same personnel, but a few more perks and a bit mre luxury (such as cashmere lap robes).

Apparently, although no one of us knows yet, there will be an actual concierge person available just for concierge-class guests (categories A` through A4), and that person will be "headquartered" in the concierge lounge (duh). That person might be thought of as sort of a common butler for all non-suite, category "A" passengers. Category "B" and below passengers will actually be required to use their own smarts and take responsibility for their own reservations and such.

I don't expect the concierge lounge, which is not much larger than two inside cabins, to be much more than an office for the concierge and perhaps a meeting place for concierge guests wishing to dine together or go off on an excursion together.

In the past, I mostly booked an A2 to get a refrigerator. On Marina, with a fridge in every cabin, I booked a B4 category. 'Nough said...

It is such a shame that O does not take this opportunity to make it extra special like the other cruise lines and offer canapes and a happy hour plus a light breakfast. It would really sell more cabins in that class.

It is such a shame that O does not take this opportunity to make it extra special like the other cruise lines and offer canapes and a happy hour plus a light breakfast. It would really sell more cabins in that class.

Donna-

Whatever Oceania does with their Concierge Lounge, it cannot be "like the other lines" for the simple reason that this lounge is a first.

The other lounges that you are thinking of are either Suite Lounges (like the Neptune on HAL), or a loyalty lounge for repeat passengers (such as the Concierge Lounge on RCCL).

Oceania's Concierge Lounge is a whole new concept.

Archived