Moving On

ekco

OK everyone. Sad though it is I think it's time to move on from the Berwyn issue and LOOK FORWARD TO OUR HOLIDAYS!! Even though I'm not cruising this time round I'm going to get a lot of enjoyment out of everyone else's, especially Linda and RR as they're going to the Canaries and I can't wait to see what RR reports back about the IE in November. Maybe it's because it was our first cruise but I much preferred it to the so called 'better ship' the Celebration.

Anyone else agree? :):)

Jan

Moving on? for a moment I thought you were going to do a Berwyn :eek:

I thought I heard the faint sound of cheering!! Dream on!!:D:D

It's forever going to be known as 'doing a Berwyn', lol.

Jan

Faint? :D was more like a stadium cheering :p

Now that's not very nice. All the times I've stuck up for you when people were plotting to get you thrown off the forum for advertising Strongbow every night. "Don't do it" I said, "there are laws about picking on the afflicted, he can blame and claim and we can't afford it"!!:p:p;)

Back to the footy.

Jan

Come on you Spurs

Off early to do some gardening for my daughter tomorrow (weather permitting) so I hope you have wonderful anniversary and the cake is OK;)

Thanks Linda, cake looks fab now it's decorated. Will take a photo tomorrow. I'm not very good at royal icing but the 2nd thinner coat covered up a lot, lol. I managed to get some of those little cake boxes on ebay to post to relatives and only cost me £1.20 for 20 of them. There were 5 lots of 10 and I managed to breeze in with a minute to go and snatched 2 of them from under the noses of the bidders, tee hee. I wasn't greedy though, the same bidders got the other 3. Result!!:D:D;)

Enjoy your gardening and don't put your back out.:eek: Painful!

Jan

Thought you were leaving as well jan hope you have a lovely anniversary ..enjoy 40 years is a long time I had mine last year with the family in spain and it was brill. Will be nice to see the pics of the cake

mrs.c

Thanks mrs c. Beautiful sunny day to day, I've taken a lot of photos and just got to pick the best.

Hubby gave me a set of 3 remote controlled sockets that are on sale at Morrisons this morning and actually thought it was an apppropriate present for a Ruby anniversary.:eek: I thought it was a joke but he wasn't laughing!! He won't be laughing later either when I set about him with the electric carving knife, lol.:D:D Where's my Elizabeth Taylor size diamond and ruby ring? The one I've got looks great, under the magnifying glass.:eek:;)

Jan

Your cake looks spectacular very well done .. give yourself a pat on the back maybe hubby will surprise you yet :D

mrs.c

Thanks mrs.c. Just had a nice meal, can't do much tonight as I have to be at the hospital tomorrow at 9.20am to grill (over hot coals, lol) the surgeon about removing one of my parathyroid glands, there's no way he's going to do a 4" cut across my neck to remove something the size of a grain of rice. I'll look like I've been caught by Al Qaeda!:eek:. Off to Turkey next Tuesday though, can't wait, and I'm going to start packing tomorrow.

No surprises from hubby, after 40 years I give up, lol. He still doesn't get it about the sockets!! I think he's got alzheimers.:eek:. I wouldn't mind but Morrisons have a bunch of burgundy coloured roses on sale for £8. doh!!:eek: I think I should get divorced and marry myself, ha, ha!!:D:D

Jan

No surprises from hubby, after 40 years I give up, lol. He still doesn't get it about the sockets!! I think he's got alzheimers. I wouldn't mind but Morrisons have a bunch of burgundy coloured roses on sale for £8. doh!! I think I should get divorced and marry myself, ha, ha!!

Jan

Hi Jan, We are twins (at least our husband's are:rolleyes:) We haven't bought each other anything yet, for obvious reasons, but there is a fantastic shopping centre in Gran Canaria - right near where the ship docks:D

The cake looks great - well done:)

Didn't get to do daughter's garden today as OH had bad stomach last night and she thought I might be infectious - what a shame;)

Hi Linda

I know that shopping centre, had a look round in March, can you get something for me while you're at it, lol. They had a C&A in there but sadly not the same as we used to have here. At least you got out of the gardening, lol. I'm rushing before we go away as I've got apples from the garden to stew and freeze this week, luckily the big tree hasn't produced much this year. Pears done anyway but freezer is pretty full.:eek::eek: Oh no!! I'm turning into Nigella Lawson, without the pout, lol.

Jan

1st day not doing stoopid hours and gone down with man flu and a hacking cough

Anybody do nursing :D with the uniform

I can do it RR!!:D:D But are you sure, really really sure you want to see me in that uniform? Think very carefully!! lol.:D:D

It's predictable though, you've worked all those hours and don't know you're running on empty so the minute you stop, bang!! caught something.

Just got back from the hospital. Got there 9.10 for 9.20 to find there was a great big queue at reception with only one person on. 20 minutes later I get to the waiting area only for the nurse to say I'm late for my appointment. I wasn't putting up with that, cheek!! You could see the queue from where we were.:eek:

Jan

1st day not doing stoopid hours and gone down with man flu and a hacking cough:(

Anybody do nursing :D with the uniform

Well I live nearer to you than Jan:D

Of course, Berwyn is a nurse, but looks like he doesn't love us any more and I don't think that is quite the sort of nurse you were thinking of:eek:

I can do it RR!!:D:D But are you sure, really really sure you want to see me in that uniform? Think very carefully!! lol.:D:D

It's predictable though, you've worked all those hours and don't know you're running on empty so the minute you stop, bang!! caught something.

Just got back from the hospital. Got there 9.10 for 9.20 to find there was a great big queue at reception with only one person on. 20 minutes later I get to the waiting area only for the nurse to say I'm late for my appointment. I wasn't putting up with that, cheek!! You could see the queue from where we were.:eek:

Jan

How did it go Jan, did you give the docs what for??:D

How did it go Jan, did you give the docs what for??:D

Hi Linda

Well someone's lying!!:eek: The endrocinolgy consultant a couple of weeks ago said I'd have a good 4" incision right across the neck, I'd be in for 3 days, I'd have to take generic Fosomax for life (not likely!! check out the side effects). The surgeon said he'd do a 1" incision but if they couldn't find the correct parathyroid gland (they're only the size of a grain of rice) he might have to widen to 2" to look at the other 3, stay in overnight and no medication as the calcium in the bones returns to normal density within 18 months. More research is needed I think.:eek: That's a lot to think about, he said he'd do it by the end of November if I agree. I do need to have it done though as I have T-3.5 osteoporosis which means that I'm 3.5 times more likely to break something in a fall than normal at the moment. and that will only get worse as the paraythroid controls how much calcium is taken out of the bones. One is malfunctioning and taking too much out and the other 3 become dormant. I better not fall about in a drunken stupor on holiday had I.:eek: Are you still with me, lol. I am a medical expert you know!! It's amazing that something so small can have such a big effect and to think this all started with kidney stones. I'm definitely on mission creep.

Can you imaging RR waking up and seeing a big hairy bloke in a nurses uniform lurking over him, ha, ha. He'd think he was delirious.:D:D

Jan

Hi Jan, Yes you have to be a medical expert these days to stop docs doing unspeakable things to you:D

I went for a bone scan a couple of years ago and was told I had Ostopaenia. So home to look it up (bet the docs hate the internet!!) and read all about Fosomax :eek: It also said it was a disease made up by doctors about 10 years ago meaning that your bones were not as thick as a 20 year old (well obviously not!!) It also said that your bones may have always been that thickness! I think mine were 1 point something:confused:

Hi Linda

As I can't take calcium at the moment I've been reading up on it. Why is it that there are more bone fractures now than ever when we've been drilled to eat more dairy for the past 50 years and that it is very rare in African women who eat very little dairy? A lot of studies suggest taking magnesium supplements which is what I've been doing so we'll see. Better get off the medical stuff, lol, or we'll get thrown off the forum. Have you had a look at the v-card option in the cc profile, not quite sure if it can be used publicly or privately. A bit like the 'friends' option that doesn't seem to do anything as far as I can tell.:):)

Jan

How do I find that?

Is there a rule banning me from putting my email address on. I noticed someome had done that on another board, the person replied and then the first person took the post off. (How would you do that?)

Is there anyone else on this board:D:D:confused:

How do I find that?

Is there a rule banning me from putting my email address on. I noticed someome had done that on another board, the person replied and then the first person took the post off. (How would you do that?)

Is there anyone else on this board:D:D:confused:

Hi Linda

Go into User CP at the top of the page and Edit Options, look at the V Card and let me know what you think. I can't puzzle out if anyone can access it if you tick the box or just the people you want to If you put your email on a post you would have to pre-arrange with whoever you want to see it then go in and edit the post within 15 minutes. I think on the other site you can edit at any time, or am I thinking of Family Tree Forum, lol.:)

Jan

Hi Linda

Go into User CP at the top of the page and Edit Options, look at the V Card and let me know what you think. I can't puzzle out if anyone can access it if you tick the box or just the people you want to If you put your email on a post you would have to pre-arrange with whoever you want to see it then go in and edit the post within 15 minutes. I think on the other site you can edit at any time, or am I thinking of Family Tree Forum, lol.:)

Jan

Right I have ticked the box, what happens now?

Archived