Island Escape cancelled for November

Stevio

Have just been informed that we will have to go on the sprit on the 31dec as the IE will not be sailing ,( not very happy ) how about you RR have you heard anything yet TA says all letters are being sent out soon .

mrs.c

He's not going to like that!!:eek::eek: Duck everyone, lol

Jan

RR is not going to be happy at all.

We should have been on IE 19th November. Going on Destiny now. Beginning to wonder if IE will ever sail again. :(

Yes Rhanna , dont look very good does it , although they say it should be ready for next february , but dont hold your breath, think that they should stop taking bookings for it until they definately know as they just put you on any other ship that they please.

It was only through talking to one of the waiters that we discovered this and our TA agent did not know until she phoned when we went up today and discovered it , said letters would be out soon , when she asked if we had the option to cancel she was told yes but we would lose our money if we did ,,, not good enough for your customers Thomson :(

mrs.c

Have just been informed that we will have to go on the sprit on the 31dec as the IE will not be sailing ,( not very happy ) how about you RR have you heard anything yet TA says all letters are being sent out soon .

mrs.c

Just shot an email over to the Travel Consultant, not very happy at all if it's true :mad:

Just shot an email over to the Travel Consultant, not very happy at all if it's true :mad:

We only found out by talking to one of the waiters , so I dont know how long it is going to take Thomsons to send out the letters ,maybe leave it till people dont have much options ,will be glad to hear how you get on ,I know that we are so dissappointed , but as all the Spirit staff finished on friday I wonder if they will use the IE staff

mrs.c

All customers are being told on Monday morning officially about the Escape. The spirit is replacing the escape until February 4th - the spirit cruises go on sale to the general public on Tuesday.

As far as the company are aware the IE WILL be back.. The dry dock went from November.. to October and then now up until February , so personally I'm not sure!

I have 4 customers who I have to call on Monday and tell them - Theyve been on the IE so many times, i know they are going to be gutted. I feel so bad for them!

All customers are being told on Monday morning officially about the Escape. The spirit is replacing the escape until February 4th - the spirit cruises go on sale to the general public on Tuesday.

As far as the company are aware the IE WILL be back.. The dry dock went from November.. to October and then now up until February , so personally I'm not sure!

I have 4 customers who I have to call on Monday and tell them - Theyve been on the IE so many times, i know they are going to be gutted. I feel so bad for them!

Thank you for your info ,,, we are also gutted but not much we can do about it :(

mrs.c

It was only through talking to one of the waiters that we discovered this and our TA agent did not know until she phoned when we went up today and discovered it , said letters would be out soon , when she asked if we had the option to cancel she was told yes but we would lose our money if we did ,,, not good enough for your customers Thomson :(

mrs.c

Cor this thread livened up again since last I looked. Same pattern as before, selling I.E. cruises one day & cancelled the next. It would appear you can only cancel your booking & get all your money back if they can’t match the room specs or dates on the alternative.

…If waiters know of a cancellation while tickets are still being sold it does begin to look like Thomsons may be taking advantage of the loyalty of Island cruisers to fill their other ships.

I will give you a clue :D

VVVVVVVV

Doh

What the script with IE?Was under the impression it was going in for a short time for a refurb.Just read another post that its out of action till Feb.Whats getting done to it?They could build a new ship in that time.

Looks like we should be getting a letter from T.A. then . Our party is of 3 couples going on I.E. for a celebration of birthdays . Several of us turning 60 in next few months . Been on "big" ships before this and we were really looking forward to a week with All Inc thrown in . Love the night life on board ships so we expected this to be no different .

Our booking is for Jan 22nd dep Manchester to Gran Canaria . Will be giving T.A. a visit in morning .

Not being a cruise fanatic I booked Island Escape for 22/11/10 and paid extra £500 for a balcony, Thomson cancelled the cruise and offered change to Destiny on different dates, however they wanted £700 each to get a balcony on the Destiny, I told them I thought this was ridiculous as they cancelled the cruise I had paid for, what was worse was I checked the internet and could book the same holiday £400 each, cheaper than i was asked to pay. Not only that we couln't go on the dates we booked.

I phoned Thomson back and they said "oh we made a mistake its only £350 each for a balcony" you would think that they would have made some effort to get their sums right and try and help customers who had paid up front for a holiday they cancelled.

I then had to confirm FOUR times that I wanted my money back, very poor customer service Thomson, will never cruise again.

Booked 9 days in Florida with my returned money !!!!:mad:

Don't let it put you off cruising. Thomson are playing silly beggars with land holidays as well as I've seen this morning on the other forum. As for the balcony I've never had one but from what I've heard from others they are so cold and windy hardly anyone ever uses them. When I've looked up from shore there has never been anyone on them so probably best to save all that extra money.

I think Thomson have been really crafty by offering free AI all winter and sucking people in then cancelling the IE cruises when they must have known, you don't plan a refurb at the last minute. Are they still honouring the free AI?

Jan

Went to see T.A. today over booking . We booked with ThomasCook although a Thomson holiday . Firstly rang Thomson as though interested in a cruise on my dates already booked . They had just got confirmation of the problem and were informing people on I.E. of the change so couldnt offer me anything till after Nov 9th , when they would all be allocated a slot on Spirit .

When I then went into Tommy Cooks they had no idea of this and tried to tell me this is normal when a ship goes for refit . ( normal as in the booking page being removed from website ) . When I insisted they contact Thomson , they found out Thomson have sent letters today concerning our booking to Tommy Cooks .

Our All inclusive is being honoured and everything the same except name of ship we are cruising on . Lets see when we eventually get our letters from Tommy Cook .

How good is the Spirit ?

Archived